Gaming PlayStation 5

That's the norm, it's pretty much completely silent even under load.
Well, today Sony told me that my PS5 is not loud enough to be sent off for repair. I guess I'll just have to put up with it, then? I guess my other option is to use my 30 day return window from who I bought it from (Sony lol). But then would they have stock for a replacement? I'll have to ask.

And as someone new to their ecosystem I was shocked that you could not access your game clips via their app. However, apparently this is coming in a recent update? So, that's good.

Well, today Sony told me that my PS5 is not loud enough to be sent off for repair. I guess I'll just have to put up with it, then? I guess my other option is to use my 30 day return window from who I bought it from (Sony lol). But then would they have stock for a replacement? I'll have to ask.

And as someone new to their ecosystem I was shocked that you could not access your game clips via their app. However, apparently this is coming in a recent update? So, that's good.
That sucks. To be fair it's a little hard to judge from your video but it does sound deeper than I would expect. I have no idea how Sony decide what an acceptable level of noise is based on that . Since PS5s are still like gold dust, I don't think you have any other choice than to live with it, unless it's really too distracting.

Thinking of uninstalling FIFA! I don't have a lot of free time and that's all I ever play when I get some. Have been wanting to start playing other games but I switch on my PS5 and as if by muscle memory, open FIFA and spend the next hour or two on it.
Yeh, this year more than ever I can relate to this. The constant grind of Ultimate Team has had me gripped all year and I'm still diving in now despite needing to play Horizon, Elden Ring and Dying Light 2.

Just flicked the ps5 on while the kids are getting ready for school and was greeted by the words ‘Gran Turismo 7 installed’ … happy days, roll on Friday!

Just flicked the ps5 on while the kids are getting ready for school and was greeted by the words ‘Gran Turismo 7 installed’ … happy days, roll on Friday!
Ooh snap! Is it time? Might have to slink off early today...

Ooh snap! Is it time? Might have to slink off early today...
Sadly not, it's just the pre release game shell that had downloaded. Gone from one extreme to the other now, spent most of last year scratching round in my game library for something to play, now I have 3 major games I'm going to be buried under. Hollow Knight, Elden Ring and GT7. Not enough hours in the day!

Am I best off playing Bloodborne before Elden Ring? I’m thinking of diving into it and trying to push past my urge to get annoyed just because it’s difficult.

Am I best off playing Bloodborne before Elden Ring? I’m thinking of diving into it and trying to push past my urge to get annoyed just because it’s difficult.
I haven’t played much Bloodborne either and I’m really liking Elden ring. Reading some comments in here makes me realise how sh*t I am at this game :lol:

Elden Ring is way more accessible than Bloodborne which is a much more difficult game all round. Some of the bosses in Elden Ring are still incredibly difficult but everything around them is much easier.

Elden Ring is way more accessible than Bloodborne which is a much more difficult game all round. Some of the bosses in Elden Ring are still incredibly difficult but everything around them is much easier.

So I should play Elden Ring as my first game in that ‘series’?

So I should play Elden Ring as my first game in that ‘series’?
I played BB first and absolutely LOVED it but that was after years of failed attempts because of the extreme difficultly right from the get go. Something finally clicked the last time and I made it past that hump and kept going.

but Elden Ring eases you in way more and because it’s open world, if something is too difficult you can just go off somewhere else and level up and come back to it later. So yeah it’s probably a better game to start with. If you find yourself enjoying the extremely difficult dungeons and main bosses then you can move on to BB after.

It’s going to be difficult going back to 30 fps BB after Elden Ring. BB is an incredible game though.
Part of me expects/hopes that they'll eventually release a remaster or polished 60fps version of it on PS5/PC anyway.

I bought GTA5 on ps3 at launch. Played about 30% of it by the time the ps4 launched. Never played it again. Incredible that a ps3 game is about to appear on ps5, but then again demon's souls was the same.

Really regretting buying the digital version now. It’s had a bigger effect than I thought going forward to a point where I haven’t even really played it much. The biggest issue being that I struggle to pay out 60-70 quid for a new release that then has no sell on value or even being able to rent games. I definitely underestimated the added value of the disc version.

Really regretting buying the digital version now. It’s had a bigger effect than I thought going forward to a point where I haven’t even really played it much. The biggest issue being that I struggle to pay out 60-70 quid for a new release that then has no sell on value or even being able to rent games. I definitely underestimated the added value of the disc version.

I remember saying before release to a few posters, being locked into Sony's ecosystem for a £100 saving wasn't worth it.

I buy the odd game on sale digitally but predominately I buy discs. Having the fall back of being able to sell it or trade it when it's finished or if I don't like it is worth more in the long run than that initial saving.

Maybe the rumours of a Sony service to rival gamepass will come to fruition so you don't feel as down on it.

Yeah the £100 you save for getting the digital version really isn't worth it when you can save that much from a few physical game deals alone. And physical PS4 games can be dirt cheap if you want to make use of the backwards compatibility.

I can't seem to get access to the £8.95 GTAV pre order link on the PS App or my PS5. The only link available was for Online, but the actual single player game wasn't there (it's probably cos I have had the PS4 version of the game installed). Anyone with the same circumstances, managed to find it?

I remember saying before release to a few posters, being locked into Sony's ecosystem for a £100 saving wasn't worth it.

I buy the odd game on sale digitally but predominately I buy discs. Having the fall back of being able to sell it or trade it when it's finished or if I don't like it is worth more in the long run than that initial saving.

Maybe the rumours of a Sony service to rival gamepass will come to fruition so you don't feel as down on it.

Yeah I'm in completely agreeance. I think I did a bit of a panic buy at the time because it was so difficult to get one that I just rushed into taking whatever I could just to get one and I've ended up regretting it now.

Ultimately the 100 difference really isn't worth it. That's about 3-4 new releases really which you could buy and once you're done with them, sell them on and make easily at least half of the price back. You can wipe out the 100 pound price difference so easily. And like I said that's not even then taking into account being able to rent games if you have the disc version.

The digital prices and no resale value just kill the digital version for me. Very tempted to sell my digital one at a completely fair price and try to get hold of the disc version. Can't believe that all this time on people still can't get a PS5 and that they're still selling for ridiculous prices on marketplace etc. Just a bit of a ballache to sell my digital one and then go back to setting up alerts and trying to get the disc version, but I feel it's probably the best time to try to do it really.

It's put me off so much. I'd have probably brought the likes of Gran Turismo, Horizon etc on release but it's just so difficult to justify paying for them digitally where if I'm bored of them after a while, they have no resale value to make some of the money back. Feels like it's really pushed me away from the PS5.

Yeah I'm in completely agreeance. I think I did a bit of a panic buy at the time because it was so difficult to get one that I just rushed into taking whatever I could just to get one and I've ended up regretting it now.

Ultimately the 100 difference really isn't worth it. That's about 3-4 new releases really which you could buy and once you're done with them, sell them on and make easily at least half of the price back. You can wipe out the 100 pound price difference so easily. And like I said that's not even then taking into account being able to rent games if you have the disc version.

The digital prices and no resale value just kill the digital version for me. Very tempted to sell my digital one at a completely fair price and try to get hold of the disc version. Can't believe that all this time on people still can't get a PS5 and that they're still selling for ridiculous prices on marketplace etc. Just a bit of a ballache to sell my digital one and then go back to setting up alerts and trying to get the disc version, but I feel it's probably the best time to try to do it really.

It's put me off so much. I'd have probably brought the likes of Gran Turismo, Horizon etc on release but it's just so difficult to justify paying for them digitally where if I'm bored of them after a while, they have no resale value to make some of the money back. Feels like it's really pushed me away from the PS5.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm not really willing to pay £70ish on any game as it's a bit over what they're worth for me and tend to wait and buy when they're cheaper. That's normally physical as they comes down in price first. A fair price for your digital would be pretty much what you paid for it without scalping at the moment as long as it's in good condition and it will have some warranty left, but yeah going back to hunting would be a pain.

I think digital has a place, and it's got huge advantages in locking you in for the Sony / MS but I do think it only really offers value to us as part of a subscription based service. Otherwise people will hold off on games if they're not sure the games are for them and they can't trade it in to get some money back if they don't like it. I would potentially hold out to see what the new service from Sony is going to look like as that may help.

I got mine on launch day and it doesn't sound anywhere near as noisey as that.
I actually think it's getting worse! One day in the next year, I'm going to convince Sony to get it repaired.

Despite me rallying against the idea in the past, I did buy a digital PS5. My reasoning was that PS5 is my secondary system and I'm just going to use it to play old games I've missed or I'll have no problem waiting until a new exclusive PS5 game drops its digital price. If a big AAA game comes out from a 3rd party that I want then I'll buy that on disc for Series X.

I always want my main console to have a disc drive. And I will NEVER pay £70 for a game. Just not going to happen. I like having discs so I can sell them again.

I actually think it's getting worse! One day in the next year, I'm going to convince Sony to get it repaired.

Despite me rallying against the idea in the past, I did buy a digital PS5. My reasoning was that PS5 is my secondary system and I'm just going to use it to play old games I've missed or I'll have no problem waiting until a new exclusive PS5 game drops its digital price. If a big AAA game comes out from a 3rd party that I want then I'll buy that on disc for Series X.

I always want my main console to have a disc drive. And I will NEVER pay £70 for a game. Just not going to happen. I like having discs so I can sell them again.
Yeah but resale value of used games reduces drastically year on year, but i understand your point. I needed disc drive for the copius amounts of dvds and blurays we have.