Gaming PlayStation 5

Been invading people's games on SE5, you either get absolute pros, or absolute noobs, no in between. Good laugh though
Yeah it's the same on PC.

No matter how good you are, there's always someone who can thread a bullet through to smallest gap to your head :lol:

fecking with noobs by shooting bullets right past their heads and watching them scramble around never gets old!

Yeah it's the same on PC.

No matter how good you are, there's always someone who can thread a bullet through to smallest gap to your head :lol:

fecking with noobs by shooting bullets right past their heads and watching them scramble around never gets old!

The tactical side is great, if you're the invader it's trying to outsmart the good guy and take a mad route and pop up behind them.

If you're the good guy, it's trying to not leave a trail of bodies to give away your location.

I feel some levels are much better suited, war factory isn't great for it, due to the wall sense thing for the good guy.

Also going up against a coop team is great :lol: I swear there is hours of fun still in this game, even SP but starting from a different start location changes things up.

I'm actually downloading it again as I watched a couple vids after viewing this thread last night and it gave me the itch again.
Playing the DLC as of yesterday, it looks so good.... wonder what comes next for that studio

Tonight I'm starting Star Wars outlaws, only my first real PS5 game after having the console for over a year (previous games I've played are GoW (2018) and CoD Vanquard, which are also available on PS4). Really looking forward to it, despite the lukewarm critical reception it got. Don't really mind the repetitive stealth gameplay, or bugs, but hoping to be fully immersed in the SW universe.

Tonight I'm starting Star Wars outlaws, only my first real PS5 game after having the console for over a year (previous games I've played are GoW (2018) and CoD Vanquard, which are also available on PS4). Really looking forward to it, despite the lukewarm critical reception it got. Don't really mind the repetitive stealth gameplay, or bugs, but hoping to be fully immersed in the SW universe.

I'm just waiting for it to be £15 or free on PSN somewhere, definitely looks a decent game imo.

Might have to give Metaphor: ReFantazio a go, getting amazing reviews.
If you like Persona i'd give it a go as it's very much the same thing, just with a more political take and a different environment.

I'm about 14 hours in, which is probably 2% completion as far as Atlus games go, and i'm having fun with it. I don't think it's quite worth a 90+ on Metacritic but the battle system is fun.

I'm just waiting for it to be £15 or free on PSN somewhere, definitely looks a decent game imo.
Same. Its kind of noteworthy how badly its sold though. Seems basically everyone thought the same.
I heard 'stealth mechanics' and immediately went to buy in a year if it gets good reviews. Maybe an element of franchise burn out with star wars too?

If you like Persona i'd give it a go as it's very much the same thing, just with a more political take and a different environment.

I'm about 14 hours in, which is probably 2% completion as far as Atlus games go, and i'm having fun with it. I don't think it's quite worth a 90+ on Metacritic but the battle system is fun.
Never played Persona but I've been playing this and really enjoying it!

I know that most of us felt TLOU P1 was unnecessary at the time but I’m glad they did it - albiet it needed a decent upgrade path but thankfully they gave it on PS Plus. The visuals, dual sense support and improved gameplay (not quite the apex P2 levels but get closer to that) makes replaying it a fantastic experience.
I appreciate it just for not having the multiplayer component - just like I appreciate the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for not having the multiplayer side. Makes me much more likely to play.

So I started TLOU P1 (replay), and felt so janky and sluggish, takes forever to get going.

Started Horizon FW and it's so much smoother and the tutorial part doesn't suck.

I know the 2 games originally released years apart, so it's understandable, just games that start as slow as TLOU are always going to be hard to replay.

Apparently a multiplayer horizon game. Hopefully they’re working the third one too.
Dunno how I feel about this, do people want a multiplayer Horizon?. Could be amazing, look at Helldivers I suppose....

The horizon games would be epic if you could coop them
What do I know, it's probably going to be huge isn't it?

Dunno how I feel about this, do people want a multiplayer Horizon?. Could be amazing, look at Helldivers I suppose....

What do I know, it's probably going to be huge isn't it?

I think the multiplayer thing they're working on sounds meh tbh, supposed to be cartoony type graphics and some MMO thing.

I'd prefer the SP type, but with the companions as human players if that makes sense

Dave The Diver is good fun. It could easily just rest on its laurels and become a kind of grindy gameplay loop but I’m many hours in and it’s still adding new elements and mechanics as I go.

That was never an issue for me as I overused the square button. In the words of Limp Bizkit - keep rollin.
Yeah, everyone who played it did. It didn't make for a fun gameplay loop. But then you like limp bizkit so clearly have no taste whatsoever.
Started out ok i guess and it still looks pretty. But the killzone games looked pretty and were terrible to play too so its probably not surprising.

Guys, Metaphor is brilliant. I've never played any previous games from this developer but completely understand the great reviews now.

Yeah, everyone who played it did. It didn't make for a fun gameplay loop. But then you like limp bizkit so clearly have no taste whatsoever.
Started out ok i guess and it still looks pretty. But the killzone games looked pretty and were terrible to play too so its probably not surprising.
Fair enough. I've heard similar complaints about the combat in Witcher 3 - once you have sussed an effective way of defending yourself, it can become repetitive. They're both some of my favourite games though so I guess that didn't bother me.

And do not besmirch the good name of Limp Bizkit. Clearly they're far too sophisticated for a philistine such as yourself.

Fair enough. I've heard similar complaints about the combat in Witcher 3 - once you have sussed an effective way of defending yourself, it can become repetitive. They're both some of my favourite games though so I guess that didn't bother me.

And do not besmirch the good name of Limp Bizkit. Clearly they're far too sophisticated for a philistine such as yourself.
Wasn't a big of witcher 3 combat either but it didn't frustrate and annoy me anywhere near as much. It was unremarkable. There was a lot of other good elements in that game. I think the only thing i really liked from the first horizon game was fighting dinosaurs. It just felt like they'd really screwed up the balance of it.

Guys, Metaphor is brilliant. I've never played any previous games from this developer but completely understand the great reviews now.
You should. Im not far in but it’s basically a Persona game in a fantasy setting. If you’re enjoying it you should absolutely play Persons 5 Royal too, although maybe with a break in between as it’s also a massive game with a similar gameplay loop.

You should. Im not far in but it’s basically a Persona game in a fantasy setting. If you’re enjoying it you should absolutely play Persons 5 Royal too, although maybe with a break in between as it’s also a massive game with a similar gameplay loop.
Yep, can definitely see myself playing Persona at some stage. I get the hype. I think Metaphor will be a great entry point for these games for a lot of people, including myself.

Yep, can definitely see myself playing Persona at some stage. I get the hype. I think Metaphor will be a great entry point for these games for a lot of people, including myself.
A fantasy setting is probably an easier sell than a japanese high school (?)

I just hope it’s much shorter than Persona 5 which was good fun but didn’t warrant the 70-100 hour playtime.

Last edited:
I saw it being mentioned a few times on the 'overrated games' thread and was taken aback. It looks amazing and what's not fun about fighting robot dinosaurs?!
I’d say it has one of the stronger combat systems among the open world action RPGs.

Question - I’m usually quite stingy when it comes to buying games. I rely mostly on PS plus with the odd purchase from the relatively tight budget I’ve kept for buying games. For my birthday I was thinking of buying something to bolster my library but ideally they should be a game or two that would not normally come to PS Plus.

I was thinking Spidey 2 (still absurdly expensive) as they’ve probably learned from the Horizon FW experience. Another one could be Elden Ring as FS never seem to drop their prices or give their games away easily since they got proper mainstream. Another option is GT7 as again it’s a niche title which I wouldn’t expect to hit these platforms. Note that I am usually 2 years behind the gaming cycle so currently in 2022.

Making a conscious effort to try and pull myself off Fifa recently and play some other stuff. I’ve downloaded afew highly rated games with the plan to try get through some. The ones I’ve started on are Dredge and TLOU P1.

I’ve tried to play TLOU about 5 times historically and always quit a quarter of the way in. The remake is seriously good though, it’s really brought it inline with modern titles which is helping me to stick to it. As the game is opening up I’m enjoying it much more so I’m hopeful this could be the time o finish it!

Dredge is not usually the kind of thing I’d play but I’m loving it so far. It’s got that kind of grind in it that always seems to pull me in. Going out and taking a big haul to come back and sell is satisfying. Weirdly it kind of reminds me of the old Pokemon games of going out and grinding levels. Anyway I think I’ve now nearly completely upgraded my boat which really helps as the game expands. Still reckon I’ve got a lot of game left, there’s still 3 islands to explore I haven’t made it too yet. Fun game.

I’ve heard great things. I loved Persona so this should be right up my street.

Is it worth upgrading to the PS5 pro? I play sports titles exclusively including FC/Fifa and the 2K series including car racing titles such as Grandturismo. I’ve heard there will be a considerable jump in visuals/graphics with the new console

Is it worth upgrading to the PS5 pro? I play sports titles exclusively including FC/Fifa and the 2K series including car racing titles such as Grandturismo. I’ve heard there will be a considerable jump in visuals/graphics with the new console
No.

If money isnt an issue.