EL D Europa League Match Day 3

Fenerbahce 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 24 October 2024

Another crap game. Just stuck in a holding pattern. ETH clearly isn't fixing the fundamentals, but for whatever reason, we don't have a replacement available. So we limp on with no real sign of improvement.

We only rarely show intensity, we can't play our way out from the back, can't keep the ball up front, can't pin the opposition back, no chemistry on show among the forward line. Watching this team is just, well, really boring most of the time.

We do at least seem a little more composed in defence these days. De Ligt and Mazraoui have been good additions. Martinez looked better today than recent games. Onana has been our best player so far this season. Ugarte covers the edge of the box well.

But that's slim picking. We're mostly just counting down the days ETH he gets replaced and we can actually start building something. I just hope the right candidate arrives sooner rather than later.

Seriously Eric ten hag mindset is such a loser. The way he is thinking is how to play Manchester United not to lose the game. Look like he is happy to manage this team to survive not to be a champion.

For example he would be prepare this team not to lose to Wolves, Palace or else even though this team is full of talented players that played very well in their national team.

United will be a mid table team under this loser mind set of the manager.

I've become indifferent to the level of awfulness only an ETH team can deliver, people supporting him need to ask themselves whether their expectations are so rock bottom in which case why follow the team? Decant coach that much is obvious but our football unintelligent owners seems equally incompetent.

let him continue, leadership accepted that we are going to be lower-mid level teams for the season. otherwise they would have sacked him already. everyone already expressed their views on ETH, unless our fan base become as demanding as Real Madrid, we will be suffering thru nights like today. we will support the team but the team sucks and we should make it known.

It’s just so depressing, we can’t beat mediocre teams in the Europa so why even fawn for the champions league?
Weird line up, strange subs and overall a massive lack of quality, the teams could of swapped shirts and id not have noticed, awful

We just seem so disorganised, not just this game but many games. Other teams we play whether there top teams or the worst always seem better organised even with so called inferior players. We pass the ball and the player receiving it is under pressure straight away. I despair, surely another manager could get a better response from our players, we don’t have bad players to my mind just badly coached.

The Twente game had the same lack of oomph, I'm starting to think the players don't care for this tournament.
Will be interesting to see how we are at WHUM, we live in hope they turn up but likely Brentford was an outlier from what we're seeing.

Tonight in isolation would be pretty good, the Turkish teams are a nightmare for the away legs but to have been 2-0 up at Porto and then concede that joke goal to Twente drags it right down.

There's absolutely no way the players gave their all there. Not a chance.
didn't see a lack of effort just a total lack of quality. We have so many players that look decent on paper and can play well for twenty minutes here and there but no one really steps up and does it week in, week out.

Our best player this season has been a free transfer signing from a few years back.

We’re just shit these days. Used to it now. The condescending commentary whether meant or not shows where we are, going on about we have easier games coming up and how we’re played well

If the club have wrote this season off in October, then they should just tell us and have done with it.

You should also be able to rate the manager as well as the players in the post match discussion threads. Would at least give me a few seconds frustration release.

There's just no joy to this. It's like...slide number 76 on a PowerPoint based on the history of the tax system.

Squad worth of 226 million vs. squad worth of 860 million. If i didn't know which on is which, I'm not sure if I could tell which one is the (lot) more expensive team. Pozitives: around the 60th minute we played really well for 10 minutes, Ugarte's work rate. Negatives: everything else. No win again, useless Rashford, selfish wingers, Antony, Zirkzee (seems like ha hasn't got a clue where the goal is), Ugarte is totally limited in forward play, whatever. Could write a long list.

didn't see a lack of effort just a total lack of quality. We have so many players that look decent on paper and can play well for twenty minutes here and there but no one really steps up and does it week in, week out.

Our best player this season has been a free transfer signing from a few years back.
I see quality players playing at a walking pace.

There's just no joy to this. It's like...slide number 76 on a PowerPoint based on the history of the tax system.
Pretty much.

Couple of issues on their goal. We know Dalot struggles when he's switched between RB and LB and we know that he's had some trouble against ASM before, so not much wonder that it came down that side.

We also know that Lindelof is terrible in the air and El-Nesyri is very good in the air, so having a defensive setup that naturally leads to those two being matched up a lot was a mistake.

Both of those things factors were avoidable had Mazraoui, or even Lindelof, been at RB. I doubt we'll be seeing Nous in midfield again any time soon - I don't think he did anything wrong exactly, but we just didn't get anything from him being there that wouldn't have been bettered by one of the other options we had.

In isolation, a draw in Istanbul is actually alright. It just doesn't really feel that way because we've had a lot of lows, some middlings, and practically no highs for a while now. It's fair to feel like we're owed some highs at some point.

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Andre Onana image Andre Onana 68% of 151 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 141 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win