Portsmouth vs Manchester United

Damn, we're really lacking bodies for the start of the season, again... let's hope we can pull through:

----------------------- Van Der Sar --------------------
Brown ------ Ferdinand ----------- Vidic ------ Silvestre
-------------- Fletcher ----------- Scholes -------------
Rafael De Silva ----------------------------------- Evra
------------------ Tevéz -------- Rooney ----------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Gibson, Possebon & Campbell

I'm really unsure how we'll fare, I just hope we can win.

Damn, we're really lacking bodies for the start of the season, again... let's hope we can pull through:

Looks decent enough on paper, but I'm not sure having 6 defensive players (attacking minded or not) would be the best solution.

Looks good although I think O'Shea will start ahead of Rafael.

Silvestre is off apparently

- Van der Sar -

- Neville - Rio - Vidic - Evra -

- Possebon -

- Fletcher - Scholes -

- Rooney - Campbell - Tevez​

That's on the basis of Hargreaves and Park not being fit, which doesn't look likely at this moment in time.

It'd be brilliant just to have Hargreaves and/or Park on the bench.

- Van der Sar -

- Possebon -

- Fletcher - Scholes -

That's on the basis of Hargreaves and Park not being fit, which doesn't look likely at this moment in time.

Looks solid and has the ability to score goals. O'Shea would probably start, wouldn't he? Reckon SAF could throw him in there ahead of Possebon, i'd prefer if the latter was starting though.

- Van der Sar -

- Possebon -

- Fletcher - Scholes -

Looks good to me. More likely to see O'Shea in place of Possebon though. But would Fergie really do this? We would have no other fresh strikers to come off the bench and thats a risk.

i see what you did there ace

Well, thats what I'd play. Not what I think we'll play. Sorry should have made that clear. I don't try guess what Fergie is going to do as its almost impossible to predict.

Silvestre is off apparently
If Silvestre is out, change my line up to:

Brown ------ Ferdinand ----------- Vidić ------- O'Shea
------------------ Tévez -------- Rooney ----------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Fábio, Evans, Gibson, Possebon & Campbell

Seriously? If Silvestre is out, what's listed there is basically the rest of our squad who are fit or eligable to play. (I can't think of anyone else who isn't injured, suspended or doing something else).

I'd pick this though, offensive defensive players on the wings might not be a bad thing, as they won't be neglecting their defensive duties. (Such as Ronaldo and Nani most of the time). Rafael and Evra are both fast and skillful so they should give us the penetration we need, with Scholes (or Fletcher) supporting Tévez and Rooney when possible. Fletcher is usually the defensive minded midfield player, and although he was on the wing against Newcastle, we've seen that he can get in good positions. (We also saw this in the Community Shield).

Again, if things aren't going our way, Possebon on for Fletcher or Scholes, then bring on Campbell for someone else (probably Fletcher or Scholes depending who was subbed). If we really need to push for the win, sticking Possebon in the centre of midfield alone with a front three of Tévez, Campbell and Rooney would be our best bet. Still utilizing the width and pace of Rafael and Evra. We don't really have any other potential game changers left for the Portsmouth game, so we'll need to hope what's sent out can do the job.

If SAF is reluctant to use five attacking players with only one defensive player, then the other option is to keep Possebon centre mid, push Evra back to left back with O'Shea going into left side mid, and take off Rafael for Gibson, so we'd have three tight midfielders with Rooney, Tévez and Campbell up top.

Hopefully, Silvestre isn't out, so we've got a proper left back if Fergie does go with Evra on the left wing. (He has done it two or three times already and I think Evra is a great stand in winger). I'm also hoping that Hargreaves and Park will be fit, but all this could just be wishful thinking.

I like my line up, but as long as we can come away from Fratton Park with three points I'm not fussed what happens. (As long as we don't pick up anymore injuries).

Didnt mean it i was being...cant think of the word.

Think possebon is more creative than fletcher great passer of the ball and has a great hit on him too. its early to know what hell develop like, but he offers something different to fletcher.

He does offer something different to Fletcher, he is more tidy in possession and finds space better. I wouldn't call that creative. Fletch has been in good form recently, and he's still the better player, it would be very unfair to drop him.

actually he is. not as creative as Scholes - but i've seen him make some, shall we say, clever passes.

Clever passes indeed, but not incisive imo. He's a very intelligent passer but I wouldn't call him creative yet.

Van der Sar
Brown-Rio-Vidic-Evra
O'Shea-Carrick
Fletcher-Scholes-Rooney
Tevez

Team should be...

GK: VDS

RB: Brown
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
LB: Evra

RM: Fletcher
CM: O'Shea
CM: Scholes
LM: Giggs

CF: Tevez
CF: Rooney

Subs: PIG, Rafael, Neville, Evans, Possebon, Gibson, Campbell

When I thought Berbatov might play I thought we'd win 0-1 however it doesn't look like Berba will be on board in time for this game so I'm afraid more dropped points 0-0

Team should be...

When I thought Berbatov might play I thought we'd win 0-1 however it doesn't look like Berba will be on board in time for this game so I'm afraid more dropped points 0-0
Also on this line-up -> Giggs is injured

Team should be...

O'Shea in centre midfield :nervous: i would rather have Rodrigo there to be honest.
Giggs has a hamstring injury, but don't know when he's back.

I think we should play 433
David James has been awful over the past 3 weeks so we should be able to get a goal or two.

One of the youngsters has to start now..

------------------VDS
---Brown---------Rio-------Vida------O'shea
-Fletcher -------Scholes--Possebon--Evra midfield = :nervous:
-----------Rooney
----------------------Apache

One of the youngsters has to start now..

