EL D Europa League Match Day 3

Fenerbahce 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 24 October 2024

Jose calls the referee one of the best referees in the world because he can watch the game and him and at the same time.

Twat

3 games
3 draws
3 points
5 goals for
5 goals against

Perfect balance!

Ten Hag needs perfect balance.
He’s walking a fecking tightrope.

Someone give him a shove !

Once again, I was absolutely furious watching Rashfords lack of defensive work.

Some positive performances however from Onana, Ugarte and Garnacho.

I'm sure there will be a change of manager at some point. We 've suffered for what feels like an eternity now, we can wait a little longer for the perfect attacking minded manager to become available. Whomever that might be. :)

I am fed up seeing Dalot out of position, think was about 32nd minute and was running into the box over on the left... Rashford and Eriksen having to stay back to cover him... If he was scoring or creating loads the fine but he is not and him being in advanced attacking positions means someone who has more attacking attributes is not taking those positions

As for the match pretty meh, before the season started I would have said a draw was a good result, so cannot really go back on that now however in the context of the season so far it was an average performance not really showing signs of improvement

ETH cost us the game before it started, there was zero reason to play Mazraoui as a ten. Should have either started Casemiro and pushed Eriksen further forward or start Amad.

So he saw Mazraoui play well as a 10 for Ajax in the odd game, probably against some team in the bottom half of eredivisie, with the overall quality of a league 1 team, and he thought that it would also work for Manchester United in EL? One of our most technical and composed players are instead watching the game from the side for 88 minutes. And got the 2 minutes because Antony got injured and he was basically out of options.
Zirkzee has shown that his current level is way below what we need, but still start games.
But picking the wrong players is sadly far from his biggest problem.
We have no clue how to keep possession past our own defensive third.
We hit it long to Zirkzee at times who is strong as a horse but can`t anticipate where the ball is going to land so it never sticks.
We are genuinly one of the worst teams in the entire competition.

Just how can the board be satisfied with this?

He thought anthony trained well and deserved a sub appearance over amad. He's absolutely mental and looking for the sack at this stage.

3 games
3 draws
3 points
5 goals for
5 goals against

Perfect balance!

Ten Hag needs perfect balance.
He’s walking a fecking tightrope.

Someone give him a shove !

In fairness, had we not shat the bed v Twente, it would be a fine return given the fixtures. But we did and we are where we are.

Zirkzee is a certain massive flop.
I'd like to at least see him play his alleged best position before writing him off. People spent all summer saying that he's not a big lump to stick up front and likes to play deeper, so naturally the only role he's played so far is as a big lump up front (and he's bad at it).

I know he's been a figure of fun but when you consider that Emery's been at Villa for roughly the same time as ten Hag's been at United (admittedly no trophies won), the difference is staggering.

This turmoil reminds of the 80s, but in those days we use to at least beat the scousers. Now we get battered by them too, on top of all this madness.

Better in 2nd half but it was still not good enough. I'd be fine with draws at Porto and Fenerbahce (though we should be beating those teams) if we won the game against Twente at home but we didn't so 3 draws in 3 games isn't great start. 5 games to go and results should improve but I won't be surprised if we struggle against likes of Bodo/Glimt and Rangers.

Onana with great double save. Dalot looked good as well and Eriksen (mostly) too. Lindelof and Martinez poor for their goal.

Insignificant fact but we've now played against Mourinho team under every permanent manager since Fergie retired. Draw and a loss for Moyes; draw and a loss for van Gaal; 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss for Ole and now a draw for ten Hag. Not great, not terrible I guess.

I'd like to at least see him play his alleged best position before writing him off. People spent all summer saying that he's not a big lump to stick up front and likes to play deeper, so naturally the only role he's played so far is as a big lump up front (and he's bad at it).
I genuinely convinced myself we’d bought him to help Hojlund.. I had no idea it would always be one or the other, it just seems a real square peg in round hole situation where nobody wins

Better in 2nd half but it was still not good enough. I'd be fine with draws at Porto and Fenerbahce (though we should be beating those teams) if we won the game against Twente at home but we didn't so 3 draws in 3 games isn't great start. 5 games to go and results should improve but I won't be surprised if we struggle against likes of Bodo/Glimt and Rangers.

Onana with great double save. Dalot looked good as well and Eriksen (mostly) too. Lindelof and Martinez poor for their goal.

Insignificant fact but we've now played against Mourinho team under every permanent manager since Fergie retired. Draw and a loss for Moyes; draw and a loss for van Gaal; 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss for Ole and now a draw for ten Hag. Not great, not terrible I guess.
Great, now we're playing against cnuts from Lord of the Rings.

Jose is pure box office and more entertainment watching him than this team. Mazrouai decision was baffling and usual inept European night.

Hard to see any positives at this point, no progress being made and rapidly losing faith in the lack of action from the hierarchy.

Europa play-offs likely and I wouldn’t bank on us getting through that.

Flat game. It was is predictable that we wouldn't be able to hold onto lead after going 1-0 up. How many times have we seen that?

In isolation, a draw away in Turkey is not bad. However the problem is this isn't in isolation. 3 points from 3 games is so poor, and this is the Europa League, not Champions League.

Credit to Onana for some great saves and Eriksen for a good goal. Ugarte put in a shift too.

I'm quite pleased to walk away with a point in all honesty. Onana and Ugarte really pulled us out of the fire in the first half with amazing stops. On the balance of the game a draw is probably fair but we definitely could have won that game.

They were not very good and were reliant on Maximan to do it all on his own, lucky for him Dalot had an absolutely shocking game again. As others have said I cannot believe how we messed up that 3 v 1 when Dalot was pretty much clean though, he's got to shoot there and if not got just cannot get the cutback wrong with that much time.

Ugarte did well as did Martinez, De Ligt , onana and Garnacho. I absolutely love the spirit Garnacho has it is incredible how much we rely on a kid to create everything for us and he just keeps trying.

On the negative, Dalot, Lindelof and Zirkzee were all dire in the game. Zirkzee mar a couple of good passes but then several thru balls that just went nowhere near the right place.

All in all not a bad point but could have easily been 3.

Whatever he does or does not do this season, I can't imagine who can truly believe that Ten Hag has enough to have us win the premier league or champions league. At best we will always struggle for top 4 and lesser cups, with him

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Andre Onana image Andre Onana 68% of 152 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 143 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win