Gaming PlayStation 5

Never played Crisis Core when it was first out but platinumed Crisis Core Reunion today. Enjoyable game. Some bosses are a bit of a pain but once you get the right materia setup even the hardest boss isn't much bother.

Anyone pre order the Pro today or lucky enough to get the anniversary edition?

I only managed to get the regular Pro but I did get the anniversary PS portal. Looking forward to playing Dave the Diver on them
Nice. If I didn't already have a Portal, I'd go for the anniversary one too. Looks good.

Does anyone have the portal - is it any good? Could I play something like Fifa online on it without noticable delay?
Really depends on your connection. I don't have Fifa but play 4 player dungeons on Elder Scrolls Online solely through Portal and have no issues.

Never played Crisis Core when it was first out but platinumed Crisis Core Reunion today. Enjoyable game. Some bosses are a bit of a pain but once you get the right materia setup even the hardest boss isn't much bother.

Nice. If I didn't already have a Portal, I'd go for the anniversary one too. Looks good.

Really depends on your connection. I don't have Fifa but play 4 player dungeons on Elder Scrolls Online solely through Portal and have no issues.
I recently completed Crisis Core for the first time as well and enjoyed it. I didn’t go for the platinum as I missed a couple of early trophies

Decent platinum, just a massive grind!

Mario Wonder - Had fun with this. There’s probably limits as to how much I can enjoy a 2D side scroller and I thought the wonder seed bits while very good weren’t as special as the reviews made them out to be. Still, it was a nice change to play something simple and focused purely on a good time. 8.5/10

Inscyption -
i actually lost interest in inscription during the second act and I’d rate it even higher if that wasn’t such a life sapping drop down. But the rest of it was just fantastic. I’ve never really gotten into card games but Act 1 and 3 just absolutely nail the loop. The atmosphere, the card game itself, animation style and sound design - some of the best in this regard - were all superb. The story is confusing but interesting enough that I’ve been thinking about it and reading up on it since.

8.8/10

Mario Wonder - Had fun with this. There’s probably limits as to how much I can enjoy a 2D side scroller and I thought the wonder seed bits while very good weren’t as special as the reviews made them out to be. Still, it was a nice change to play something simple and focused purely on a good time. 8.5/10

joe-biden-presidential-debate.gif

I recently completed Crisis Core for the first time as well and enjoyed it. I didn’t go for the platinum as I missed a couple of early trophies
Yeah some of the missable trophies are pretty daft. I was fortunate that the missable guide on PSNProfiles was pretty comprehensive.

Decent platinum, just a massive grind!
True, but could have been a lot worse.

No mention of the new update which has left PlayStation 5 owners reporting emotions ranging from mildly miffed to deep-seated annoyance following Sony's decision to plaster the console's homescreen with ugly artwork and often irrelevant promotional news stories?

No mention of the new update which has left PlayStation 5 owners reporting emotions ranging from mildly miffed to deep-seated annoyance following Sony's decision to plaster the console's homescreen with ugly artwork and often irrelevant promotional news stories?

Might be because we don't have the home screen update in the UK yet. That is awful.

It really is too much for Sony to give me my Tifa theme back that I can use on my PS4!

It was simply showing the last Official News post for the game (which have always been there if you scroll down a little). It's not new, developers already had that option in case they wanted to show the latest update, but it seems like it was now also pulling up posts where it was not intentional. It's already been fixed.

Glad you found the time to mention this essential bit of news though.

Anyone pre order the Pro today or lucky enough to get the anniversary edition?

I only managed to get the regular Pro but I did get the anniversary PS portal. Looking forward to playing Dave the Diver on them
Somehow managed to get a 30th anniversary Pro.
Full confession, I managed to get 2 and have already sold the extra one. Dipped my toes as a scalper for the first time ever and I feel dirty. Richer, but dirty.

Full confession, I managed to get 2 and have already sold the extra one. Dipped my toes as a scalper for the first time ever and I feel dirty. Richer, but dirty.
Deserves a thread ban tbh

They really managed to draw that confession out of you!

Sounds more like a boast to be honest.

That sucks. I have been playing Horizon and the homescreen has changed to an ad for the new Horizon Lego Game.

They’ve confirmed it’s a bug.

Saw Nier Automata on sale so finally picked that up. Weird game, very unusual combat on an otherwise by-the-numbers JRPG base so far. Fun though.

How's it run and look on the Ps5 ?
Frame rate is great in general gameplay, 60fps or thereabouts, though it’s at 30fps in cut scenes. The level of detail in the environments is distinctly last gen but overall it’s ok looking.

Frame rate is great in general gameplay, 60fps or thereabouts, though it’s at 30fps in cut scenes. The level of detail in the environments is distinctly last gen but overall it’s ok looking.
Thanks. May check it out.

Saw Nier Automata on sale so finally picked that up. Weird game, very unusual combat on an otherwise by-the-numbers JRPG base so far. Fun though.

I hear you. I'll always remember playing it for 5-6 hours on release and thinking it kinda sucked before picking it up again a year later and realising it's fecking amazing,

Hang in there and you'll be rewarded

10hrs in and it’s not exactly blowing me away yet. Also it’s incredibly easy. Not sure if I should put it on hard.

10hrs in and it’s not exactly blowing me away yet. Also it’s incredibly easy. Not sure if I should put it on hard.
It's not exactly a hard game, no, despite having a combat system that should hold up under a challenge.

It's been a while, I think I wasn't hugely impressed initially either, but at some point the desolate atmosphere, soundtrack and weird storytelling started to grab me and by the end I had really fallen in love with it. It's worth sticking with a bit longer.

Are you playing on medium? As that tends to be piss easy in most games. Hard is the way to go. It’s not meant to be a souleslike or anything.