Gaming PlayStation 5

Do you guys reckon that more games will be added to the PS Plus collection? I'm hoping TLOU 2 will go in there. I think it's already been on PS Plus? But I didn't have a PS5 then. I've just checked and it seems that it was on PS Now, but has been taken off the service. Seems mad to do that when you own the IP.

I'm going to get around to playing it one day and I don't want to pay digital price.

Do you guys reckon that more games will be added to the PS Plus collection? I'm hoping TLOU 2 will go in there. I think it's already been on PS Plus? But I didn't have a PS5 then. I've just checked and it seems that it was on PS Now, but has been taken off the service. Seems mad to do that when you own the IP.

I'm going to get around to playing it one day and I don't want to pay digital price.
It was/is part of PS Now but not PS Plus. I don’t think they will be expanding PS Plus collection but weren’t Sony rumored to add a new service comparable to GP at some point early this year? That could well include games like TLOU2 etc.

It was/is part of PS Now but not PS Plus. I don’t think they will be expanding PS Plus collection but weren’t Sony rumored to add a new service comparable to GP at some point early this year? That could well include games like TLOU2 etc.
Yeah, that's supposed to be coming soon.

So, my PS5 has not got any quieter, but I'm not noticing the fan noise, as much. Maybe I was overthinking it. Not sure.

So, my PS5 has not got any quieter, but I'm not noticing the fan noise, as much. Maybe I was overthinking it. Not sure.

Got visions of you just sitting there looking at your PS5 with your head slightly cocked and an intense look on your face. Not playing games, just listening, always listening....

"One day" you whisper "one day you shall be deemed quiet enough for me to boot up FIFA 22"

I'm playing Uncharted 4, the one that is in PS plus collection. This is not 60 fps, right? Is that only for the paid remaster?

That's an interesting one, with them not having created a game yet (although having had a partnership for a year or so). I guess Sony must be impressed with what they've seen, plus getting the creator of Assassins Creed / Watch Dogs tied to them is bound to be another factor.

Sony will buy Jade Raymond's Haven Studios, which is currently working on a live service multiplayer game for PS5.

Admittedly their next project might be fantastic but this sounds a bit naff

Last edited:
Sony will buy Jade Raymond's Haven Studios, which is currently working on a live service multiplayer game for PS5.

urghhh! :rolleyes: Can't they buy FromSoft or Square Enix (actually maybe not) or get the rights to Konami's games?

That's an interesting one, with them not having created a game yet (although having had a partnership for a year or so). I guess Sony must be impressed with what they've seen, plus getting the creator of Assassins Creed / Watch Dogs tied to them is bound to be another factor.
Here's a decent interview: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-and-hermen-hulst-on-why-sony-is-buying-haven

About time they had a studio in Canada. Montreal is basically the mecca of the Canadian video game industry and sounds like Haven have poached a lot of talent from Ubisoft.

Yeah, I'm not big on live service games but the bits that have been spoken about it sound promising. Will see how it goes. Better a 'new' studio be working on a live service game than another of the previous existing first party ones.

urghhh! :rolleyes: Can't they buy FromSoft or Square Enix (actually maybe not) or get the rights to Konami's games?
Would cost too much.

Looks like VRR is still a few months away according to this.

Just finished Horizon Forbidden West after completing Elden Ring a couple of days earlier now the wait till the next good game continues!

Has anyone on here tried Insurgency: Sandstorm? There isn't a native PS5 version – but it has been patched to take advantage of the PS5.

It's a much more tactical military FPS – no kill streaks or things like that and the gameplay is much more measured than COD etc. You can be killed by a single shot, so there's no running & gunning. The HUD is completely stripped away – so it feels like a much more realistic experience than other FPS games. There is no pay-to-win, and no grind as such. You unlock classes, but within each class every weapon is available from the start.

You can play PvP but I play PvE – 8 people vs the AI. Even against the AI it is crazy challenging but a lot of fun. Playing with randoms is surprisingly good – as the game forces you to play tactically as you will just get killed if you try running around aimlessly! But would be good to play with a group also.

Anyone else hyped for that Hogwarts Legacy game? I thought the state of play looked brilliant. Didn’t except it to be so vast in scope. My biggest worry is they seem to have taken so much on, can they actually deliver on everything?

Has anyone on here tried Insurgency: Sandstorm? There isn't a native PS5 version – but it has been patched to take advantage of the PS5.

It's a much more tactical military FPS – no kill streaks or things like that and the gameplay is much more measured than COD etc. You can be killed by a single shot, so there's no running & gunning. The HUD is completely stripped away – so it feels like a much more realistic experience than other FPS games. There is no pay-to-win, and no grind as such. You unlock classes, but within each class every weapon is available from the start.

You can play PvP but I play PvE – 8 people vs the AI. Even against the AI it is crazy challenging but a lot of fun. Playing with randoms is surprisingly good – as the game forces you to play tactically as you will just get killed if you try running around aimlessly! But would be good to play with a group also.

That looks good, might give it a bash. Get the boys together

I got this last month, wicked game, feel free to add me to play.

Basically it's Socom but fps

Anyone else hyped for that Hogwarts Legacy game? I thought the state of play looked brilliant. Didn’t except it to be so vast in scope. My biggest worry is they seem to have taken so much on, can they actually deliver on everything?

My wife likes it and she isn’t even a gamer.

It’ll no doubt sell well due to the fanbase but I’m waiting for the reviews to drop on whether it’s worth ponying up for it or not.

Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Sony’s new service will combine two of its current offerings, PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus. Customers will be able to choose from multiple tiers offering catalogs of modern games and classics from older PlayStation eras.

I wonder how expensive they'll go for the top catalogue? Arguably Game Pass's biggest draw right now is the affordability.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Sony’s new service will combine two of its current offerings, PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus. Customers will be able to choose from multiple tiers offering catalogs of modern games and classics from older PlayStation eras.

I wonder how expensive they'll go for the top catalogue? Arguably Game Pass's biggest draw right now is the affordability.
I think if Sony go high Microsoft increase to match it. They won't wanna leave that money on the table.

Well, I've been saying they should basically fold PS Now into Plus for ages now, so glad to see they finally did it. Other than that, there's not really much here. I mean, it's not that exciting really.

I don’t understand how they can possibly believe that they don’t have to offer a viable alternative to Gamepass.

I'm going to see how it goes, but it does look like they see the need for newer games in the top two tiers

"At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal"