Portsmouth vs Manchester United

I'm not very confident when we travel to Fratton Park.

It's a must win game imo, as we have Liverpool(A) and Chelsea(A) to follow. The last thing we want is to give our rivals a big point gap advantage so early in the season.

The next three league fixtures are a real test of our mettle.

5 points is the absolute minimum. You'd think Fratton Park would be the 'easiest' place to get the three points.

Not really confident at the moment, looking at the players we have out.

VDS

BROWN RIO VIDA EVRA

FLETCHER SCHOLES POSSEBON

CAMPBELL TEVEZ ROONEY​

2-0 I reckon Rooney and Vida

VDS

BROWN RIO VIDA EVRA

FLETCHER SCHOLES POSSEBON

CAMPBELL TEVEZ ROONEY​

2-0 I reckon Rooney and Vida

There is no way he would play that team. No width.

Giggs should be fine for this fixture. I've a sneaky feeling that with over a week of training, Park could find his way into the reckoning.

I'd be more comfortable with

Park-Scholes-Fletcher-Giggs
Tevez-Rooney

I think we will know about Park being fit if it were to happen. There wont be any surprise inclusions.

I think we will know about Park being fit if it were to happen. There wont be any surprise inclusions.

He has been in full training for a few days I think. He will have been training for a fortnight by the time the Pompey game comes around.

Granted, he won't be match sharp, but he is a really fit lad. Would be a good option in light of the fact we could be struggling for width.

Portsmouth fullbacks are their weakest points. Campbell doesn't like people running directly at him either. If we approach the game with slow build up play they'll be able to keep us clear.

We need pace upfront so i'd say Campbell needs to play, but we also need to put plenty of pressure on their fullbacks, which means we need skillful players getting at them and trying to beat their man. The problem is, Nani/Ronaldo are both out. We don't have Park and probably not Giggs. That leaves us very short.

If we play Fletcher on the right we won't have any width, therefore I have a feeling we'll see the Da Silvas join the game in the 2nd half and make an impact. We'll struggle early on and we won't make many chances until we really get positive and go for broke.

We have to get 3 points.

I know he is a full back but he will give us some natural width and pace.

My mistake. You simply put Silva so I thought you were suggesting we sign the Spanish winger we have been previously linked to.

I was unaware you were refering to DA Silva. I'm all for Rafael.

My mistake. You simply put Silva so I thought you were suggesting we sign the Spanish winger we have been previously linked to.

I was unaware you were refering to DA Silva. I'm all for Rafael.

Sorry I will refer to him as either Rafael or DA Silva. :o

VDS
Brown Rio Vidic Mickey
Silva Scholes Possebon Evra
Tevez Rooney

vds

neville ferdinand vidic silvestre

rafael scholes possebon evra

rooney tevez​

Id go for this and fletcher to come on late if we need to protect a slender lead. which is very possible.
Think nevs crossing and character are needed at the moment and hes ready, so he gets the nod over brown for me.

vds

neville ferdinand vidic silvestre

rafael scholes possebon evra

rooney tevez​

Id go for this and fletcher to come on late if we need to protect a slender lead. which is very possible.
Think nevs crossing and character are needed at the moment and hes ready, so he gets the nod over brown for me.

You think Rodrigo is better than Fletcher?

Didnt mean it i was being...cant think of the word.

Think possebon is more creative than fletcher great passer of the ball and has a great hit on him too. its early to know what hell develop like, but he offers something different to fletcher.

Possebon isn't overly creative, but what he does do is keepd the ball well and keeps it ticking over, so to speak.

------------------Van Der Sar

Brown-------Ferdinand---------Vidic----------Evra

-----------------------O'Shea

--------------Fletcher-----------Scholes

-----------Tevez--------------------Rooney

-----------------------Campbell

Subs - Kusczczak, Neville, Rafael, Evans, Gibson, Possebon, Cleverley

Apparently Park is back in training, so there is a chance he may make the bench, or even start depending on how the manager sees his fitness.

Oh dear.
I see it coming:
Imma have a HUGE wank when Nani is back from suspension, Anderson back from the olympics, HARGO "fit" and Ronaldo ready again...