Gaming PlayStation 5

So not a direct sequel plot-wise to Ghost of Tsushima, but along on the same lines? I'm cool with that. Surprised they decided not to go with the Mongol's second invasion.

Ghost 2!

Also dead space and WWE on plus this month is sweet!

TLOU P1 coming to extra is cool too.

Outside of that meh.

Very uninterested in Ghost now. Jin Sakai should be the focus. There's still a story to tell with him. Hes a brilliant character and itll be impossible to do better than him. And of course they replace him with a female character :lol:. For there sake, I really hope they write her well. Sucker Punch will surprise me for sure. Like always. Hope its even anywhere close to Blue Eye Samurai.

Last edited:
They did what they had to do and had one major first party announcement, so no complaints there. Outside of that, I thought it wasn't a bad show. Not great, but not bad.

All in all better than I expected.

Probably the kind of show thats made for me. I loved them Legacy of Kain games and Monster Hunter. But Monster Hunter doesn't really change much from game to game. Played the Legacy of Kain games recently and enjoyed them, dont think a graphics update will improve or change it much though. Be nice if they put some of the cut content back in.
So i still feel a bit meh towards the show really. I'm probably being over demanding, there's a lot of good stuff in there. Its probably just the raft of remakes making me grumpy.
Ghosts of Yokei looks neat to be fair, last one was very pretty too.

Stoked for Ghost. First one was so good. Also good to get TLOU Part 1 on Ps Plus - the service needed a shot in the arm. Horizon remastered looks better than expected didn’t think it would reach close to FW level graphics but ultimately still another remaster too many.

Hell is Us, ArcheAge (scratch that, it’s an MMO) and Midnight Walk looked interesting.

Very uninterested in Ghost now. Jin Sakai should be the focus. There's still a story to tell with him. Hes a brilliant character and itll be impossible to do better than him. And of course they replace him with a female character :lol:. For there sake, I really hope they write her well. Sucker Punch will surprise me for sure. Like always. Hope it’s even anywhere close to Blue Eye Samurai.
Jin was well voice acted and I like the character but he’s hardly an iconic irreplaceable one. He’s no Geralt, Drake, Kratos etc who can carry game after game. Ideally the sequel should have a someone a bit more expressive than Jin.

It’s sad that people get triggered as soon as they see a female character in games.

Last edited:
My favourite moment form this state of play was actually the Stellar Blade Nier Automata crossover when 2B and Automata’s music pops in. What a game - if there was one recent game that I’d want a remaster of its Nier Automata. One of the greats.

Hell is Us, ArcheAge and Midnight Walk looked interesting.

Jin was well voice acted and I like the character but he’s hardly an iconic irreplaceable character. He’s no Gerald, Drake, Kratos etc who can carry game after game. Ideally the sequel should have a someone a bit more expressive than Jin.

It’s sad that people get triggered as soon as they see a female character in games.
I would say it's incredibly pathetic.

Very uninterested in Ghost now. Jin Sakai should be the focus. There's still a story to tell with him. Hes a brilliant character and itll be impossible to do better than him. And of course they replace him with a female character :lol:. For there sake, I really hope they write her well. Sucker Punch will surprise me for sure. Like always. Hope its even anywhere close to Blue Eye Samurai.
What’s wrong with a female?

He was boring.

There’s nothing quite like a man

Just glad she doesn’t muscles otherwise I’d be real mad
We used to have female characters and no one cared did they? Or am I being idealistic. I’m thinking Lara Croft, but maybe because she was sexualised so it was perceived as okay?

We used to have female characters and no one cared did they? Or am I being idealistic. I’m thinking Lara Croft, but maybe because she was sexualised so it was perceived as okay?
Games are progressing with society as they should but people with archaic values / brainwashed by RW propaganda typically create the outrage (even when it isn’t merited)

I thought we were past the stage where gamers used to known as a bunch of male nerds who've never touched a woman before, but somehow we've managed to regress to an even worse state. Now there's instant outrage the moment a female video game protagonist is revealed. Unless she looks and dresses like a super model, then it's ok.

We can only hope it's a vocal minority but they seem to be everywhere, and it's always the same shit about DEI or whatever. Anyway, I blame Trump.

He’s not Kratos FFS. His arc is over
It doesn't feel like it was over though. There's still plenty to say afterwards. What's the consequences of Sparing/Killing his uncle. And also there's a second invasion of the Mongols. I'm not mad they went to a different character, just that there is still much to know what happened afterwards. He didn't feel like the finished article yet.

Games are progressing with society as they should but people with archaic values / brainwashed by RW propaganda typically create the outrage (even when it isn’t merited)
There's sometimes value in what those people say, but they've found the wrong problem. They look at games directed by finance teams and are completely soulless, but think the issue is the game character rather than the lack off creativity. Something like ghost of yotei will hopefully sway some of them.

Anyone pre order the Pro today or lucky enough to get the anniversary edition?

I only managed to get the regular Pro but I did get the anniversary PS portal. Looking forward to playing Dave the Diver on them

I only managed to get the regular Pro but I did get the anniversary PS portal. Looking forward to playing Dave the Diver on them

Nah , pro isn't enough of an upgrade to make me buy it. The anniversary stuff looks nice but feck paying that for what's basically a paint job.

It doesn't feel like it was over though. There's still plenty to say afterwards. What's the consequences of Sparing/Killing his uncle. And also there's a second invasion of the Mongols. I'm not mad they went to a different character, just that there is still much to know what happened afterwards. He didn't feel like the finished article yet.
Meh, I’ve played the base game twice and Iki Island once. He’s a good character but I don’t need more Jin. I wouldn’t actively be against it but a new character is much more interesting imo.

Meh, I’ve played the base game twice and Iki Island once. He’s a good character but I don’t need more Jin. I wouldn’t actively be against it but a new character is much more interesting imo.
I’m gonna miss that ass

Jin was rather boring, the uncle and the main Mongol baddie were much more interesting characters in that game.

As for the Pro, I'm trying to resist the FOMO seeing friends' pre-order confirmations. The marginal return just doesn't seem worth it. As it is my PS5 has been more of a "play older and current games at 1440p/60fps" machine than anything else, and the Pro basically sounds like a "play older and current games at 2160p/60fps". Think I'd rather spend $2000 on a high end PC than $1000 on a PS5 Pro atm.

Does anyone have the portal - is it any good? Could I play something like Fifa online on it without noticable delay?

Yep. I'll have my first new PlayStation since the PS2 on November 7th. Picked up an anniversary controller too. And a disc drive. Now I have no money.