Gaming PlayStation 5

Even though I lost my save yesterday due to my PS5 crashing (and PS cloud saves sucking compared to Xbox), I decided to carry on and behold: My first ever Platinum trophy.

17fea12565c31-screenshot-Url.jpg
Congrats! Playroom is a good first plat.

Are we expecting PSVR 2 to come out this year? I hope so. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it.

New Lego Star wars getting good reviews I might have to pick that up on Friday.

A friend of mine who follows industry news closely has been saying that they're due for a big event/showcase of this very soon.
All I've been hearing is good things I can't wait. Sony need to get this thing out already!

Looks like its just been announced that Remedy & Rockstar will work together to remake Max Payne 1& 2.

Another remake to the list.

Last edited:
Currently playing Mortal Kombat XI and that SpongeBob game off PsPlus.

Awkward timing because they’re obviously very similar in tone.

Where have you reached?
Beat Rom, now in the Orphanage in Upper Cathedral Ward. Had one go at the big alien headed boss which failed miserably but deciding to farm Blood Stone Chunks for a bit before going further.

I stopped playing the game for the best part of a year since my last update hence the slowish progress

Beat Rom, now in the Orphanage in Upper Cathedral Ward. Had one go at the big alien headed boss which failed miserably but deciding to farm Blood Stone Chunks for a bit before going further.

I stopped playing the game for the best part of a year since my last update hence the slowish progress
Nice. Hope you have the DLC too

How is SpongeBob? Thinking of playing that after I finally finish Bloodborne.

It’s decent. The kind of silliness you’d expect from SpongeBob, and while it’s easy, it’s not so easy as to be boring. It won’t win awards, but as a quick game between “proper” games it does the job.

I'm absolutely delighted to see the amount of recognition Returnal gets, especially in those categories. The audio design is sublime, I'd say the only game that rivalled it in recent years in that area was Hellblade, which is about the highest praise audio design can get. I personally would've given it Artistic Achievement as well, but let's not get greedy. :lol:

Despite the recognition, this game probably still hasn't reached as many gamers as it should have. PS5 scarcity is part of it, but I think a lot of people are still turned off by the perceived difficulty, which would be a shame. I can only hope its inclusion in the upcoming PS Plus middle tier opens it up to a wider audience, but it remains to be seen how successful that service is going to be.

Either way, it's a stunning game that everyone with access to it should play at some point.

I'm absolutely delighted to see the amount of recognition Returnal gets, especially in those categories. The audio design is sublime, I'd say the only game that rivalled it in recent years in that area was Hellblade, which is about the highest praise audio design can get. I personally would've given it Artistic Achievement as well, but let's not get greedy. :lol:

Despite the recognition, this game probably still hasn't reached as many gamers as it should have. PS5 scarcity is part of it, but I think a lot of people are still turned off by the perceived difficulty, which would be a shame. I can only hope its inclusion in the upcoming PS Plus middle tier opens it up to a wider audience, but it remains to be seen how successful that service is going to be.

Either way, it's a stunning game that everyone with access to it should play at some point.

Hopefully they port it to pc as i believe that game is made for a mouse input, fantastic on the playstation will be superb on PC.

Hopefully they port it to pc as i believe that game is made for a mouse input, fantastic on the playstation will be superb on PC.
It will for sure. There was a leak last year for Nvidia and Returnal was one of the games mentioned.

Demon's Souls will also be coming at some point but no mention of Bloodborne.

It will for sure. There was a leak last year for Nvidia and Returnal was one of the games mentioned.

Demon's Souls will also be coming at some point but no mention of Bloodborne.

Great news, you know there's no way thats coming to pc until there's been a full remake of the style of Demon's Souls on Playstation.

Its a guaranteed ace up their sleeve.

I skipped it because of price. PS5 games start too expensive and take too damn long to come down in price. Was hoping to pick up Demons Souls but on sale it costs as much as Elden Ring on pc, which is kind of stupid. Returnal was on sale for €60 which is too much. Just feels silly that i can get a month old game at full price for less than a 18 month / 2 year old game on sale.

Feels really counterproductive because that €50 i spent on Elden Ring is as much as i've spent on ps5 games since getting it day one. Think it was €20 for Spiderman, €20 for Last of Us 2 and €15 for Horizon. Theres a point at which you stop caring about picking up a game immediately, it goes into a backlog of games you want to get around to one day and you ignore it till its basically being given away for nothing (or just given away for nothing).

Last edited:
Not impressed by new plus, but also understand that Sony can't afford to give away games on release like MS can.

Decent option for many I'm sure, just not for me.

Not impressed by new plus, but also understand that Sony can't afford to give away games on release like MS can.

Decent option for many I'm sure, just not for me.
The only part of it i still care about is the online gaming.

Played some Slay the Spire earlier and it's a fun game and a great time filler game. One Ill keep going back to I suspect.

Anyone know why some of my games only start to update when I try to play them? I’m sure I’ve got it set to download all updates in rest mode.

Anyone know why some of my games only start to update when I try to play them? I’m sure I’ve got it set to download all updates in rest mode.

I think if it's the disc version you need to insert the disc for it to authenticate the update.

No idea then. I only have this problem if its a physical copy of the game. Did you have enough storage for the update?

Yeah plenty of storage. Not sure if it’s due to how long ago I last played the game or something but it was always installed.

Maybe the update had only gone live recently and the auto download hadn't started yet?

How the hell do you answer phone calls in Cyberpunk on ps5? It tells me to press D-pad down but it just rejects the calls. D-pad up just makes me take a health hit.