PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 October 2024

Seems like they're beholden to whatever they're told by the VAR. None of them have the balls to say 'you know what, I think you're wrong and I'm sticking with my original call.' It's absolutely pathetic.
The pitiful coward stood there like a frightened schoolboy who'd sh*t his trousers in front of the class, gormlessly watching those replays, hoping to see something, anything to justify him blowing for the penalty. Even when he gave it, he looked embarrassed. Absolute sh*tshow

I don't know who I'm angry at right now. At that cnut Oliver, at EtH, at our idiot players who can't finish their dinner... fecking hell. What an utterly demoralizing game.

The penalty was horseshit, but we should been coasting to a 3 or 4 nil victory at halftime. We don't score, we panic and keep things open and chaotic rather than slow it down, opposition gets the momentum and we concede.

West Ham are atrocious and with the obvious clear help from the officials have beaten us. Hope Ten Hag calls the corruption out before he's sacked.

4 wins in 13 games so far this season, one of which was against a team in League One. Not seen any stats on this, but that has to be a record. We're on course to finish with about 44 points.

The first half was actually one of our better performances, but the finishing was entirely on brand. We squandered chance after chance.

Second half was poor. West Ham came out pumped up, as we could have predicted, but we just weren't up for the fight. We limply folded, again.

In some respects we were a shade unlucky because the pen was horseshit, but the second half in general was so poor we cannot really complain about a loss. We didn't deserve any more.

I really think it boils down to a question of mentality. This team just cannot manage a game. They can't make the most of it when they're on the top, and they can't stay composed when they're under the cosh. They can play alright in spells, when things are going their way, but that's just nowhere near enough.

So it ends the same old story. I don't think the situation has changed that much in terms of managers. I'm not sure who is around this week that wasn't around last week. So we're sat in limbo yet again. However I suspect the Board will be forced into gambling on Ruud or some other interim manager before long, even if we have little expectation of a boost from it. Chelsea at home next week feels kind of ominous.

In isolation you can blame VAR and that feckless cnut Oliver but in all honesty the blame is also ours to take with the appalling finishing.

When you back the manager for finishing 8th it's almost inevitable that further mediocrity creeps in. I don't even blame ETH anymore, this is squarely on Ineos and their ineptitude to act. The so-called footballing experts are now actively responsible for the mire the team finds itself in.

Even McManniman says it's an awful decision...every pundit in this studio thinks it's a terrible decision.

If De Ligt does down screaming and Ings stays standing....is it a pen? No chance. Was a 50/50 and the man who faked an assassination attempt gets what he wants.

I am in shock.

Ten Hag clings on for another month with this narrow draw to a mid table rival only after an unjust penalty. Erik ignores and rejects that result! Doesn't count!

Forwards should hang their head in shame. One 45 minute performance against Brentford - the rest of the time they’re doing anything but show the slight amount of composure in front of goal.

We didn’t lose this on the pitch. One more game decided by referees. Our club leaders need to speak out. Make a statement that we want investigation. It is happening over and over and over again.

I’m dissapointed that we didn’t walk of the pitch as a protest.

Glad I didn’t watch the match. It’s another defeat and by the looks, another abject display in front of goal. At this rate, we won’t finish in the top half, let alone European positions.

Though I haven’t seen it, I understand it was a controversial penalty. But ETH has to go anyway, however I imagine the club will hold off again.

Never a corner

On field decisions where possible

Wasn’t clear and obvious

No idea why MO gets involved

The on field ref takes an age to decide

Football is dead

VAR has killed it

Dalot is shit
What about Rashford is shit too

What are you talking about we signed a striker lazier than Berbatov with the finishing ability of Titus Bramble
I should have said a goal scorer :lol: The club just misses the obvious, including the need to replace the manager. Not a look of competence to me.

Just grinds my gears that when we're under the cosh like we were in the second half everytime we get the ball Bruno hoofs it in the direction of Garnacho and we have to defend again. Just no ability to dictate any tempo.

ETH is bad, but he is still a lot better than our wingers, and miles better than the refs.

PL is just an embarrassing league these days.

If Ineos are serious pay whatever it takes to get Pep

Sell the club to him

Here we go how good was West Ham etc etc . Miss hit falls to another player and VAR again.

