Gaming PlayStation 5

Last edited:
It's a great game, storyline isn't as good as the first imo.

However, it's beautiful, the world is amazing. feck, I want to play it again now :drool:
Honestly I thought the story of the first was just about good. The main draw were the visuals, combat and world design, and I expect that to be the case here too.

At least read the thread. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/horizon-forbidden-west-ps4-ps5.463057/page-18
I was more critical of it than most but the general response wasn't positive. Its miles off an 8+
Honestly, I'd rather not. I like to play games I'm interested in by listening to reviews I trust that don't spoil much and go in as cold as I can. I really liked the first as well as it's DLC and tbh, Sony's major titles tend to be my jam even if some absolute all-timers (like HZD IMO wasn't quite but a lot of GoW games are). And I can't see any reason of having a PS5 - which I know I had to have - and not playing Sony's first party titles that also tend to support the dual sense features.

Btw, it's got an 88% on metacritic and mighty rating on open critic too. Either way I'll know soon enough how I feel about it.

Last edited:
At least read the thread. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/horizon-forbidden-west-ps4-ps5.463057/page-18
I was more critical of it than most but the general response wasn't positive. Its miles off an 8+
chick-kick.gif

Honestly I thought the story of the first was just about good. The main draw were the visuals, combat and world design, and I expect that to be the case here too.

Honestly, I'd rather not. I like to play games I'm interested by listening to reviews I trust that don't spoil much and go in as cold as I can. I really liked the first as well as it's DLC and tbh, Sony's major titles tend to be my jam even if some aren't absolut4e all timers (like HZD IMO wasn't quite but a lot of GoW games are). And I can't see any reason of having a PS5 - which I know I had to have - and not playing Sony's first party titles that also tend to support the dual sense features.

Btw, it's got an 88% on metacritic and mighty rating on open critic too. Either way I'll know soon enough how I feel about it.
Its mostly talking about mechanics but i get your point. Go in with lower expectations, i'd probably rate the first a bit more than you but feel similarly in general. The combat in particular was a massive let down in this. Its a very pretty game at least

Its mostly talking about mechanics but i get your point. Go in with lower expectations, i'd probably rate the first a bit more than you but feel similarly in general. The combat in particular was a massive let down in this. Its a very pretty game at least

The big letdown for me was melee still, they'd improved it but not a great deal, who even really cares about melee anyway when you're fighting robot dinosaurs :lol:

Agree with you. Thought it was a very average game

Had it bundled with my PS5 and was the only game I had so played quite a lot of it (35 hours) but it was very boring.

Why was Dino Crisis mentioned? Is the remake finally happening?

Agree with you. Thought it was a very average game

Had it bundled with my PS5 and was the only game I had so played quite a lot of it (35 hours) but it was very boring.
The big letdown for me was melee still, they'd improved it but not a great deal, who even really cares about melee anyway when you're fighting robot dinosaurs :lol:
I have a similar play time. Its roughly twice the time i spent on spiritfarer which i loved. I was a bit bitter about that when i saw it. Its a fair old timesink even compared to stuff like Control and Bloodbourne.
I just found most of the enemies really tedious to fight. I kind of thought as i leveled up and got better melee options or whatever it would level out but it never did and just got worse really. The melee duels against humans were a definite low point actually.

The Indiana Jones talk made me redownload the uncharted trilogy, just had a bash on the 1st game and it hasn't aged well. Clunky and awful camera angles. Not great.

Played about half an hour and apparently 16% of the way through. Don't remember it being that short.

That’s shite.
Yeah, it's rubbish. I'm not great at keeping up with when things get removed either. Thankfully it was just me wanting to go play something and realising it was removed rather than being half way through a game and it getting chopped!

I was surprised to learn that PS5 does not have Ubisoft premium. I guess i'm getting Sw Outlaws on xbox then.

In the meantime on Ps5, I'm counting down the days until Astro bot hits.

I was surprised to learn that PS5 does not have Ubisoft premium. I guess i'm getting Sw Outlaws on xbox then.

In the meantime on Ps5, I'm counting down the days until Astro bot hits.
I think Xbox made some sort of deal with Ubisoft as there was this article a couple of years back on the Ubisoft Blog saying it was coming to both Xbox and PlayStation, then it ended up just going to Xbox.

I think Xbox made some sort of deal with Ubisoft as there was this article a couple of years back on the Ubisoft Blog saying it was coming to both Xbox and PlayStation, then it ended up just going to Xbox.
It's a pretty good service! I've decided to play that new avatar until Outlaws comes out. Only really want to try as I heard the graphics are great.

After outlaws, I'm playing third parties on PS5 as opposed to Xbox. I'm just going to play Gamepass on Xbox. They've lost me with all the multi platform stuff.

Just got this after finishing my ps4 backlog. Had a look at the games available and I'm not impressed.

Any suggestions ?

For a console that's been here for 3-4 years now it does seem that this gen has been a slow one.

Just got this after finishing my ps4 backlog. Had a look at the games available and I'm not impressed.

Any suggestions ?

For a console that's been here for 3-4 years now it does seem that this gen has been a slow one.

What sort of games are you into? It’s a weird generation this where most of the top games were released on the previous system and there aren’t as many exclusive titles anymore.

Any suggestions ?

Returnal and God of War are the only 2 that spring to mind. Cyberpunk works better on ps5 and is worth a play now.

Returnal and God of War are the only 2 that spring to mind. Cyberpunk works better on ps5 and is worth a play now.

Ratchet and clank is definitely worth a play as is the Demons souls remake (if you’re into souls games that is).

Any suggestions ?

Ghost of Tsushima looks incredible on the ps5. I've also recently started Alan Wake 2 and it's one of the better games I've played since I bought the console.

Let me guess you bought into the "play all your favourites from last gen, but this time in 60fps" as the major selling point and worth the price of admission?
Why do you care? You got rid 2 years ago but feel the need to post in here today?

Let me guess you bought into the "play all your favourites from last gen, but this time in 60fps" as the major selling point and worth the price of admission?
Or maybe they have just enjoyed playing games on the PS5?

Does seem strange to see a thread about the PS5 and then stop by to let everyone know you sold yours 2 years ago.

I’ve personally loved the PS5. The DualSense is the best console controller ever IMO and really elevates the experience of playing games that take advantage of it.

I bought the next gen update for TLOU2 and it looks incredible on the ps5. Not sure I have the energy for another full playthrough of it, mind, but my god it’s a beautiful game.

I bought the next gen update for TLOU2 and it looks incredible on the ps5. Not sure I have the energy for another full playthrough of it, mind, but my god it’s a beautiful game.
So did I. Hopefully it has some decent dual sense support.

What sort of games are you into? It’s a weird generation this where most of the top games were released on the previous system and there aren’t as many exclusive titles anymore.
Anything and everything tbh. That's the thing, I've already played Ragnarok, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Forbidden West etc...

I'll give Returnal a go. Honestly, I hated Cyberpunk, is it that much better on the new gen ?

Ghost of Tsushima looks incredible on the ps5. I've also recently started Alan Wake 2 and it's one of the better games I've played since I bought the console.
I'll give Alan Wake 2 a go too, cheers.

So my list so far is Spiderman 2, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Alan Wake 2. Any other suggestions ?
Was interested in skull and bones but I've heard that it's dreadful. Shame, cos I really liked Ac Black flag on the ps3.

Anything and everything tbh. That's the thing, I've already played Ragnarok, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Forbidden West etc...

I'll give Returnal a go. Honestly, I hated Cyberpunk, is it that much better on the new gen ?

I'll give Alan Wake 2 a go too, cheers.

So my list so far is Spiderman 2, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Alan Wake 2. Any other suggestions ?
Was interested in skull and bones but I've heard that it's dreadful. Shame, cos I really liked Ac Black flag on the ps3.
Its better now than it was then but thats more because of time than hardware. I dont think the older consoles were cut out to run it at all and its a better experience on ps5. I doubt it would change your mind that much if you hated it.