EL D Europa League Match Day 3

Fenerbahce 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 24 October 2024

He wasn't actually engaging anyone or putting pressure any on. He was covering spaces without actually doing anything. It was all half-hearted stuff.

Are you saying you think that was a good performance from him off the ball?
No. It was average. But it's crazy tactics to have your RW having to cover for your RB who is a worse attacker.

We've seen bad Rashford and that was nowhere close.

There were plenty of times he could have engaged the opposition player to win the ball back and he stood off or let someone run by him and didn't bother running back to help out the other defenders.

This was a stark contrast to his effort levels in the second half against Brentford.
Oh I forgot, he got a yellow card early. This explains why he wasn't engaging.

Oh I forgot, he got a yellow card early. This explains why he wasn't engaging.

Jaysus. You're just clutching at straws with this.

Being on a yellow means you don't make rash challenges not that you stand off and refuse to engage at all or let players run past you and then half-heartedly jog back while the opposition are attacking at pace.

Mourinho summed it up perfectly after the game

"At the end of the game I made 3 changes and brought on 3 players to win the game thinking Ten hag will go for a win given the fact that they need it more than us to qualify so I was expecting United to attack and leave spaces behind for us to attack. But he chose to protect the result which told me United is happy with 3 points in 3 games so I think this is a positive result In their mind and then Eric confirmed it after the game "

Hag is small pathetic manager.

"At the end of the game I made 3 changes and brought on 3 players to win the game thinking Ten hag will go for a win given the fact that they need it more than us to qualify so I was expecting United to attack and leave spaces behind for us to attack. But he chose to protect the result which told me United is happy with 3 points in 3 games so I think this is a positive result In their mind and then Eric confirmed it after the game "

I know nobody here likes Ronaldo but he was spot on when he spoke about Ten Hag. He doesn’t have the mentality for this job. Always too happy just not losing.

Then I saw Ten Hag’s response to it and it was sad. He had nothing. He made Ronaldo look like the sensible one.

Basic stats for the three Europa league games that produced three draws.

Goals scored 5
Goals conceded 5
Shots on goal 60
Shots for the opposition on goal 31
Shot on target 18
Shot for the opposition on target 15
United's Possession in games 57%,54%,48%
United's Pass accuracy 86%,89%,84%

Games to play and their record in the Europa League this season.

PAOK (H) - Drew 1 and lost 2
Bodo?Glimt (H) Won 2 and drew 1
Viktoria Plzen (A) drew 3
Rangers (H) won 2 lost 1
FC Steaua București (A) won 2 lost 1
Based on the stats, we're right where we should be. Rubbing shoulders with the Elfsborgs of the world.

I know nobody here likes Ronaldo but he was spot on when he spoke about Ten Hag. He doesn’t have the mentality for this job. Always too happy just not losing.

Then I saw Ten Hag’s response to it and it was sad. He had nothing. He made Ronaldo look like the sensible one.
I like Ronaldo, United legend. And what he said in the interview was true.

Got a link to where those quotes come from? In Europe even during Ferguson's time United more often than not looked to avoid defeat in away games and win their home games. Jose seemed happy with the point himself as his side scored from their only shot on target in the 2nd half, had three shots on goal in total in the 2nd half and just 159 passes compared to 330 passes 1st half.

it was a poor outing but guess it could have been a worse result. Would be nice to -lay an entertaining match from time to time.

Jaysus. You're just clutching at straws with this.

Being on a yellow means you don't make rash challenges not that you stand off and refuse to engage at all or let players run past you and then half-heartedly jog back while the opposition are attacking at pace.
I wasn't excusing it btw. I just forgot that it happened and figured that was playing on his mind. He should have done more.

Chill.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 153 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fenerbahce win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Fenerbahce 1:2 Man Utd