Gaming PlayStation 5

I've actually been keeping track of and ranking all the metroidvanias I've ever played, with the idea of maybe starting a metroidvania thread or something. Never going to happen. :lol:

How was Grime? It's one I've been considering, but after seeing a dev of that game shitting on Aeterna Noctis on reddit, I'm reluctant to spend money on it. Really don't like seeing indie devs publicly criticising eachother's work.

The next one on my list is probably going to be F.I.S.T., always liked the look of it.
You should definitely start a Metroidvania thread.

I really enjoyed Grime, slow to get going but it’s got some great boss fights and it is difficult in places but never feels unfair. Not without its flaws and the mechanics can be a bit garbage at times but overall good fun, I think it’s free on PS Plus atm?

Yeah same! Love the Ori games. Dead Cells is lots of fun too. The PoP Metroid is great as you say, mentioned it on here a few times.

Assume you’ve played Hollow Knight? It’s the best one of all.

Hades is also a must.
Yeah Hollow Knight is my GOAT. Tempted to go back and attempt the platinum.

Hades was great too. I need more.

I’m hooked on Metroidvanias at the minute. Currently gone through;

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

And currently playing Prince of Persia which I am enjoying. Surprisingly good for a Ubisoft game.
Only player Will of the Wisps out of that and it was very good. Blasphemous was another one I tried recently but I found it a bit too dull.

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

And currently playing Prince of Persia which I am enjoying. Surprisingly good for a Ubisoft game.

Don't miss out on Nine Sols!

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest

Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

Some cracking PlayStation games here lad :smirk:

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

Snap. Im currently going through the Metroid games

Played Zero Mission on Switch online and Samus Returns on 3DS. Gonna be starting Fusion soon but doing a new playthrough first on Super Metroid. Such brilliant games

Ive played both Ori games and Dead Cells from your list and I have Ender Lillies downloaded

Have you tried Blasphemous, Animal Well and Axiom Verge?

Snap. Im currently going through the Metroid games

Played Zero Mission on Switch online and Samus Returns on 3DS. Gonna be starting Fusion soon but doing a new playthrough first on Super Metroid. Such brilliant games

Ive played both Ori games and Dead Cells from your list and I have Ender Lillies downloaded

Have you tried Blasphemous, Animal Well and Axiom Verge?
Axiom Verge is such a brilliant one - until you reach its final stages and have to backtrack over each pixel, but I'll forgive it that. One of the few video game soundtracks I regularly listen to outside of gaming as well. I really didn't like the second game though.

Yeah that’s exactly it. It’s not for everyone, and it can be tough going at the start, but it looks incredible, has great combat, memorable bosses and has a cool story.

Have you played Baldurs Gate 3? It’s a must. Plenty on here have played it on ps5 I think.

Some other ones I’d recommend if you can pick them up for under €40 would be Spiderman 2, or Jedi Survivor.

I think Cyberpunk is meant to work well on ps5 now and the Phantom Liberty DLC is great.

To add to the Jedi survivor, it’s available on EA pass now. EA are shit and I’m not a fan of most of their games, but it’s £5.99 a month and can be cancelled anytime. So Jedi Survivor for £6 if you’re not going to go back and play it over and over, is a good deal.

Just had a quick play of the Quidditch game. A bit shit.
That saves me downloading Hogwarts Legacy. To be fair if it was any good they'd surely have marketed the hell out of it.

On a tangent, when I first heard of real adults playing quidditch it was my first year at uni. The 'snitch' got on a bus to Newcastle and was never heard from again.

Axiom Verge is such a brilliant one - until you reach its final stages and have to backtrack over each pixel, but I'll forgive it that. One of the few video game soundtracks I regularly listen to outside of gaming as well. I really didn't like the second game though.
yep part 2 was not a good game at all. No idea why they changed up a great formula

Don't sleep on MLB The Show 24, I mean I am a fan of the sport so maybe it's just me but it's "Ultimate Team" mode is actually fairly balanced and easy to get into, good fun as part of your sub.

