POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is the man I wanted to replace Ferguson but I'm not sure about now. Still, we would finish high and challenge for the cup if we got him in. With LVG we would have more borefests and be lucky to get top 4. He just needs to go.

As long as we've completely exhausted the Pep avenues, I would reluctantly accept Mourinho. I would really like Pep to come in and build on what we were working towards but at this point, we just need any top manager who can bring the league to OT.

Give Jose a deal until the end of 2016-17 with a view to renegotiating from there.

It might stop him acting up if he knows he'd be out of the club. He's already burnt his bridges with the like of Real, Barca and Chelsea so he's fast running out of clubs to go to.

Much rather have him than Simeone/Poch/Blanc etc. Sadly it sounds like Pep will go to City and his confirmation that he's leaving only convinces me more. In my eyes we have to go for Mourinho if that's the case.

Not sure how reliable but this Joao Silva guy is saying Mourinho is the new United manager.

CONFIRMED: Jose Mourinho is the new coach of Manchester United. 5-year contract. Official Tomorrow.

Not sure how reliable but this Joao Silva guy is saying Mourinho is the new United manager.

CONFIRMED: Jose Mourinho is the new coach of Manchester United. 5-year contract. Official Tomorrow.

Takes a 5 second look to realise it's a bullshit account.

Who the feck is joao silva and what is the reason for posting his tweet?
Apparently a journalist based in Porto. Take it with a pinch of salt after all it is twitter but I've seen plenty of people re tweeting it on my timeline so thought it was worth posting.

Mark Ogden is saying van Gaal is facing the sack if we lose to Stoke or Chelsea.

We're never giving another manager a 5 year contract :lol: 3 years max

Apparently a journalist based in Porto. Take it with a pinch of salt after all it is twitter but I've seen plenty of people re tweeting it on my timeline so thought it was worth posting.

Mark Ogden is saying van Gaal is facing the sack if we lose to Stoke or Chelsea.

What's the point?

When does LVG win away games? Woodward should be sacked if he lets this carry on any further.

Look at the rest of the account. Brand new and nothing else remotely journalistic posted. Not even particularly Portugal-based.

the only thing that pushes me toward a yes here, just been wondering if we struggle a little bit to attract the top top players because they prefer London and the rep of Mourinho might help with that

70 crosses > 70% possession mainly backwards and sideways > parking the bus and dirty underhand tactics

It will be a travesty seeing Pep's City come to OT with sprite and quality and our way of beating them is sticking 10 men behind the ball, conceding the ball and trying to get the refs on side.

Rather go for a Pochettino who will need patience but has a plan of incorporating youth, creating technically and tactically flexible players and a forward-thinking team.

Definitely, he's a brilliant manager, although there would have to be some concerns over the way this season has gone for him. The handling of the Carneiro situation was terrible, by all accounts it seems he wanted her demoted /gone long before that, so he probably engineered the situation to ensure there would be only one outcome but then completely misjudged the sort of reaction he'd get. The football's been poor, although I'd say there were some definite improvements over the last couple of games, even in the Leicester game on Monday they were unfortunate not to come back from that. However I think it's the sort of gamble we need to take at this stage, the options seem to be dwindling by the second and with Ancelotti now gone and Guardiola seemingly off to City that'll leaves us with Simeone/Mourinho as the top managers available (then less proven options such as Tuchel & Pochettino) and if as it seems Madrid get rid of Benitez, it could be that there's us, them and Chelsea all searching for managers over summer with very few available.

The criticisms of Mourinho's are ones that personally I could put up with. I don't see his football as negative, I don't think he'd have won as much if they were, he's just pragmatic, his record against the Top 7 over the time he's been in England is fantastic
8Hnpo8y.png
even if there are times where he's completely shut down the game just to win, in particular away to City in the 13/14 season and home to us last year.

Even arguments such as him leaving clubs in bad states aren't true. The initial Chelsea team he had kept that core of Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba for years and went on to win multiple trophies with them. The season he left Chelsea finished 2nd in the league and were one penalty away from winning the Champions League. At Inter, they seemed to fall apart, but how much of that was down to the follow up appointment of Benitez (being useless) or the team being poor is up for debate, especially when it was a side that 6 months prior to Benitez' dismissal had won the Treble. Then at Madrid, the season after he left they won the Copa del Rey and La Decima. He may not leave clubs in the best manner, but it's not like he leaves them absolutely fecked.

I suppose the big concern would be the lack of youth players that he brings through, although I think that's somewhat overstated especially when you look at the top teams today and look at how many players there managers have brought through. it also depends on whether you have the talents or not to do so. Madrid rarely bring young players through, they typically go elsewhere and flourish. There's too much pressure and not enough time available at the club to be nurturing young talents there. At Inter he consistently played Balotelli and Santon. Then his spells at Chelsea, first time round it seemed there wasn't a particularly great youth system in place, something they've changed over time so that now it is producing promising young players, this time around there can definitely be criticism for him not using more of the kids especially when everything was going tits up but in general it's not something that I would be too concerned about, although there will be others who feel completely different on the younger players.

With that being said, I don't think it'll be easy for him to take over mid-season (assuming LvG leaves and Mou's next in) and make drastic changes, especially when he may have little to no time in the transfer window to make changes he may want/need. I reckon the job will suit him perfectly though if he does indeed get it.

Been against Mourinho being appointed for a while but I read an article by Sam Wallace which was interesting. He said Mourinho craves a job where there is no background interference. It made me wonder that had he had our boardroom behind him at Chelsea, would he have been allowed to bin all the bad eggs in that dressing room that he wanted to? I reckon the answer would've been yes. I think he would love the idea of being all powerful like Fergie was, and I'm now actually quite intrigued to see how he would get on. Maybe he could last more than 3 seasons if he had total control over everything. It would certainly be fascinating to see.

i just hope if he does come here that he can cut out all his petty nonsense, and fairly pathetic (at times) digs at Wenger.

I hope he treats it as a fresh start at a club he could finally be happy at, he will have full control, no nagging owner/president in his ear, add huge resources to buy the players he wants, he'll love all that and hopefully it'll work.

But seeing is believing, and until he rocks up I find it hard to believe it will actually happen.

Been against Mourinho being appointed for a while but I read an article by Sam Wallace which was interesting. He said Mourinho craves a job where there is no background interference. It made me wonder that had he had our boardroom behind him at Chelsea, would he have been allowed to bin all the bad eggs in that dressing room that he wanted to? I reckon the answer would've been yes. I think he would love the idea of being all powerful like Fergie was, and I'm now actually quite intrigued to see how he would get on. Maybe he could last more than 3 seasons if he had total control over everything. It would certainly be fascinating to see.

That is true. Last time had no background interference I believe was at Inter(I am just speculating though). And he won a treble there.

He'd have full control over everything.

I just hope he'd stop the remarks at Wenger and such if he was manager.

Who are the youngest players to consistently receive first team football under Mourinho? If he were to take over here he'd have Shaw and Martial, both at 20/21, I feel as though this has never been the case in his career prior?

Who are the youngest players to consistently receive first team football under Mourinho? If he were to take over here he'd have Shaw and Martial, both at 20/21, I feel as though this has never been the case in his career prior?
Robben was 20. There will be others.

Funny enough he wanted to sign both at Chelsea.

Robben was 20. There will be others.
Ah yeah, I forgot Robben. Is there anybody else? I don't think there will be, but that's not what I was getting at anyway.

Players Mourinho wanted to sign in the summer:

Griezmann
Stones

Yes fecking please!