PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 October 2024

We should have been 4-0 up at the break but our finishing is abysmal. We predictably let them back in in the second half.

Ratcliffe, Berrada, and Ashworth HAVE to pull the fingers from out of their arseholes to sack him. Him staying is making my mental health even worse.

Oliver is also more corrupt than Donald Trump. He should never be allowed to referee again.

Calm down, you shouldn’t let footie affect you personally. At the end of the day, it’s just a game.

Reckon Sir Jim regrets taking on the job. This requires an insane amount of money to fix.
I’ve said this before, we needed an owner who would actually remove the Glazers entirely and also pay off the debt and build the stadium from their own pockets, the best we got was Sheikh Jassim but he’s better than Ineos who have clearly bitten off more than they can chew. They’re a deer in headlights with the manager, can’t decide to keep him or sack him.

If Ineos are serious pay whatever it takes to get Pep

Sell the club to him
If they don’t bin Ten bob off after this it is clear that INEOS aren’t serious, even those fecking clowns, the Glazers, would have fired him by now.

14th after 9 games. Wtf?
We deserved to be 14th after 38 games last season. We only escaped that because in the first half of the season we got a bunch of points we didn't deserve due to some individual brilliance of our players or the opposition not finishing easy chances. But this has been our level since the start of last season.

How Dalot has anything more than a 2 here is beyond me. Dalot missed a wide open goal, gave the ball away constantly, defended poorly and was responsible for their first goal. Horrendous and embarrassing game. If we ever get a left back, Dalot’s form has earned him a seat on the bench.

I feel so sorry for all those fans who have spent time and money going to that game, such a joyless experience now following Utd. Can’t score, hardly win any games and everyone knows the manager is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

We should have scored in the first half but even if we had of done I wouldn’t have trusted us to go on and win the game. As soon as West Ham weren’t doing there best imitation of our usual performance we had no answer. The table doesn’t lie and we are well and truly a mid table team.
Don’t feel sorry. It’s their decision to go. And they’re the ones who are clapping ETH off, shit result after shit result.

I wonder how SJR feels.

I wonder if he told the Glazers that they don't know what they are doing?

I wonder how he sold them the A team of footballing genius?

I wonder how he explains away our consistently poor performance across all competitions this season?

I wonder if he's dreading the 'phone call from a +1 code?

I wonder how he could spin any perceived improvement?

I wonder if EtH will be told to pack his bags?

I wonder.....

Surely he gets sacked now? Everyone can see we are going no where with this manager....except whoever is in charge. Who is?

Looked like the foul and handball occurred at the same time so how can that be clear and obvious. I like Oliver, but this was bad.

This team is just not fun to watch anymore.

A shit team, full of shit players and managed by a shit manager with shit owners and shit new management.

Penalty is soft, we wouldn't have got that penalty. Feck Michael Oliver and his spooked expression
Game should have been won in the first half, West Ham got back into it 2nd half.
It's not good enough, we can't have a good 90 minutes.

I'm tired

Rashford needs to play on the left, all our chances are falling to Garnacho and he isn't taking them, these are big moments and he doesn't score enough. I want to see Rashford in that left channel with the same chances.

I’ve said this before, we needed an owner who would actually remove the Glazers entirely and also pay off the debt and build the stadium from their own pockets, the best we got was Sheikh Jassim but he’s better than Ineos who have clearly bitten off more than they can chew. They’re a deer in headlights with the manager, can’t decide to keep him or sack him.
You're not going to get that with Sir Jim, he's tighter than a gnats chuff. If people were expecting him to splash out I think they're going to be very much mistaken.
Qatar would have done, but Jim won't. He could afford a new stadium ten times over, but the fact he's searching for investment and funding tells you everything. He's just another Glazer but under a different name.

I hope they feck TH off and he takes the undroppable Bruno with him. Pile of shit. WH the whipping boys, yet we cant beat them and in the end they are somehow playing better than us as well. The controversial pen will give TH something to make a positive about. 'We would have gained an important away point against the mighty WH if the ref hadnt have turned on us.' or something like that.

This loss is not on ETH. The players , especially the attackers, have let him down. Onwards and upwards.
Did you only watch the 1st half?

I got news for you - 2nd half is also a manager's job to ensure their team achieves results. And to react to the opposition team's adjustments too in case things aren't going well.

Should have been 4-0 up at half time and then the predictable 2nd half collapse began.

