POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ugh this is going to happen

It is going to be so embarrassing parking the bus at home and getting ashley young to try to dive to win us a peno.

We still won't win the league with pep at city anyway. We'll just be vile like when mourinho was at real and tried to cheat their way to beating barcelona every game. I loved MAdrid and he managed to break that

At leat he'll get the best out of fellaini

It is going to be so embarrassing parking the bus at home and getting ashley young to try to dive to win us a peno.

We still won't win the league with pep at city anyway. We'll just be vile like when mourinho was at real and tried to cheat their way to beating barcelona every game. I loved MAdrid and he managed to break that

So much bullshit in this post.

Awful post..well done

I'm not even gunna bother picking this apart.

People may not like it but we need a gun for hire to be honest. We tried 2 projects and didn't work plus we need someone to come in and get us back quickly before it's too late to where we were. If Guradiola is not available then this is our best bet

Giggs for the Chelsea match and Mourinho take over from the Swansea game.

Sad that it has come to that.

Giggs for the Chelsea match and Mourinho take over from the Swansea game.

Sad that it has come to that.
Like some have mentioned I think Giggs should go with Van Gaal as well. Part of 2 failed management systems, one as second in command. Guess he could be caretaker for Chelsea but then ideally gone after that to go earn his stripes somewhere.

Mourinho is much more of an attacking manager than he gets credit for. I saw a stat somewhere saying Mourinho in his last 2 seasons at Chelsea had more touches in the final third than Sir Alex had in his last 4 seasons or something like that.

Mourinho is much more of an attacking manager than he gets credit for. I saw a stat somewhere saying Mourinho in his last 2 seasons at Chelsea had more touches in the final third than Sir Alex had in his last 4 seasons or something like that.
Yep. The only matches most neutrals watch are the big ones, and those are the games where Mourinho, understandably, plays a more conservative brand of football.

It's just the way he sets up in big games.

Think it's also cause his best known and most watched matches are the big ones where more often that not he's playing against a better side.

I don't think we should go too far the other way, he's not going to bring scintillating football or anything. But if we are to assume he won't change his style from the past then we must assume that past results will also transfer. Which means, quite simply, winning.

Style doesn't bother me these days, just about anyones football will be better than LvG's when you think about it, the issue is simply a case of... would we be getting the real Mourinho, or would we be getting the man who didn't seem far away from a total breakdown the last few months.

Style doesn't bother me these days, just about anyones football will be better than LvG's when you think about it, the issue is simply a case of... would we be getting the real Mourinho, or would we be getting the man who didn't seem far away from a total breakdown the last few months.
Mouri or not Mouri, that is the question. No doubt his stock has fallen since Chelsea's catastrophic title defence. For me though he's banked enough credit for us to overlook that, I mean we mustn't forget it was him lifting that title not even a year ago. I think the whole Chelsea afair can be explained through poor summer recruitment, unmotivated players and a lack of hunger. So it depends on how much blame Jose must take for those factors.

Regarding their transfers they didn't really strengthen at all and that's a criminal mistake that has to be proven seemingly every season now and yet still no one takes notice. I don't know the ins and outs of Chelsea's system for decision making on transfers so I can't really comment on whether Mourinho is at fault or not, he seemed to be targeting the right players like Stones - long term replacment for Terry - but again dunno how much say he has or control.

The lack of hunger seems to manifest itself amongst all squads who reach the top, managers struggle to keep them motivated to stay there, one of Fergie's greatest strengths and probabaly the reason why only 1 other manager apart from him in Premeir League history has successfully retained the trophy (no prizes for guessing who that other manager is). This fault sort of feeds into the other, why Chelsea's players have looked a shadow of themselves, unmotivated and tired. Could probably blame Mou’s rotation policy and pushing them all the way last year but I want a manager who will push our players, who will ensure they reach their potential and win. Think it's also worth noting that Chelsea have a big problem in their dressing room with player power, it's toxic and Mourinho isn't the first to experience it.

All in all I wouldn't hold Chelsea's half season against him as I think he's too much of a serial winner for it to be anything more than an exaggerated blip. I may be wrong and I'm not saying he was blameless but in my eyes he's still one of the best managers around, and I'm talking top 2. Besides who knows, maybe the United job and him will be a match made in heaven.

If we don't get him in now (and get to top4), we could miss out on CL football for next season!
Then forget Pep or anyone else....

Get him in, give him some money to buy some attackers in January and watch us rise.

One concern is that with every further loss racked up before he's hired, Mourinho has more of a ready made excuse to underperform. As does, I guess, any new manager.

Jose would make no difference with this current squad.

Even if that's the case, wouldn't you have more faith in Mourinho than LvG during the transfer window? I know I would.

Even if that's the case, wouldn't you have more faith in Mourinho than LvG during the transfer window? I know I would.
He wants Giggs as our manager and cried for three nights in a row when Moyes was sacked.

but what about possession? that's the most important part. more so than goals. psych

If it can be definitively established that Guardiola has already decided for City, Mourinho has to be risked immediately.

If it can be definitively established that Guardiola has already decided for City, Mourinho has to be risked immediately.

Guardiola won't join us if we not in the champions league, which is likely. Deluded if people think he will.

Yeh the problem is we won't get an absolute answer from Pep right now which is incredibly frustrating, if we could that would be perfect but sadly I don't think we can afford to risk it.

If you want that enemy of United to actually manage us, you are a pitiful slave.. He's a mercenary with who puts himself before the club and who has always bought his way into success. If he was to come at United, everything Sir Alex preached and Gill co. helped to achieve, is diminished until someone with real dignity brings it back..

If you want that enemy of United to actually manage us, you are a pitiful slave.. He's a mercenary with who puts himself before the club and who has always bought his way into success. If he was to come at United, everything Sir Alex preached and Gill co. helped to achieve, is diminished until someone with real dignity brings it back..
:lol: Surely a wum.

He has never been our enemy, think about it he has never fallen out with United or done anything against the club.

He respects us very much.

:lol:

Oh wow. :lol:

I've gone from "no way Jose" to we are in such a desperate situation that we must appoint him, if we know we are unlikely to get Guardiola. Unfortunately, the indecisiveness of the Board in not sacking LVG after the Norwich defeat could well cost us a CL place for next season.

The parallels to the early 70's in the immediate post Busby era are frighteningly similar. And yes, I was around at that time.