David Coot and Oliver are 2 of the biggest useless officials . H Webb will be issuing an apology again. We missed chance after chance that's cost more than the diabolical Officials on show today. Oliver has to be the worst Official in the modern day he gets paid stupid money to make calls like that. Most people in there jobs did that would be sacked.

I'm saying it now Utd won't ever get a pen like that.

We didn’t lose this on the pitch. One more game decided by referees. Our club leaders need to speak out. Make a statement that we want investigation. It is happening over and over and over again.

I’m dissapointed that we didn’t walk of the pitch as a protest.
At most we would only have had 1 point. It is still crap.

So frustrating. Aside from the blatantly bent penalty decision today, we just aren't very good. Sick of it.

It's interesting that Zirkzee headed the ball from Dalot, and then Casemiro scored with his own header, because Zirkzee mistimed his jump and what was probably intended as a shot fell to Casemiro. Zirkzee must have missed the next 6 attempts at headers. Just wanted to get that out before the "he provided an assist" because it looks like an accident, like Ings swinging at the ball, mostly missing it, and Summerville scoring. Ings and Zirkzee both get assists.

I'm tired.

Last edited:
Never a pen, but this is what happens when you can't take your chances. Game should have been buried by half time.

Dalot sleeping at the back post again and I'm failing to understanding the use of him inverting so much, means Rashford/Amad has to cover for him a lot negating their abilities. Also not understanding the fuss over Amad, decent on the ball but the amount of times he has to turn back because he can't use his right foot

Even our goal was lucky, crap header from Zirkzee which was going wide and Casemiro just happened in to be in the right place.

It's hard to make me rage after a game these as I'm so resigned to us being poor, but that one did it.

So wasteful in the first half and you could see it coming a mile off when we couldn't put 1, let alone a couple of those chances.

And that an absolute fecking of a penalty decision to top it off. Michael Oliver on VAR can feck right off bringing the red to the screen for that one. The ref spent so long looking at the screen, I'm not sure he even knew what he was supposed to be looking for. In the end he's bottled it and gone with what he's being told. Nonsense.

We can absolutely complain about the penalty, but not the result.

We missed five good chances to score in the first half. That is as big a reason why we lost than a last minute penalty.

Worried about who we replace ten Hag with. Graham Potter being mentioned again. Think it could be twenty years before we are in a title race again, let alone win one.

Grim, grim times.

i think the FA have a problem now..... Lets play out a scenario....this week ETH gets sacked and the FA come out and say that the pen decision was an error and should not have been reviewed as it was not clear & obvious especially when the ref took so long to review after a VAR review. So the decision is directly related to a manager getting sacked. Would there be grounds for compensation??

Take your chances otherwise the opposition might just take theirs. Real should have had a comfortable lead first half yesterday. We should have had a resounding lead at half time. Pathetic from the players. Then it's up to our manager to make some changes to win the game but he fails yet again. Dalot, Garnacho, Hojlund etc get 90 mins. How can Dalot be on the pitch the whole game after missing open goal and being at fault for their first? Complete incompetence from ten Hag. Our club allows him to still be in charge after all the shit he's put us through. He should have been gone ages ago. It's been a year and a half since Liverpool beat us 7-0. He's still here.

We paid the price for poor finishing yet again, in the first half. Second half we were awful and I think we are due a manager change. I'm not sure if it will help, with these players but we gotta try something. As awful as we were and I am obviously biased. That was the worse penalty decision I have ever seen.

I feel so sorry for all those fans who have spent time and money going to that game, such a joyless experience now following Utd. Can’t score, hardly win any games and everyone knows the manager is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

We should have scored in the first half but even if we had of done I wouldn’t have trusted us to go on and win the game. As soon as West Ham weren’t doing there best imitation of our usual performance we had no answer. The table doesn’t lie and we are well and truly a mid table team.

No penalty obviously, but that's not really important is it? It's clear that the team is going nowhere under EtH, 11 pts and a GD of -3 as we approach November is simply unacceptable.

long ball to Garnacho long ball to Garnacho long ball to Garnacho
He needs individual brilliance for this to work. He done well in his first season because Rashford was on purple patch on that RW. 2nd and 3rd season both Rashford and Garnacho can't perform to the required standards.

He is not a coach like Pep, SAF, Klopp where it's more to the system than individual brilliance. SAF won titles with Cleverly as CM.

Our shit manager
Our shit players
Our shit ownership
Our shit refs

Take your pic on who to blame for this one.

Player Ratings

Provisional results
4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 109 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd