POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine if he goes back to Real after all this chatter :lol: :nervous:
_74678861_mmftbplmnuhulgiggs.png

He's not going to Madrid. Quite a few players there who fell out with him.

Zidane is next in line for the job.

Assuming LVG goes Guardiola would seem the best option if he hasn't already agreed to go to City. Mourinho can win stuff but is a lose cannon. More imprortantly WTF has been going on at Chelsea - he seems to have been suffering some sort of breakdown? You would hope that the club would do their due diligence on this issue before anything happens.

I'd actually prefer to see Mourinho throughly burn his bridges at Real. If he's got no other big club left to go to, he'll know he's in last chance saloon and maybe cut the bullshit - under those circumstances I would be more willing to see Mourinho come in.

I don't want Mourinho here at present but if it was a choice between Moyes and Mourinho, it's no choice at all. Moyes is a clueless moron, he's fit for a mid-table team and no more. Big Sam would be exactly the same "Mr I'm good enough for England / a big club" - you're a hoof merchant, f-off. Mourinho doesn't top my list but he certainly isn't at the bottom!

It would be great if he would come. And i think he also wants to come.

I always thought for some reason that the United job was the one he craved post Madrid- His ego, the club's history, the relatively recent success of the Fergie era. I could easily see him arrive at OT, and imagine him thinking....''This job is meant for me, and I will rule the league and Europe with the greatest club in the land!''

I think he'd be in his element actually, and we'd stop seeing the ugly side of his character. If LVG was to leave I'd want him over Pep, because I think he'd want to stay longer and make his mark over the long term.

Seriously. Moyes over Mourinho. Lunacy.

No, no. We don't want one of the best and most decorated coaches in the modern game. A serial winner everywhere he has been. Nah. We'd prefer the hapless, trophyless, always-the-victim, midtable-fodder, training sessions in a public park, get it to the byline, "that's the level we aspire to be", David fecking Moyes. The same David fecking Moyes who mentally obliterated a title winning unit and reduced them to rubble, forced the club's captain out and into signing a pre-contract with another club midway through the year, and the majority of the squad desperate to get out thereafter. We witnessed it first hand, but we want it to happen again as an option preferable to bringing in a manager who has never failed to win major honours.

Have a word with yourselves.

Bravo sir. Excellent post.

I don't think mourinho is going back to madrid, just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think he's loved by the players, would the fans even be happy about it?

No, he has my permission to stay at Madrid as long as he wants.

You mean you don't want the circus back at Madrid while you have Messi, Neymar and Suarez to torment Mourinho's designs? :(

Just think of him losing his rag and blaming the referees, a culture of cheating at Barcelona, etc. Wouldn't it be hilarious?

You mean you don't want the circus back at Madrid while you have Messi, Neymar and Suarez to torment Mourinho's designs? :(

Just think of him losing his rag and blaming the referees, a culture of cheating at Barcelona, etc. Wouldn't it be hilarious?
That all sounds great, but Mourinho is a better manager than Benitez hence why I'd like Rafa to stay at Madrid. Btw, I believe Mourinho should replace van Gaal when the Dutchman is relieved of his duties.

I don't honestly think Pep/Mourinho/Ancelotti can come in and starts us firing from day 1.

There's too much bad blood / politics inside our camp at the moment, there's Rooney who wants to play where he wants to play and when he wants to play, there's Giggs clamoring for the old united ways with one eye for the job, there's pundits looking to stick their teeth in whenever any sorts of boring football is within sights, and god knows what's next.

We have a circus in our hand, the players complaining to LVG about the training is too harsh, the Assistant manager is undermining the manager, and I don't know what else is there in our dressing room.

We really need a strong dictator figure that can keep leash on those primadonnas before it goes further out of hand. We're far from promised land.

Leicester didn't have this issue because they have Ranieri, a manager with a CV they can respect (relative to their club). If you put Ranieri incharge of United he won't have the same effect because our players won't look at him like they look at SAF.

There's no guarantee new players will respect Giggs (if he's given the job), I'm not even sure the whole squad agrees with his attitude, and how his friends undermines the current manager and how his friendship with Rooney, and so many things we have no knowledge off. Off course none of us knows the exact feelings, but I really don't think it's simply due to the manager.

I don't want him here.
I understand the reasons for not wanting him - lack of youth, conduct and attacking football would be prime among them. I believe though that United need to get back to winning trophies ASAP. They're probably going to go 3 seasons winning nothing they can't let that extend any further than that. Get back to winning things, then worry about what it all looks like aesthetically speaking etc. Guardiola is ideal but if he goes to City, United could do worse than appointing Mourinho.

Prior to Mourinho's sacking the Poll was approximately 70% against Mourinho being our next manager. Amazing how another United defeat and the special one's current availability have swayed the polling over the last week.

Personally I'm not really sure how I would feel if LVG was booted with Mourinho succeeding him. I don't even fully know if I wan't LVG to be sacked or not! Ultimately I think the writing is on the wall for LVG now and, barring a miraculous turnaround in style and getting back to winning ways, I think his position at OT is becoming more untenable by the day. It's a shame really because his character suits our unique club but his football is utter utter garbage, which clearly doesn't suit our club. It doesn't seem that things are going to change under him and I can see us passing the ball sideways forever more whilst he remains at the helm.

Mourinho would bring a different approach no doubt. He'd have to be a raving lunatic to not bring a different approach when all and sundry can see the discontent aimed at LVG. I do worry that he would still be too negative for us but there is no doubt that the majority of us would be placated as long as we were winning things again and playing even slightly more attractive football. I think Mourinho's 'negative' approach has been made too much of at times. Yes, he can be negative and often is, but he has also shown attacking football alongside the resoluteness. Chelsea were fantastic in the first half of last season.

I don't really care too much about the fiery press conferences and disputes. I actually want a United manager to have a bit of the 'F+ck You' about him to be honest especially one who can wind the scousers up!.

The lack of youth talent promotion is my biggest worry. However despite plenty of our youngsters being given the chance over the last 5-10 years we've actually not brought many (if any) through that have maintained success. This includes the latter Fergie years, Moyes and LVG. Which players have actually made a real and lasting impression in the First Team set-up?? Jonny Evans and Welbeck probably achieved the most appearances but they're both players who have since left and who were often derided on this very forum.

Ultimately Mourinho would bring some excitement back to the club. At least he would be remonstrating on the touchline which would make us all happier! He has a proven track record with a few hiccups. Other than Pep who can really boast a flawless record anyway? He has massive PL experience and as many have said would almost guarantee a league title in the next couple of seasons. He also has CL winning pedigree of more recent times, rather than LVG's solitary success which is now over 20 seasons ago when football was a different game.

Mourinho could be a great manager of our club but just as equally if things went wrong, they would probably go very wrong.

Just has to be Mourinho. If we don't go for him now, we'll never get him.

Pep is unattainable.

LVG is cracking.

Giggs is experience-less

Carlo won't move for a while and is a 'ship steadier' - our ship is sinking!

Simple really.

Those who want LvG sacking so that they get exciting football AND trophies may have to wait a little bit longer. There are three proven managers who could bring it on. Shame one has signed the papers with Bayern for the 2016/17 season, second has his statue outside Old Trafford and won't be managing again and the third one is hidden somewhere in Bavaria dungeons and like Fergie, won't come back to the sidelines.

I wonder what are those who opted for 'I want excitement before winning' thinking now that we've been linked with Mourinho. Assuming they're not hypocrites and haven't already voted for Mourinho in this very thread.

Those who want LvG sacking so that they get exciting football AND trophies may have to wait a little bit longer. There are three proven managers who could bring it on. Shame one has signed the papers with Bayern for the 2016/17 season, second has his statue outside Old Trafford and won't be managing again and the third one is hidden somewhere in Bavaria dungeons and like Fergie, won't come back to the sidelines.

I wonder what are those who opted for 'I want excitement before winning' thinking now that we've been linked with Mourinho. Assuming they're not hypocrites and haven't already voted for Mourinho in this very thread.

Who is the one hidden in the dungeons of Bavaria?

As for wanting excitement before winning, I think what we are seeing right now is a simple case of needing to secure the clubs immediate future before worrying about anything else, I mean LvG, Mourinho and Giggs seem to be the 3 options and Mourinho is the only one that has any track record in the PL while none of them would guarantee us exiting football.

Who is the one hidden in the dungeons of Bavaria?

As for wanting excitement before winning, I think what we are seeing right now is a simple case of needing to secure the clubs immediate future before worrying about anything else, I mean LvG, Mourinho and Giggs seem to be the 3 options and Mourinho is the only one that has any track record in the PL while none of them would guarantee us exiting football.

Certain gentleman who somehow managed to make Pep look like a downgrade and who played the most exciting football (and won things) I've seen outside of Fergie's best sides, Jupp Heynckess.

I don't suggest Mourinho would be bad - because he'd be the best alternative if we do sack Van Gaal - but merely points out at the obvious hypocrisy and 'rationale' in here. I don't make myself to look better and lie that all I want is excitement because that's bollocks. Nobody likes losing. I'm of the opinion that trophies are the most important in football and henceforth, you can't argue Mourinho's delivered that.

Before that season, that is. Which, again, is funny logic. People want to get rid of Van Gaal because he lost the dressing room and the footie's boring. What do they propose? Replacing him with the guy who, despite being the leading icon of Chelsea and delivering PL title just last season, has fallen with his dressing room so badly that some of the players refused to play for him and are finding themselves near relegation zone. What's more, that's the manager that, according to the fans of his former clubs, has played 'good' football in 2.5 season since coming to England for the first time.

That's what irks me. Those seemingly rational, logical, sensible opinions that are nothing more than desperate calls caused by anger.

Just has to be Mourinho. If we don't go for him now, we'll never get him.

Pep is unattainable.

LVG is cracking.

Giggs is experience-less

Carlo won't move for a while and is a 'ship steadier' - our ship is sinking!

Simple really.

and Maurinho is the only one who can still get us the title This season. Without him, we are pretty much writing off this season. I doubt even 4th place is attainable.

Certain gentleman who somehow managed to make Pep look like a downgrade and who played the most exciting football (and won things) I've seen outside of Fergie's best sides, Jupp Heynckess.

I don't suggest Mourinho would be bad - because he'd be the best alternative if we do sack Van Gaal - but merely points out at the obvious hypocrisy and 'rationale' in here. I don't make myself to look better and lie that all I want is excitement because that's bollocks. Nobody likes losing. I'm of the opinion that trophies are the most important in football and henceforth, you can't argue Mourinho's delivered that.

Before that season, that is. Which, again, is funny logic. People want to get rid of Van Gaal because he lost the dressing room and the footie's boring. What do they propose? Replacing him with the guy who, despite being the leading icon of Chelsea and delivering PL title just last season, has fallen with his dressing room so badly that some of the players refused to play for him and are finding themselves near relegation zone. What's more, that's the manager that, according to the fans of his former clubs, has played 'good' football in 2.5 season since coming to England for the first time.

That's what irks me. Those seemingly rational, logical, sensible opinions that are nothing more than desperate calls caused by anger.

Ah Heynckess, wasn't that his only real spell in such a high light though? I also guessing you're a wingers and speed guy?

I think what you're seeing isn't so much hypocrisy it's people saying that if we can't have a manager that plays good football then we might as well have a winner, ideally though they'd take a manager who'd give us some attractive football and stayed in the top 4 mix before they took Jose, but there isn't anyone to fit that bill.

Mourinho's last last spell with Chelsea was not inspiring and is a cause for concern I agree, I guess the general hopes is that it would be an anomaly.

and Maurinho is the only one who can still get us the title This season. Without him, we are pretty much writing off this season. I doubt even 4th place is attainable.
I highly doubt that. Even a great manager like Mourinho needs a little time. It took him a season to get Chelsea from 3rd to 1st.

Ah Heynckess, wasn't that his only real spell in such a high light though? I also guessing you're a wingers and speed guy?

I think what you're seeing isn't so much hypocrisy it's people saying that if we can't have a manager that plays good football then we might as well have a winner, ideally though they'd take a manager who'd give us some attractive football and stayed in the top 4 mix before they took Jose, but there isn't anyone to fit that bill.

Mourinho's last last spell with Chelsea was not inspiring and is a cause for concern I agree, I guess the general hopes is that it would be an anomaly.
Heynckess was pretty decent at Madrid by all accounts, he won them UCL I believe in just one season he was there. He was mostly come and go from there on to Bayer. In germany he's found his feet again and did a great job. His third stint at Bayern was so good that I could watch them like excited which is alien to me for a non-United side.

Yes, I'm that wing-play, 4-4-2 guy that fought a losing battle on here when the performances under Fergie the 'dinosaur' (as he was called back then) decreased and everyone's dream was possession 'modern' football. I think it's only fair to assume we've we seen a bloody U-turn now.

You make some good points about fans' perception and it's good to know you can hear sense amidst all that is happening on here atm.

I highly doubt that. Even a great manager like Mourinho needs a little time. It took him a season to get Chelsea from 3rd to 1st.

We are less than half way through the season. Lecister are 9 ahead. They wont win the title.

City are only 3 ahead.

Arsenal are 7 ahead. But Arsenal are Arsenal.

We have a very good squad still and will buy in the window. Have every confidence he can get us the title.

Heynckess was pretty decent at Madrid by all accounts, he won them UCL I believe in just one season he was there. He was mostly come and go from there on to Bayer. In germany he's found his feet again and did a great job. His third stint at Bayern was so good that I could watch them like excited which is alien to me for a non-United side.

Yes, I'm that wing-play, 4-4-2 guy that fought a losing battle on here when the performances under Fergie the 'dinosaur' (as he was called back then) decreased and everyone's dream was possession 'modern' football. I think it's only fair to assume we've we seen a bloody U-turn now.

You make some good points about fans' perception and it's good to know you can hear sense amidst all that is happening on here atm.

I'd forgotten that he won the Champions League with Real, there was quite a gap between that and his Bayern success but not many have 2 of those pots in their resume.

I think most want pace back in the attack but would like a balance that offered us the kind of speed and goal threat you see at Barca, but also a midfield 3 to control the game, as opposed to chalk on the boots wingers.

Yeah, everyone is on edge and it all feels a bit uncertain as regards to the club right now, I think we are all concerned in different ways.