Gaming PlayStation 5

Its better now than it was then but thats more because of time than hardware. I dont think the older consoles were cut out to run it at all and its a better experience on ps5. I doubt it would change your mind that much if you hated it.
Tbf the last time I played it it was a mess. I probably will give it another go eventually but I just prefer the look of the others. I do prefer 3rd person gameplay to 1st person.

Heading to the F1 thread to let people know I stopped watching F1 two years ago and have zero regrets.
I think I've been doing this forum thing all wrong. I generally tend to post in threads I have an invested interest in.

Think I will try and search threads that I have no current connection to and simply state that to the people in the thread.

Tbf the last time I played it it was a mess. I probably will give it another go eventually but I just prefer the look of the others. I do prefer 3rd person gameplay to 1st person.
It’s wonderful now. And it really is meant for next gen / PC. But it first person perspective isn’t your jam then it may not click as it’s a game really commits to it in order to achieve immersion.

Its worth a second look at some point.
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth was good. Dont know if that appeals? Baldurs Gate 3 was very good. I liked Elden Ring and Armored Core. I'd say most of the other stuff that stood out for me was indie stuff that you could have played on ps4 and it wont change much between the consoles.
Covid has probably slowed things down a lot and a lot of stuff getting released is remasters like the Last of Us games which doesn't help.

Finally got around to finishing the platinum on Ghosts of Tsushima. Time to wrap up the trophies on the expansion now.

I'll give Alan Wake 2 a go too, cheers.

So my list so far is Spiderman 2, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Alan Wake 2. Any other suggestions ?
Was interested in skull and bones but I've heard that it's dreadful. Shame, cos I really liked Ac Black flag on the ps3.
I'm a few more hours through Alan Wake 2 now and just an FYI - if you're easily frustrated by puzzles then this might not be the game for you. I've found myself having to go on YouTube walkthroughs a couple of times just to bypass the rigmarole of working out how to complete a puzzle with very little clues :lol: thankfully the rest of the game makes it worthwhile.

Little nightmares 2 should be worth a play but a poor month overall for Ps Plus Essential with MLB 24 and Harry Potter Quiddich making up the other two.

Hopefully extra is better.

Another pad has started drifting. Annoyingly this is one i'd added paddles to. I was thinking of getting the Edge but wondered if anyone had tried any other pro type pads and if they were worth looking at?

Another pad has started drifting. Annoyingly this is one i'd added paddles to. I was thinking of getting the Edge but wondered if anyone had tried any other pro type pads and if they were worth looking at?
It's pretty insane. I've had 3 or 4 different PS5 controllers with significant drift now. It's not like I'm abusing them or doing anything different compared to all other controllers I've had in the past +-30 years, and I've literally never had noticeable drift before this generation.

It's pretty insane. I've had 3 or 4 different PS5 controllers with significant drift now. It's not like I'm abusing them or doing anything different compared to all other controllers I've had in the past +-30 years, and I've literally never had noticeable drift before this generation.
I’ve now basically got two controllers for different things. One with stick drift that I use for games where it doesn’t really matter. And one newer one I save for special games or ones where precise movement is required. Bit of a joke.

It's should be criminal how these publishers can get away with selling controllers that they know will be almost unusable in potentially less than a year. They know that stick drift will affect all of them, but expect their players to keep buying new controllers. You can't do anything to stop it from happening. They just use cheap as shit parts.

I send mine to get fixed, because I have a Battle Beavers and they're expensive to replace. Getting one fixed has been costing me £50. That's expensive enough, but buying another Battle Beaver is over triple that.

I remember reading that they changed the company who did the tech for the sticks from one who used good parts to one that used cheap and terrible shit. The whole thing is done on purpose to make more money.

There's a new side scroller/pixel, I think it's a bit Flashback. It begins with 'r', but I've forgotten the name. Does anyone know? Anyone?

It's should be criminal how these publishers can get away with selling controllers that they know will be almost unusable in potentially less than a year. They know that stick drift will affect all of them, but expect their players to keep buying new controllers. You can't do anything to stop it from happening. They just use cheap as shit parts.