I mean you can’t really blame ETH for the finishing in the first half. If we’d gone in 4-0 up it would have been a very different story.

The 2nd half however was exactly what I expected from a team with no mental strength and a manager who doesn’t know how to change a game that’s slipping away.

Just pull the trigger already so we can start moving on!

On a side note the penalty decision was truly baffling. How someone could watch that over and over in slow motion and still think there was a clear and obvious foul/error there I’m not sure.

Rashford needs to play on the left, all our chances are falling to Garnacho and he isn't taking them, these are big moments and he doesn't score enough. I want to see Rashford in that left channel with the same chances.
Rashford wouldn't even make the runs. That why they never pass it to the right.

To be fair. Everything is wrong!!
The whole coach is wrong. Only one plan per game. No change or whatsoever can be input during the whole game.
We have seen fails again fails when Bruno is put to orchestrate in the middle. Stupidly play high balls when seeing our front fails to break the defenders or hold onto the balls. Keep losing the balls. You have had 1 week rest and still played like this? When I saw the last pass he made at the end; I could say it’s enough Bruno. Thank you for everything you have done.
Delot and Shaw simply have their focus only to their national teams. No heart to play for the club at all.
I am disappointed rather than angry after this game.

You mean can't afford to sack him. Think that's becoming patently obvious for everyone to see.

I’m not sure Rashford deserves to play at all, much less kick Garnacho out of his role. Garnacho’s finishing hasn’t been even close to good enough, but at least he’s putting in a shift every game. Rashford was one of our two worst players today. Why does he deserve to start anywhere?

I got news for you - 2nd half is also a manager's job to ensure their team achieves results. And to react to the opposition team's adjustments too in case things aren't going well.
It's a trend with ETH. Opposition managers make adjustments to their team or their gameplan which change how the game is going and swings it their way, while ETH rarely does the same. The Coventry match last season the most obvious and glaring one, but it happens quite often.

Worst team I have seen in years. Absolute dogshite. The table doesn't lie is right. We are a 14th placed team. I don't care we played ok first half and got robbed by the pen. What does that matter. Loads of teams will go to West Ham and create chances. Doesn't make them a top team. The best gift any failing manager can get is a game against United.

The mighty Westham is too strong for this team (even after 600m refreshment money...)

Did you only watch the 1st half?

I think the fact that football games are played over 90 minutes, not the 30 mins when you happen to play well, is the ETH issue.

agree with this, we needed a complete reset, people that could come in and just sell people and pay up contracts, we still have a massive albatross around our neck from ten years of complete mismanagement. Jasim would have been able to do that, players would have known their number ls were up and they certainly wouldn’t get the salaries that they were getting at United.

The penalty decision was obviously a disgrace and will steal all the headlines but if we are brutally honest, our inability to finish chances cost us that game.

1 win in the last 8 games. Absolutly awful.

I dont care what it costs but we need to move on from ETH now and NO we dont want Ruud until the end of the season, it will just be more of the same.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag speaking to BBC MOTD:
"Three times this season we feel injustice. We have to score, we created so many chances. We should've been two or three up. Second half we were forcing it but we allowed them into the game. When you are losing 1-0 you need big personality and character of the team and showed resilience to get back into it. Unfair and unjust the way we conceded the penalty."

On penalty: "It was so difficult to see. Before the season there was the instruction about VAR only interfering in clear and obvious mistakes. That is definitely not a clear and obvious mistake from the on field referee.

"More frustrations but I can do nothing with that. They don't collect points and that's what we have to do. We have to look in the mirror, we don't score in a good game from our side. Create loads of chances and concede none but when you lose in this way it's a bad feeling."

Spoken to officials? "I spoke with them. But the decision is made. There's no way back and that's football. That's a third time I have felt injustice in the season and it has a big impact on our team and on our scores and where we are in the table. It's not right."

Michael Oliver is fecking corrupt. But you could avoid terrible decisions like this impacting a game if your attackers actually FINISH THEIR CHANCES.

Wolves would like a word
Wolves haven't even had one one tenth of the appalling decisions we have against us week after week

If you're referencing the penalty that wasn't given when Onana clattered their CF in the first game of last season, then there's the problem in a nutshell.

The media made such a fuss about that decision that referees are petrified on giving us anything. It's bordering now on outright cheating.

Player Ratings

Provisional results
4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 122 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd