Gaming PlayStation 5

Which one did you go for? My Tv is currently being fixed and I’m really torn between a few of them. Was leaning towards the Samsung Q80 but I went into currys and had a look at it and wasn’t blown away, I saw the Sony X90J and that looked quite good, but people online have been saying something about it not doing 4k 120? But different websites seem to say that isn’t true. A little tempted to spring for the Sony Q85a but might be too dear.
The Q80 was almost the same price as the C1 here so I ended up with the Q60 which was way cheaper. Will probably be dissapointed but I've been gaming on a crappy TV for a while now anyway.

The Q80 was almost the same price as the C1 here so I ended up with the Q60 which was way cheaper. Will probably be dissapointed but I've been gaming on a crappy TV for a while now anyway.
Fair enough, let me know how you get on. I really don’t know which one to get, leaning towards the Sony one now as apparently a bit better for movies. The C1 is significant more than the Q80 here.

Fair enough, let me know how you get on. I really don’t know which one to get, leaning towards the Sony one now as apparently a bit better for movies. The C1 is significant more than the Q80 here.
Yeah it's weird reading reviews and it says the price should be the same as (insert other tv here) and it's way different. The Q60 was half the price of the C1.

Yeah you too, I might have to upgrade this year anyway when I have more money and no other stuff to buy!

Yeah it's weird reading reviews and it says the price should be the same as (insert other tv here) and it's way different. The Q60 was half the price of the C1.

Yeah you too, I might have to upgrade this year anyway when I have more money and no other stuff to buy!
I ordered the Sony X90j just now, will let you know how I get on.

The Q60 doesn't have HDMI 2.1 does it or do 120hz gaming? That'll be why.

I ended up getting the 50" Q94a for £780 at John Lewis. I looked at the C1 and I know people on here have said it isn't so much of an issue but I don't really want to worry about burn in for one thing and they also reckon that this tv is better for brighter rooms than the OLED ones which mine is so that swung it for me. Also, there still aren't any really good deals for it anywhere that I can see. It will be a massive improvement on my Hi-Sense whatever.

The Q60 doesn't have HDMI 2.1 does it or do 120hz gaming? That'll be why.

I ended up getting the 50" Q94a for £780 at John Lewis. I looked at the C1 and I know people on here have said it isn't so much of an issue but I don't really want to worry about burn in for one thing and they also reckon that this tv is better for brighter rooms than the OLED ones which mine is so that swung it for me. Also, there still aren't any really good deals for it anywhere that I can see. It will be a massive improvement on my Hi-Sense whatever.
Wow how did you find it at that price? That’s a bargain from what i have seen.

4k 120hz gaming is nothing but a buzz word realistically for the generation so i wouldn't put that down as a make or break for a tv currently.

Amazon UK had the PS5 in stock this morning. I managed to nab one. They sold out in about a minute :lol:

Fecking mental that almost 18 months later they're still so hard to get.

I know, it’s mad. I’d heard there might be an Amazon drop this morning and just got lucky refreshing the page at the right time.

4k 120hz gaming is nothing but a buzz word realistically for the generation so i wouldn't put that down as a make or break for a tv currently.
Agreed. And it'll get less common as time goes on and you really need VRR to smooth out the 120, anyway.

I bought a PS5 6 months ago and I'm finally going to play a game on it.

Question: I want to play God of War and I know it's in the PS plus collection. Will that version have the PS5 patch? Thanks.

To the person who suggested Persona 5 a couple of months ago (can’t seem to find the reply now), I thank you! Around 15 hours in, and I‘m loving it!

If you had mentioned that it was the closest thing to Pokémon on a PlayStation, I probably would have played it a lot sooner though :lol:

To the person who suggested Persona 5 a couple of months ago (can’t seem to find the reply now), I thank you! Around 15 hours in, and I‘m loving it!

If you had mentioned that it was the closest thing to Pokémon on a PlayStation, I probably would have played it a lot sooner though :lol:
It's a great game. I was blown away by the fact that it's 100 hours long nearly without rushing through. Never played Persona game before. What difficulty are you playing on? I play on easy and it was still hard. Especially that one guy at the end.

It's a great game. I was blown away by the fact that it's 100 hours long nearly without rushing through. Never played Persona game before. What difficulty are you playing on? I play on easy and it was still hard. Especially that one guy at the end.
I’m playing it on normal difficulty right now. I haven’t found anything particularly challenging so far, so maybe I need to bump it up a notch. Of course, I’m still 15 hours in, and just finished the first palace (most of which duals as a tutorial), so maybe it gets tougher as it goes on.

Also, this game would be soo good if you could play it handheld on the bed. I tried remote play, but there is a notable lag for me.

OK, I've had my PS5 on for a while and it's quite loud!

Anyone else's PS5 make a noise or is mine busted?

I’m playing it on normal difficulty right now. I haven’t found anything particularly challenging so far, so maybe I need to bump it up a notch. Of course, I’m still 15 hours in, and just finished the first palace (most of which duals as a tutorial), so maybe it gets tougher as it goes on.

Also, this game would be soo good if you could play it handheld on the bed. I tried remote play, but there is a notable lag for me.
It's gets harder. Just finished P5 striker's last month. Like a faster version of Persona. 40 hours long. I enjoyed it a lot but story wise not better. One tip I have to give you is when it hits flu season in November or December. Take full advantage to fight the reaper in the Mementos. You get a shitload of XP and best to get to level 95 that way at least. Otherwise you are going to be stuck the Same way I was in the final fight. I got lucky and had an old save. Had to redo 20 hours worth. He was a mini boss with 2 angels. Kill one and the other brings it back. Constantly healing the mini boss. Couldn't get passed it. So that's how I did it, by grinding to fight the Reaper sick from Flu season.

Well, mine is digital so it's not that!

It's making an audible noise in game and in menus.

It could be coil whine, that can affect electronics when stressed. It's something that can get better after a couple of weeks running, but can be annoying and you can ask for a replacement if it's really bad. This is a pretty extreme example of it.

Coil Whine

It's gets harder. Just finished P5 striker's last month. Like a faster version of Persona. 40 hours long. I enjoyed it a lot but story wise not better. One tip I have to give you is when it hits flu season in November or December. Take full advantage to fight the reaper in the Mementos. You get a shitload of XP and best to get to level 95 that way at least. Otherwise you are going to be stuck the Same way I was in the final fight. I got lucky and had an old save. Had to redo 20 hours worth. He was a mini boss with 2 angels. Kill one and the other brings it back. Constantly healing the mini boss. Couldn't get passed it. So that's how I did it, by grinding to fight the Reaper sick from Flu season.
Thanks for the tip! I’m still getting acquainted with everything, but will keep this in mind.

It could be coil whine, that can affect electronics when stressed. It's something that can get better after a couple of weeks running, but can be annoying and you can ask for a replacement if it's really bad. This is a pretty extreme example of it.

Coil Whine
It's not as bad as that!

I called PS and they asked my to send them a video of the noise.

It's annoying as I've started playing God of War.

It's not as bad as that!

I called PS and they asked my to send them a video of the noise.

It's annoying as I've started playing God of War.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be that bad! That's just an extreme example to give an idea of the type of noise coil whine causes.

I've had it on a couple of GPU's in the past and it's gone away after a few days both times I've had it after it's heated and cooled a few times. They may say to give it a few days of running first (which for once isn't necessarily just delaying a decision).

Here is my PS5. I don't think this quite picks up how loud it is, though. Does this sound louder then it should?

OK, I've had my PS5 on for a while and it's quite loud!

Anyone else's PS5 make a noise or is mine busted?

Yeah mines loud but I've got use to it. It's obviously way quieter than my ps4 was. Annoyed me a lot when I got it but I don't really notice it anymore.

Yeah mines loud but I've got use to it. It's obviously way quieter than my ps4 was. Annoyed me a lot when I got it but I don't really notice it anymore.
I think I could get used to it. Just when I googled it, lots were saying that theirs is whisper quiet.

My series X is whisper quiet, but tbf it's my second one because the first one got insanley loud on me.

I think I could get used to it. Just when I googled it, lots were saying that theirs is whisper quiet.

My series X is whisper quiet, but tbf it's my second one because the first one got insanley loud on me.

There's the coil whine but also I remember something about 3 different fans used and if you were part of the unlucky group whose ps5 got the noisy fan then its just shit luck. Most are fine.

Mines whisper quiet, it's on now and I wouldn't have realised until I saw this post. Dunno if I'm lucky or it's the norm...

That sounds more like fan to me, although when you moved it to the left there was maybe some coil whine. Mine's virtually silent though, and nothing like that unless there's a disc in there so I'd keep going with Sony to see what they say.

That sounds more like fan to me, although when you moved it to the left there was maybe some coil whine. Mine's virtually silent though, and nothing like that unless there's a disc in there so I'd keep going with Sony to see what they say.
Yeah, I'll see what they say. I always seem to have bad luck with tech!

In the mean time, I'm enjoying God Of War! Still not sure of the decision to put main attack on the triggers, though. That takes some getting used to.

Thinking of uninstalling FIFA! I don't have a lot of free time and that's all I ever play when I get some. Have been wanting to start playing other games but I switch on my PS5 and as if by muscle memory, open FIFA and spend the next hour or two on it.