I send mine to get fixed, because I have a Battle Beavers and they're expensive to replace. Getting one fixed has been costing me £50. That's expensive enough, but buying another Battle Beaver is over triple that.

I've not done it myself but a mate has fixed several of his just following a YouTube good with some simple tools. It's definitely worth trying over paying 50 each time.

Agree though it is a farce, it's the best ever controller but also the most unreliable.

I've not done it myself but a mate has fixed several of his just following a YouTube good with some simple tools. It's definitely worth trying over paying 50 each time.

Agree though it is a farce, it's the best ever controller but also the most unreliable.
I've done this a couple of times and other DIY fixes.
I've gone back to using an xbox pad in most cases. I guess i'm trying to save the ps pad for their exclusives. I just dont trust it to last any extended period (unlike my 10+ year old xbox pad) and dont want to buy more than 2 over the generation

Are they just the normal pads but modded? Id forgot about those. Hows it been? Other than the repairs.
Yeah, they're the official controller, but modded. I have buttons on the back installed on mine. I tried Scuf's controller as well, but I don't like the paddles. Battle Beaver also do a lot more customisation, but I stick to the back buttons and a textured rear shell.

This isn't mine, but mine looks similar to it.

The main problem with Battle Beaver is they're based in Texas. If you don't live in the USA, you're paying extra to have it shipped internationally. If you have an issue with the controller from the start (I did once), you have to ship it all the way back to Texas. They did fix the issue and get it sent back to me quickly, though. Under a week.

The controller is great. I couldn't go back to one without back buttons. Especially if you play shooters. It's so much easier to jump, slide, revive teammates, etc, while also being able to aim and shoot back.

I tend to have to get them fixed after around a year. Admittedly, I do game a lot. If you're someone that isn't playing a couple hours a day on average, you'll get longer mileage than I do. I find the button I have mapped to X stops responding to every input. I have to send it off to get fixed when that happens.

Yeah, I think I'm going to try when it starts happening again. I usually send it off to get stick drift and my back buttons repaired, so it's worth it if I'm getting 2 fixes for £50. I definitely can't fix the back buttons, but I can probably do the stick drift.

The DualSense is definitely the controller I've had stick drift problems with the most. I have 3 and all of them developed it eventually.

I’ve now basically got two controllers for different things. One with stick drift that I use for games where it doesn’t really matter. And one newer one I save for special games or ones where precise movement is required. Bit of a joke.
Hall effect sticks need to be standard next gen. Although, I'm sure that cost will passed on to the consumer.

Astro Bot pre-orders begin today: https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...-parappa-lovestruck-lyricist-outfit-and-more/

SYlNo.gif

Looks like the stage is MediEvil based? Outfit obviously from Bloodborne.

TdQ2Z05.png

The avatars and outfits can be unlocked during play without getting the more expensive editions - they're just if you want to unlock them early.

For physical, ShopTo has the base edition at £54.85 - https://www.shopto.net/en/ps5as07-a...e&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=Astrobot+PS5

If anyone sees any cheaper, feel free to post.

Just grabbed it for £47.99 from Currys with a Code and Blue Light voucher combo. Hopefully it turns up on Friday.

So I finally got one of these bad boys and it's been incredible. Played Astrobot and loved it despite usually hating platforming games. Then played miles morales and forbidden west as they were on game pass. Decent, probably a good introduction to the console.

I'm so used to getting my phone up when I hit a loading screen, but they just don't seem to exist anymore. It's crazy how fast this thing loads.

But anyhow, I've got GoW, Elden ring, and AC mirage, all of which I played on PS4. Are they worth playing again on PS 5 or would I be better off just getting new games?

So I finally got one of these bad boys and it's been incredible. Played Astrobot and loved it despite usually hating platforming games. Then played miles morales and forbidden west as they were on game pass. Decent, probably a good introduction to the console.

I'm so used to getting my phone up when I hit a loading screen, but they just don't seem to exist anymore. It's crazy how fast this thing loads.

But anyhow, I've got GoW, Elden ring, and AC mirage, all of which I played on PS4. Are they worth playing again on PS 5 or would I be better off just getting new games?

Try Returnal

As above, Returnal is great.

Also if you liked GoW then Ragnorak is a must.

As above, Returnal is great.

Also if you liked GoW then Ragnorak is a must.
Oh yeah, should've said Ragnarok. The save carries over for NG+ too which is a huge plus.

Try Returnal
I've heard some great things about it, but it seems like one I should try on sale/GP. I'm not much of a shooter guy, but I might be misunderstanding it. It's a rogue-like shooter or something?

I’m hooked on Metroidvanias at the minute. Currently gone through;

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

And currently playing Prince of Persia which I am enjoying. Surprisingly good for a Ubisoft game.

Oh yeah, should've said Ragnarok. The save carries over for NG+ too which is a huge plus.

I've heard some great things about it, but it seems like one I should try on sale/GP. I'm not much of a shooter guy, but I might be misunderstanding it. It's a rogue-like shooter or something?
Yeah that’s exactly it. It’s not for everyone, and it can be tough going at the start, but it looks incredible, has great combat, memorable bosses and has a cool story.

Have you played Baldurs Gate 3? It’s a must. Plenty on here have played it on ps5 I think.

Some other ones I’d recommend if you can pick them up for under €40 would be Spiderman 2, or Jedi Survivor.

I think Cyberpunk is meant to work well on ps5 now and the Phantom Liberty DLC is great.

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

And currently playing Prince of Persia which I am enjoying. Surprisingly good for a Ubisoft game.
Yeah same! Love the Ori games. Dead Cells is lots of fun too. The PoP Metroid is great as you say, mentioned it on here a few times.

Assume you’ve played Hollow Knight? It’s the best one of all.

Hades is also a must.

Yeah that’s exactly it. It’s not for everyone, and it can be tough going at the start, but it looks incredible, has great combat, memorable bosses and has a cool story.

Have you played Baldurs Gate 3? It’s a must. Plenty on here have played it on ps5 I think.

Some other ones I’d recommend if you can pick them up for under €40 would be Spiderman 2, or Jedi Survivor.

I think Cyberpunk is meant to work well on ps5 now and the Phantom Liberty DLC is great.
The next time you like the look of a game, do me a favour and tell me. It sounds like our tastes are aligned.

Jedi survivor is on sale so I'll pick that up to be sure. I was about two inches away from getting Cyberpunk on PS4 but avoided it, so now might be the time. Spiderman 2 seems like an absolute must, but I'm hoping I can keep myself occupied with other games until it's cheaper than £70.

On Baldur's gate: it's turn-based right? Not usually my cup of tea, but I can't escape how highly it's rated.

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

I've actually been keeping track of and ranking all the metroidvanias I've ever played, with the idea of maybe starting a metroidvania thread or something. Never going to happen. :lol:

How was Grime? It's one I've been considering, but after seeing a dev of that game shitting on Aeterna Noctis on reddit, I'm reluctant to spend money on it. Really don't like seeing indie devs publicly criticising eachother's work.

The next one on my list is probably going to be F.I.S.T., always liked the look of it.

The next time you like the look of a game, do me a favour and tell me. It sounds like our tastes are aligned.

Jedi survivor is on sale so I'll pick that up to be sure. I was about two inches away from getting Cyberpunk on PS4 but avoided it, so now might be the time. Spiderman 2 seems like an absolute must, but I'm hoping I can keep myself occupied with other games until it's cheaper than £70.

On Baldur's gate: it's turn-based right? Not usually my cup of tea, but I can't escape how highly it's rated.
BG3 is incredible and I wouldn’t let that it’s turn based put you off. A lot of people that had the same concern loved it.

Jedi Survivor is good and will keep you occupied for a while anyway.

If by GP you mean PS + Extra, then yes its there along with Demon Souls

Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Cells
Ender Lillies
Grime

I'd never played a Metroidvania before, but I played Prince of Persia and Metroid Dread this year. Really enjoyed them both. I bought both of the Ori games on Steam, but haven't played them yet.