Gaming PlayStation 5

Is it worth upgrading to the PS5 pro? I play sports titles exclusively including FC/Fifa and the 2K series including car racing titles such as Grandturismo. I’ve heard there will be a considerable jump in visuals/graphics with the new console
There will not be a considerable jump in visuals. There wasn't even a considerable jump going from PS4 to PS5

FIFA has looked the same for years now I highly doubt there will be any noticeable difference in the pro version

40 hours into Metaphor and I'm really enjoying it. Still think AstroBot is my game of the year but this is a really good JRPG. The combat job system reminds me of FFV in a way.

Silent Hill 2 is a miserable, depressing, terrifying experience. It's great.

Every time the radio crackles I'm muttering "Feck sake" and on edge.

Just got the Astrobot platinum trophy. What an fantastic game, easily my GOTY so far. Though I spent an embarrassing amount of time on the very final bonus level

Also enjoying the new speed run levels - there is a whole series of achievements so there must be more coming soon

Just got the Astrobot platinum trophy. What an fantastic game, easily my GOTY so far. Though I spent an embarrassing amount of time on the very final bonus level

Also enjoying the new speed run levels - there is a whole series of achievements so there must be more coming soon

Are those speed run levels as annoying as those triangle/circle/square/X levels ? Those took me an absolute age to complete.

Are those speed run levels as annoying as those triangle/circle/square/X levels ? Those took me an absolute age to complete.
I loved them. They were frustrating but in a good way. Building the muscle memory to beat them was very satisfying.

Anyone know of other games that have that kind of quick/challenge run platforming.

How did y’all like Gran Turismo 7? Planning on picking that, Elden Ring and Wasteland 3. Still regarding the old Ps1 game as the best racer ever made but have fallen out of love with such games in general.

How did y’all like Gran Turismo 7? Planning on picking that, Elden Ring and Wasteland 3. Still regarding the old Ps1 game as the best racer ever made but have fallen out of love with such games in general.

You wont find a better current racing game on console.

I played it until one of the first updates where they completely changed the credit earnings, where you then had to grind the same races for hour after hour after hour in order to buy the fun cars….Unless you wanted to spend some real life money on buying credits, ofcourse…No idea what they’ve done with the game since then, i just completely lost all interest.

You wont find a better current racing game on console.
Lovely. I hope it rekindles some of that love for driving games we all had growing up.
I played it until one of the first updates where they completely changed the credit earnings, where you then had to grind the same races for hour after hour after hour in order to buy the fun cars….Unless you wanted to spend some real life money on buying credits, ofcourse…No idea what they’ve done with the game since then, i just completely lost all interest.
I don’t like grinding but hopefully it hooks. No chance I’m spending actually money.

Lovely. I hope it rekindles some of that love for driving games we all had growing up.

I don’t like grinding but hopefully it hooks. No chance I’m spending actually money.

For me it just became a bit meaningless, spend hours grinding the exact same races in order to maximize credit earning in order to buy a new car.

I would’ve preferred different modes where i could race around in any car i wanted, just for a bit of fun, and then a career mode / multiplayer mode that depended on building up your own garage with cars and equipment.

I just don’t think it’s all that suitable for racing games.

I tried going for a refund, but no luck as i had already started playing the game.

The worst thing about gt7 is the same as them since gt4?

You've got unreal cars stupid quick..used to like having a banger, grind a bit to upgrade or buy nicer car and repeat.

Now it just gifts you all the best stuff, upgrades are pretty pointless as you just buy a full new car instead

The worst thing about gt7 is the same as them since gt4?

You've got unreal cars stupid quick..used to like having a banger, grind a bit to upgrade or buy nicer car and repeat.

Now it just gifts you all the best stuff, upgrades are pretty pointless as you just buy a full new car instead
Your and @NotChatGPT ‘s views on progresion are polar opposites.

Your and @NotChatGPT ‘s views on progresion are polar opposites.

It's more of a grind than Forza, but less of a grind than old GT's.

You've basically got supercars an hour into the game, the originals you barely got new wheels for your used van thing by that point.

It's definitely a great game, but it's catering for the "CBA to play, just want the best shit as quick as possible" crowd