------------------VDS
---Brown---------Rio-------Vida------O'shea
-Fletcher -------Scholes--Possebon--Evra midfield = :nervous:
-----------Rooney
----------------------Apache

Yep should go with that or

vds

neville ferdinand vidic o'shea

rafael scholes fletcher evra

rooney tevez​

Second half subs:

Rafael-possebon

O'shea-fabio

Tevez-berbatov:)

vds

neville ferdinand vidic fabio

fletcher scholes possebon evra

rooney berbatov​

3-1 - tevez 2, berbatov

IF Berbatov plays against Sunderalnd, then we sign him after that game is he eligible to play for us on the monday against Portsmouth also?

Yes he is, but chances are that he wont be included.

Are you sure? I thought the deadline was today at 5 just like last week to register new players in time.

Are you sure? I thought the deadline was today at 5 just like last week to register new players in time.
isnt that for the weekend matches .. we play on monday night , we can get him registered on monday

dont think it will happen tho

is dong back .. hope he makes the bench .. we need someone to sit on the 7th seat

isnt that for the weekend matches .. we play on monday night , we can get him registered on monday

dont think it will happen tho

is dong back .. hope he makes the bench .. we need someone to sit on the 7th seat

I would think it would be the same for every club regardless of which day they were playing.

United duo not ready to face Pompey
Neither Owen Hargreaves nor Park Ji-Sung will come into contention for Manchester United's Premier League encounter at Portsmouth on Monday.

However, the duo were training with United's first-team squad at their Carrington HQ on Friday morning.

Hargreaves has an outside chance of making the UEFA Super Cup tie with Zenit St Petersburg in Monaco next Friday as he battles to overcome a tendinitis problem in his knee, but Park will probably not be used until after the forthcoming international break as he has only just returned to training after knee surgery.

The sight of Cristiano Ronaldo on the training ground would have gladdened the hearts of United followers, although the Portugal international will not be back in action until October following an ankle operation.

Carlos Tevez has returned after a family bereavement kept him out of the opening day draw with Newcastle, while it appears Sir Alex Ferguson has opted not to rush Anderson home from the Olympics, so John O'Shea stands by to fill Michael Carrick's midfield berth.

Nemanja Vidic did not train with the main group on Friday morning but is expected to face Pompey. Nani completes a three-game ban.

Kick-off at Fratton Park is at 8pm.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, F Da Silva, Fletcher, O'Shea, Scholes, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Campbell, Welbeck.

Brown ------ Ferdinand ----------- Vidic ------ -----Evra
Tevez ----------------------------------- --------Rafael
------------------ Rooney -------- Cambell ----------------

We will need a stroing back 4 against these.

7 first team players out.

NANI CARRICK RONALDO PARK HARGREAVES ANDERSON SAHA

If it helps I had a dream last night that as I was walking into some building I passed Ronaldo, Rio and Fletcher, they told me we won 1 - 0, though the scorer was Ronaldo so not sure what to make of that.

Brown ------ Ferdinand ----------- Vidic ------ -----Evra
Tevez ----------------------------------- --------Rafael
------------------ Rooney -------- Cambell ----------------

We will need a stroing back 4 against these.

7 first team players out.

NANI CARRICK RONALDO PARK HARGREAVES ANDERSON SAHA
Rafael on the left wing :nervous:
Tevez as winger :nervous:

United duo not ready to face Pompey
Neither Owen Hargreaves nor Park Ji-Sung will come into contention for Manchester United's Premier League encounter at Portsmouth on Monday.

However, the duo were training with United's first-team squad at their Carrington HQ on Friday morning.

Hargreaves has an outside chance of making the UEFA Super Cup tie with Zenit St Petersburg in Monaco next Friday as he battles to overcome a tendinitis problem in his knee, but Park will probably not be used until after the forthcoming international break as he has only just returned to training after knee surgery.

The sight of Cristiano Ronaldo on the training ground would have gladdened the hearts of United followers, although the Portugal international will not be back in action until October following an ankle operation.

Carlos Tevez has returned after a family bereavement kept him out of the opening day draw with Newcastle, while it appears Sir Alex Ferguson has opted not to rush Anderson home from the Olympics, so John O'Shea stands by to fill Michael Carrick's midfield berth.

Nemanja Vidic did not train with the main group on Friday morning but is expected to face Pompey. Nani completes a three-game ban.

Kick-off at Fratton Park is at 8pm.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, F Da Silva, Fletcher, O'Shea, Scholes, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Campbell, Welbeck.
SQUAD SWELLING FOR POMPEY

Sir Alex Ferguson is hopeful that his squad will be boosted by the return of a handful of key players in time for Monday evening's trip to Portsmouth.

Carlos Tevez, who missed last weekend's draw with Newcastle after a family bereavement, will play after featuring for Argentina on Wednesday, giving United a vital extra body in attack.

There is also a chance that Owen Hargreaves and Ryan Giggs could be in contention after training this week, while Anderson will return this weekend from Brazil's Olympic team.

Ji-sung Park has also taken great strides in recent days, and has played a full part in training all week, but will the trip to Fratton Park will come too soon for him.

"Tevez is back," Sir Alex told his pre-match press conference. "He’s available. Hargreaves and Ji sung Park both trained with the first team this week, I’m delighted with that. Ji won’t be considered, Hargreaves we’ll assess on Sunday to see if he can play a part.

"Anderson will be back on Sunday, so that’s an extra body. Giggs has trained the last couple of days, plus all the players have come back from internationals fit, which is a bonus, so we’re ok in that respect."

The United manager also confirmed that Michael Carrick and Cristiano Ronaldo are on schedule for their own returns from injury - three weeks and three months respectively.

:D :D :D :D