Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

Do people understand we've beaten Madrid and barca in the last two years 3-1 and 2-1 respectively during pre season? We fecked Madrid in particular. It means absolutely feck all to play a makeshift, half fit XI and hope for results against a team who's had more preparation. Some of you lot are incapable of perspective. Always doom and gloom

Same That's why I used Jolly. If you don't like my posts why don't you just completely ignore them? I'm going to keep posting my opinions regardless so you might as well ignore them or keep on crying for all I care.
I'd ignore you but it's too much fun.

I've felt that we've needed another experienced CB to compliment Smalling for a while now. Nothing to do with this game.

same here - from last yr playing blind and smalling. needed one then still need one now. jones isn't good enough.

This thread is hilarious, poor display but it's pre season. Some in here need serious help. Must be the Pogba saga taking it's toll, chill out.

The reaction on the Caf, and you wonder why ABUs have a field day on our account!

Sounds like one of those painful pre-season games where you realise you're playing in too extreme a conditions with a team not really pepared for the environment or the opposition.

Lets just hope we get through it unscathed, with match fitness improved.

Results really don't matter (as long as you don't go down 4/5-0 or something)

By the way, did the linesman call an offside for our throw in at the beginning of the half?
The commentator said it was because the ball didn't immediately go in play, he threw it at such an angle that it entered play illegally

Somebody complaining about Pogba and 100mil for a midfield? Hope you all see now how terrible we are in the midfield, Herrera, Mata their body language is desperate. I know its just the start and wont judge but, when you look close, we have 5 starters in this squad. To much average players in the team, hope Mou get ride of Lingard, i hate that lad.

I've been pretty happy with herrera. Getting all over the pitch, making some good passes, trying to get forward.

Myth? The feck are you on about? We've beaten/drawn with plenty of shite teams in pre-season games before title winning seasons. That's not a myth.
The myth is basically our players are shite during preseason and are somehow transformed for the better come the regular season. memphis depay is not goignt o stop faffing about come august.

Herrera won't stop passing back come august.

I alwats see it's just preseason and it's a myth. What we are seeing here are the true nature of the players.

Pre Season 2014 - The dawn of the Van Gaal era

Man Utd 7 - 0 LA Galaxy
Man Utd 3 - 2 Roma
Man Utd 0 - 0 Inter (Utd win on penalties)
Man Utd 3 - 1 Real Madrid
Man Utd 3 - 1 Liverpool
Man Utd 2 - 1 Valencia

Prem opening fixture

Man Utd 1 - 2 Swansea

Really wish it wasn't like that, but Memphis has nothing going on about him.

I just don't see what he can offer in any position, especially if the club strives to win something this year. He just doesn't have the awareness and vision to know what to do with or without the ball. Total waste of money.

always good to get a schooling in pre season, it gets rid of a false sense of security for these players. Memphis Depay, sorry guys but the lad is muck. I didn't see much of him for PSV but for us he does not look like he is capable at this level. Obertan was more productive in his time with us than Depay. Very disappointed in him and I suspect even if his performances improved by a factor of ten he would still be shite.

Honestly, the result doesn't matter, Jose said that too. Would be nice if one or two players play well though

After all these years, I fail to see the point of these tours. The crowd don't get to see the players they expect, the team that turns out is devoid of anyone who played in the Euros/WC and it's miles from home so the players have to adapt to at least two long flights. I nkow the club makes money but blah blah. I'd hoped they were a thing of the past after Fergie exploded when Scholes got sent off in one and was banned for the start of the seasonn the games are mega dull
1) The clubs make money from the tours
2) It helps raise the profile of the club in the region (which in turn helps the club make more money)
3) For a lot of these fans, it's the only chance they'll get to see the team as travelling to OT isn't an option - so really, they don't care if they don't see all their favourite players, they're just delighted to see the team

Jones lookin like Gazza out there with pot belly and blonde hair. Herrera lookin lightweight out there.. Bailly looks great. Shaw looking decent too. But the rest shocking. Mkhitarayan hopefully can get more on ball in second half

They forgot Schmelzer, and Subotic if he's staying. Ginter might leave as well. Pretty good.

Pre season but some players should be worried.

Juan Mata - To weak to be a nr 10, to slow to be a quality winger. Doesn't look good.

Memphis - Slow and he lack concentration. Huge question marks.

Phil Jones - I give him that he's rusty but that's Shaw too but he looks ten times better. The clock is ticking..

That bad huh.
Preseason in a hot and humid China where we are 3-4 games behind Dortmund in our preparation.
Memphis up front has given us no cutting edge and hasn't held up the ball to bring others into the game. Hoping for Rashford at half time to give us a boost. Even Mhki hasn't done anything to shout about.