Don't sleep on MLB The Show 24, I mean I am a fan of the sport so maybe it's just me but it's "Ultimate Team" mode is actually fairly balanced and easy to get into, good fun as part of your sub.
Given how unhappy football is making me I might take you up on that

I for one am shocked that another cartoony mmo shooter failed.

What a spectacular failure.

I can't think of a bigger failure in the history of gaming, considering the resources put into it and the fact it's a first party Sony title.

There should be a lot of crisis meetings and a review of their overall strategy going on at Playstation Studios right now. This will have major ramifications for the future of their first party software, hopefully in the right direction.

Almost everybody knew that game would be DOA. Insane that they're taking it offline, though. After only 2 weeks, that's unprecedented.

Jim Ryan's live service push has really failed.

Almost everybody knew that game would be DOA. Insane that they're taking it offline, though. After only 2 weeks, that's unprecedented.

Jim Ryan's live service push has really failed.
Helldivers 2 was a massive success to be fair. This was a shocker, though.

It had 50 players online a couple of days ago. It didn't just fail, it was a catastrophic, colossal failure.

Needed to be free to play. I actually thought it was semi decent and had potential just not different enough in such a competitive scene. People aren't easily pulled away from cod, siege, overwatch etc.

Even free I think it would have struggled to make a dent but could have perhaps served a niche.

They need to rethink the stacking systems though to be more accessible to new players and conducive to success of the team.

Needed to be free to play. I actually thought it was semi decent and had potential just not different enough in such a competitive scene. People aren't easily pulled away from cod, siege, overwatch etc.

Even free I think it would have struggled to make a dent but could have perhaps served a niche.

They need to rethink the stacking systems though to be more accessible to new players and conducive to success of the team.

It probably will be in a few months and why they've refunded everybody to set it up for an F2P relaunch. They won't be just giving up on years of development this quickly.

I just dont think theres a market for it. I expect better games with more interesting characters to struggle and shut down more or less immediately. I dont think it'll be back, its DOA.

That saves me downloading Hogwarts Legacy. To be fair if it was any good they'd surely have marketed the hell out of it.

On a tangent, when I first heard of real adults playing quidditch it was my first year at uni. The 'snitch' got on a bus to Newcastle and was never heard from again.
It seems like it might be an easy platinum though if you're interested in that stuff.

I got 20% of the trophies just doing the tutorial.

Last edited:
Apparently I've played 40 hours of horizon. Considering I knocked it down to normal after a guy came at me with 3 arrows in his face that's kind of insane.

40 hours? I could have done things in that time.

I just dont think theres a market for it. I expect better games with more interesting characters to struggle and shut down more or less immediately. I dont think it'll be back, its DOA.

Agreed. It appears to be an inferior re-hash of numerous other games which are also likely to fail despite being better than Concord.

Hopefully we're getting close to the point where game devs stop chasing the GAAS golden goose to the exclusion of all else. I cant help but feel a bit of satisfaction watching games like this and Suicide Squad flop.

It's also really hard to imagine how the Last of Us MP could have been worse than this.

Anyway, best of luck to Fairgame$ :lol:

Just picked up Spidey 2 from CEX after some trade-ins of old games that I don't play anymore and came as free games on PS+ anyway.

Going to go for the plat for Spidey and Quidditch Champs next. After that I'm going to go back to Rebirth and try platinum that. I got fatigued mid-way through hard mode so a break should help.

Just picked up Spidey 2 from CEX after some trade-ins of old games that I don't play anymore and came as free games on PS+ anyway.

Going to go for the plat for Spidey and Quidditch Champs next. After that I'm going to go back to Rebirth and try platinum that. I got fatigued mid-way through hard mode so a break should help.
The Spiderman games are a lot of fun but I think the second one just edges it for me. They've built on the very good combat by switching between Peter and Miles. Plenty of the missions are very entertaining as well.