PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 October 2024

That has to be it for ETH. Can point to bad luck and bad decisions but we’re in a results game and being 14th after 9 games isn’t good enough.

We should've scored 3 in the first time and put the game to bed. Instead we've allowed West Ham to regroup and let Oliver win it for them.

This is the problem when you struggle to create chances as a team or, on the rare occasion that you do, fail to convert anything. Every single game goes down to the finest margins like highly subjective / bullshit VAR calls.

Never a corner

On field decisions where possible

Wasn’t clear and obvious

No idea why MO gets involved

The on field ref takes an age to decide

Football is dead

VAR has killed it

Dalot is shit

another depressing performance

we're toothless in attack despite having quite a lot of talented players to work with

Onana is probably our player of the season so far

A struggling West Ham go above us in the table.

How the feck is this club being managed right now? Not buying a striker in the summer is criminal.

Easy to say Michael Oliver strikes again, he really doesn’t like us but we should have been clear by half time.

I don’t think we are winning the league guys. Starting to think we might need a new manager to progress too. I like Erik, but this is a results game and the results are nowhere near good enough and haven’t really been for a long long time.

Disgusting cowardice from David Coote.
Seems like they're beholden to whatever they're told by the VAR. None of them have the balls to say 'you know what, I think you're wrong and I'm sticking with my original call.' It's absolutely pathetic.

We actually played really well but if you can't score than you lose. Feel sorry for Erik
Pretty much this. For 17 minutes we were fantastic then we were good. Still made some really silly mistakes and then eventually the missed chances cost us which was always going to happen.

Why tf is Oliver getting involved with the pen? Was it a clear and obvious error no it wasn’t.

They will wriggle there way out of it bc we won’t make a big deal of it. Time and time again we let the refs off the hook by not speaking out and making a big deal of their f ups.

Imagine pool or arse staying quiet as much as we do, won’t happen.

Hit the post twice, missed an open goal and a handful other clear cut chances in the first half. Instead of building on top of the performance, we got outplayed by one of the worst sides in the Prem (note: we're also in that list). Also, never a penalty.

Sadly, baldy has to go now before we start the relegation battle.

Missed the game due to work.

How bad was it?

Battered them in the first half, easiest game we have had all season in that regard and we somehow ended up losing. West Ham turned up at half time and whenever a team shows a bit of fight against us we can’t match it.

What is new? Did Rashford play? I think it is the new norm. United will win enough games not to be in relegation battle, I think that's it. I can't believe it is only end of Oct and the EPL top 4 hope is finish. Judge me at the end of the season say Erik. Haha, we have a joke of a manager.

A struggling West Ham go above us in the table.

How the feck is this club being managed right now? Not buying a striker in the summer is criminal.
What are you talking about we signed a striker lazier than Berbatov with the finishing ability of Titus Bramble

I know it's another loss but I find it hard to criticise ETH here. We dominated the first half and should've scored 3.

It was never a penalty either.

The game plan was good but the players can't finish.

I really don't care anymore but he really needs to go. We missed a ton of chances in the first half and that's not ETH's fault. But something needs to change.

I’m livid after that.
How is that ever a penalty?
‘Clear and obvious’ - how is the ref taking 5 minutes to watch a replay clear and obvious?
Our own worst enemies with the complete lack of composure in the first half. Should have been game set and match by half time

Battered them in the first half, easiest game we have had all season in that regard and we somehow ended up losing. West Ham turned up at half time and whenever a team shows a bit of fight against us we can’t match it.
FFS...
How are we not scoring when battering teams?! Somethings just not right.

Just feck off, seriously. I'm so sick of this fecking inept team.

Need fifty attacks to score once and always willing to let the opposition score at the drop of a hat.

It was so obvious at half time what was going to happen. Played well in the main, but it means feck all when you don't win. And we barely ever win. Scoring a fecking goal seems to be a herculean challenge.

feck's sake

Player Ratings

Provisional results
4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 110 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results