POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick2004

It would be great to have some passion on the sidelines! If we get Mourinho this week, it will be possible to win the EPL this year, we not too far from the top.

Halftrack

Don't want the cnut anywhere near the club. People were complaining about van Gaal suggesting that we hadn't seen the best of Schweini, I can't even imagine how they'll react when Mourinho singles out a player for some actual criticism.

The way I see it, pretty much every complaint people have about LvG could be applied to Jose as well. It's as if people don't actually give a shit about the manager being an arrogant cnut who sets his team up to play boring football, takes all the credit when things go right and refuses to take accept any blame when things go wrong. Mourinho won't give a toss about the precious "United-way" people have been hammering on about either.

I'm pretty close to giving up on van Gaal, having previously spoken in favor of letting him see out his contract, but I'd rather hang on to him than have Mourinho come in. I don't care how much he's won, he's a grade A cnut and a despicable human being. Van Gaal might be stubborn and arrogant, but he's got nothing on Mourinho when it comes to being a piece of shite.

In case you couldn't tell, I absolutely despise Jose Mourinho.

SirAF

Ageist
You know what? Mother feck it, I want Josè! He was, for many of us, the dream manager to follow Fergie since he won his first PL with Chelsea and back then it was impossible that he would manage us. Now is the chance.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I am getting proper excited with the thought of Mourinho as United manager. Make it happen Woody :drool:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I am getting proper excited with the thought of Mourinho as United manager. Make it happen Woody :drool:
I must admit, a month back the thought was almost repulsing, but now it's rather exciting:drool: Should have gotten him when Fergie left

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Addressing the cons that people are saying about Mourinho.

He fell out with the dressing room at Chelsea. Well, to put it bluntly; The dressing room at Chelsea is filled with arseholes. Fabregas and Costa aren't exactly known for being level headed.

He plays boring football. This is partially true. He plays boring against the big teams in games where he would rather shut out the opposition instead of taking risks. But there's a reason why he does and is in a position to do this, and that reason is because usually more often than not his team doesn't need the full points as much as the opponents because during the rest of the season he lets his team loose and they don't lose a lot of points in the smaller games (which we and most other teams do).

He's a cnut. So are most of us.

No, really, he's a massive cnut. Yeah, but he would be OUR massive cnut.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I must admit, a month back the thought was almost repulsing, but now it's rather exciting:drool: Should have gotten him when Fergie left
Yup. I have been his fan for long but his antics this season were repulsing. The way we are going though and how the manager merry-go-round is shaping up, we have to seize this chance or risk falling further behind. I am also putting my hopes in assumption that Mourinho would have learnt some lessons from this season, will be a wiser man thus and will be out to prove a point.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
He always wins the league. He'd win the league at least once at United.
So I can't see why not.

He's pretty much the biggest 'sure thing' for a Premier league club. One horrible season doesn't change that.
People need to get over longevity. United isn't a special club any more. The man who made the club unique over the last 20 years has gone. 3 years from a top manager is standard. The key is to plan managerial changes ahead of time.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There's a difference why Mourinho lost his job, and LvG is struggling.

LvG's football philosophy is outdated and too regimental. I personally think Mourinho lost his players for reasons beyond footballing matters. I don't think any footballer can argue with Jose's tactics due to his recent achievements.

SirAF

Ageist
Addressing the cons that people are saying about Mourinho.

He fell out with the dressing room at Chelsea. Well, to put it bluntly; The dressing room at Chelsea is filled with arseholes. Fabregas and Costa aren't exactly known for being level headed.

He plays boring football. This is partially true. He plays boring against the big teams in games where he would rather shut out the opposition instead of taking risks. But there's a reason why he does and is in a position to do this, and that reason is because usually more often than not his team doesn't need the full points as much as the opponents because during the rest of the season he lets his team loose and they don't lose a lot of points in the smaller games (which we and most other teams do).

He's a cnut. So are most of us.

No, really, he's a massive cnut. Yeah, but he would be OUR massive cnut.
Agree. The fact that he's a massive cnut would only make it better as long as he's producing the goods, which I'm confident he would here. People wouldn't just hate United anymore, they would REALLY fecking hate us :drool:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I've hated the last 18 Months so much I'd take Mourinho or Giggs in an instant. There's no guarantee for success, but surely it can't get any worse. The only reason I have reservations about Mourinho judging from his past behaviour is him not coming across as a great ambassador for the club. My dream of playing the game Sir Matt/Sir Alex's way is now a distant memory. Maybe, modern football has changed, and I need to move on and accept this as a fact.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I've hated the last 18 Months so much I'd take Mourinho or Giggs in an instant. There's no guarantee for success, but surely it can't get any worse. The only reason I have reservations about Mourinho judging from his past behaviour is him not coming across as a great ambassador for the club. My dream of playing the game Sir Matt/Sir Alex's way is now a distant memory. Maybe, modern football has changed, and I need to move on and accept this as a fact.
Great post, very dignified and introspective.

I too have reservations about Mourinho representing us at an ambassadorial level, but then, Sir Alex was never one to mince his words either.

...but do you really believe the SAF style of football is dead? In what sense did you mean this?

Personally I think Mourinho is wrong for us because most of us support United not for glory, but for the attractive attacking football we used to see every week under Fergie. We were the ultimate entertainers; never afraid, always played to score goals.

I fear Mourinho is another LVG. We might grind out results - win the league perhaps, but we'll all be bored to tears.

Minimalist

I know some have acknowledged it but do the others remember Ferguson had plenty of 'drama' about him just like Mourinho? Maybe he didn't poke anyone in the eye but he did near take Beckham's eye out. :lol:

Nevermind his countless whoppers in the post-match interviews. He could have killed the boy

Now is not the time to re-write history like Ferguson was an angel.

It's one of the main reasons Mourinho is compared to Ferguson.

Member 5225

I know some have acknowledged it but do the others remember Ferguson had plenty of 'drama' about him just like Mourinho? Maybe he didn't poke anyone in the eye but he did near take Beckham's eye out. :lol:

Nevermind his countless whoppers in the post-match interviews. He could have killed the boy

Now is not the time to re-write history like Ferguson was an angel.

It's one of the main reasons Mourinho is compared to Ferguson.
Yeah agree with this! I mean also, let's not forget Cantona (Kung-fu kick) and Keane (Vieira tunnel + Haaland), etc!
We were lapping it up!

ZDwyr

I voted yes.

If he didn't single players/staff out and throw them under the bus when things are going badly I'd be all for him. His style of football is exaggerated I think, so that doesn't bother me.

Cal?

CR7 fan
You know what? Mother feck it, I want Josè! He was, for many of us, the dream manager to follow Fergie since he won his first PL with Chelsea and back then it was impossible that he would manage us. Now is the chance.
Now is the time. We made an utterly ridiculous decision with Moyes 2.5 years ago, now it's the time to rectify it.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I do wonder how Chelsea fans would react if Mourinho sits on the bench for United against Chelsea in 8 days. @Gol123 @Spiersey @duffer ? Not sure if you have already answered that question a million times. If you did, sorry for asking again. Do you think it's possible to happen now or in the near future? Do you think Abramovich has forced a non-compete clause on Mourinho when he bought him out of the contract? Something like he's allowed to take a job outside of England but not in England for the next 18 months doesn't seem unreasonable depending on how much money Mourinho demanded as a pay-out. Is the contract termination even already finalised?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Castles has written a couple of pieces, it sounds like Jose is frothing for the job.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I do wonder how Chelsea fans would react if Mourinho sits on the bench for United against Chelsea in 8 days. @Gol123 @Spiersey @duffer ? Not sure if you have already answered that question a million times. If you did, sorry for asking again. Do you think it's possible to happen now or in the near future? Do you think Abramovich has forced a non-compete clause on Mourinho when he bought him out of the contract? Something like he's allowed to take a job outside of England but not in England for the next 18 months doesn't seem unreasonable depending on how much money Mourinho demanded as a pay-out. Is the contract termination even already finalised?
I'm no expert but if he was sacked, I can't imagine Mourinho would not be allowed to manage wherever he wants to. There's been enough speculation in the press about Jose to Man United and I don't think any of them have mentioned even the possibility that there's a "non-compete" issue.

As for my own personal view, while it would certainly be odd seeing Mourinho at Man United. There's no real reason to think "He's managed at Chelsea, he can't manage at Man United" though and he's gonna end up somewhere.

I don't think it will happen though, Van Gaal is going nowhere this season and Giggs is Man United's next manager.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wouldn't really bother me. At the end of the day he is a manager. Despite having a close relationship with the Chelsea fans I don't really associate him as being loyal to Chelsea, wouldn't feel like a betrayal or anything like that. The circumstances in which he left are pretty much ideal for going to United also. Fans didn't want him out, he didn't want to leave etc, would never have left Chelsea for United otherwise etc. I don't think any Chelsea fan should begrudge him going to another top club.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
This isn't being discussed enough. I have heard/read it in a couple places that this might prevent us, or anyone in England for that matter, from hiring Mourinho for a while.

Would love to get some clarity on it.

RoyoftheRavers

The bulk of the complaints directed at Van Gaal this season have been about the style of football. It wasn't long ago we went top of the league temporarily with a last minute winner against Watford, but it was barely mentioned because of the manner in which it was achieved. So you could say league position has almost become a secondary consideration amongst fans. If people think Mourinho will bring a return to the exciting brand of attacking Manchester United football they are very much mistaken - very little will change in terms of style. It's still a resounding no for me.

The board should be doing absolutely everything possible to entice Pep.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This isn't being discussed enough. I have heard/read it in a couple places that this might prevent us, or anyone in England for that matter, from hiring Mourinho for a while.

Would love to get some clarity on it.
If there was one, Mendes' mouthpiece would have mentioned it but he's been bigging up Mourinho to United in the Sunday papers.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The bulk of the complaints directed at Van Gaal this season have been about the style of football. It wasn't long ago we went top of the league temporarily with a last minute winner against Watford, but it was barely mentioned because of the manner in which it was achieved. So you could say league position has almost become a secondary consideration amongst fans. If people think Mourinho will bring a return to the exciting brand of attacking Manchester United football they are very much mistaken - very little will change in terms of style. It's still a resounding no for me.

I'm not sure. We were still shite in Europe and the amount of 0-0's were a joke. Jose's teams at least have had goals.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm no expert but if he was sacked, I can't imagine Mourinho would not be allowed to manage wherever he wants to. There's been enough speculation in the press about Jose to Man United and I don't think any of them have mentioned even the possibility that there's a "non-compete" issue.

As for my own personal view, while it would certainly be odd seeing Mourinho at Man United. There's no real reason to think "He's managed at Chelsea, he can't manage at Man United" though and he's gonna end up somewhere.

I don't think it will happen though, Van Gaal is going nowhere this season and Giggs is Man United's next manager.
Wouldn't really bother me. At the end of the day he is a manager. Despite having a close relationship with the Chelsea fans I don't really associate him as being loyal to Chelsea, wouldn't feel like a betrayal or anything like that. The circumstances in which he left are pretty much ideal for going to United also. Fans didn't want him out, he didn't want to leave etc, would never have left Chelsea for United otherwise etc. I don't think any Chelsea fan should begrudge him going to another top club.
Interesting to read, thanks.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Pep seems to lack a plan B. That's fine when you are in charge of the best team in the league by a country mile, but he'd quickly realise that his style of play won't work here. Not with our squad.

I look back on some of his decisions at Bayern in the latter stages of the CL, like when they got battered by Madrid and he couldn't stop them. He's a lot like Van Gaal, and he has already failed spectacularly.

RoyoftheRavers

I'm not sure. We were still shite in Europe and the amount of 0-0's were a joke. Jose's teams at least have had goals.
They've had goals yes and the results may pick up following his appointment (they can't get much worse). But it wouldn't take long for fans to become frustrated with the style.

RoyoftheRavers

Pep seems to lack a plan B. That's fine when you are in charge of the best team in the league by a country mile, but he'd quickly realise that his style of play won't work here. Not with our squad.

I look back on some of his decisions at Bayern in the latter stages of the CL, like when they got battered by Madrid and he couldn't stop them. He's a lot like Van Gaal, and he has already failed spectacularly.
He's won everything as a manager and nobody in charge is without flaws. Mourinho has failed more spectacularly than any top manager in the game this season.

I don't think Pep would struggle to match our squad to his style, especially with the funds he'd have available.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They've had goals yes and the results may pick up following his appointment (they can't get much worse). But it wouldn't take long for fans to become frustrated with the style.
I think it depends. I think if we were winning the frustration would only come in after a few years. I agree to some extent though. We need pep.