LC W League Cup Third Round

Manchester United 7:0 Barnsley

Post-match discussion

Tue, 17 September 2024

It’s been a while since we gave a minnow a proper thumping. Very refreshing.

A bit disappointing that we didn’t give more youth players some minutes though.

To admins: Antony scored a goal today, why isn’t it shown in the graphics?

Lovely jubbly, great result, Barnsley or no Barnsley. 7 goals and great performances from our attackers.

Hopefully this gives the team even more confidence infront of goal going forward as well.

This Rashford interview really adds substance to the notion he doesn’t enjoy playing football. My god man.

Job done and a very enjoyable watch too. Some of the football on display was scintillating. Even more better is that we have no new fresh injuries to contend with.

What I liked most about is that our attackers are finally looking out for each other when it comes to creating chances for their team mates, hopefully we will see more of this.

Great win. Could have easily scored a couple more too. Should do wonders for our confidence with all our attackers getting on the scoresheet.

We can't really take too much from that given the level of Barnsley. But we did play some nice stuff at times and scored a couple of good goals.
The best thing is we didn't make a complete meal of it like we did against everyone last season.

We have third highest xG in the league. It’s only a matter of time we start scoring more in the league as well. Great result even it was against league 1 opposition.

Not sure how the telly crew gave Rashford MOTM when he was 3rd at best.
But I’ll take him gaining confidence if he can be more consistent

i think we’ve looked much better this year

People don’t want to hear it

We have. Even with the losses, there's been an improvement.

Interestingly for me, it was listening to Dalot's interview and the conviction that he spoke with, even after the Liverpool loss, that gives you the confidence because the players themselves feel they're on to something good this season.

Can't member the last time I enjoyed a game so much. We could of had a dozen goals. I know it's only League One opposition, but we needed to thump somebody.

I’m very surprised they didn’t shut up shop when we scored a couple

Enjoyed that. Haven’t scored that many in a LOOOOONG time!
Garnacho, Eriksen and Rashford were excellent, but also thought Casemiro was great.
He can still offer something, we’ll just have to accept he has a mistake in him nowadays.

If Ten Hag could set us up more conservatively in the big games while Casemiro doesn’t take too many risks he would be ok.

Anyway, nice to watch that tonight, and hopefully players can build on this.

Rashford's first goal was top class - that first touch, dribble + finish is something I hope he will keep up.

They were shite, really fecking shite.

Was like a training game walk about towards the end, before that there was some nice football played and some good goals scored taking into account the opposition, it was the least you'd expect. Should be a confidence booster for these players especially Rashford and Garnacho. Eriksen was silky once again, nice to see him get on the score sheet.

And Antony is still a twat, 7-0 up and he's still mouthing off at the full back. Tosser.

Decent football at times too, regardless of opposition.
I've been critical of Rashford, but he looked sharp today - sincerely hope the confidence will big him up.

Hopefully we can translate the momentum and confidence to the league again.

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Alejandro Garnacho image Alejandro Garnacho 45% of 238 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 225 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win