Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

I reckon we could get a decent fee for Jones, with the influx of money in the PL and him being English and all, also I don't think he is on outrageous wages.

Not impressed by either team tbh. 2 goals, but both from mistakes/set pieces. Other than that, not much going on.

The pitch is clearly terrible, Mata just mis-controlled a pass. Madness.

We started badly and have got worse. None of them look like they've seen a football before.

First pre-season, one week after he took Holland to the WC semis. All went downhill from there!

I remember United fans were on a real high after the first pre season because we played some fantastic stuff as well then we played Swansea (was it?) on the first real game of the season and lost 1-0 (was it?), it was definitely a feeling of balloon burst.

I've been hearing this since our 2013 terrible pre-season with Moyes.
We had 2 great pre-season results under Van Gaal and look how that worked out for us..

As he said, it really is only pre-season. Winning or losing means nothing in these games.

Lots of good lessons for Jose.

Valencia struggles with the basics of defending and positioning. Blind is nowhere near Carrick. Herrera is useless in a midfield two. Depay is useless up front. Jones is useless, period.

Ofcourse

Nothing to be positive about. We are just so average it hurts.

Also you guys need to let go off the it's just preseason myth.
:lol:

It's not a myth, otherwise we would've won the fecking league twice over under LvG.

Jesus Christ, you're ridiculous.

Getting totally outplayed by the better side... not surprising.. just disappointing.
The scoreline isnt the problem.. we have showed nothing. Same pointless play hoping for something to magically happen

Seeing some nonsense in here, talking about how big of a job Jose's got on his hands, most of our best players aren't even on the tour and some of the ones that are on tour aren't even playing, Dortmund have 3 games on us in terms of match fitness and we're not even playing a proper midfield, it's pre-season it means nothing.

They have a better team and are ahead in their preparations. Obviously more match fit. They have played 3 more games. What did people expect?

Get a grip its pre season.
I don't care if it's only pre season, it's not like he's shit because he's knackered. He's invisible. His passing is shit. His creativity and intelligence is terrible. He can't do it in important games and he can't do it in pre season.

Just waiting for one of the resident experts to chime in that we need to buy another player or two based on our first pre-season friendly.

I seem to remember under Fergie the worse we did in preseason the better we did during the actual season.

At the end of the day this is a make shift team in a friendly in the heat and humidity of China. The result is not important. I would like to see us look a bit more dangerous but it is what it is.

Hoping to see Rashford in the second half see if he can give more of a cutting edge that Memphis.

Feel for those who woke up early to watch this. we look like we're playing in a sauna

Ofcourse

Nothing to be positive about. We are just so average it hurts.

Also you guys need to let go off the it's just preseason myth.
If it's a myth than why were be battering Barca in a friendly last year? Friendlies are irrelevant.

We can excuse players since its a friendly but some players just lack basic skills and understanding of the game. Jones and Memphis are just crap so they're excused but the likes of Herrera, Mata and Lingard annoy the hell out of me with their cowardly approach.