Gaming PlayStation 5

I honestly didn’t find Returnal that hard in comparison to games like Dark Souls etc. I completed it in 14 hours give or take. The biggest challenge was putting a run together with the right settup which sometimes took a couple of attempts but once you get the right settup it’s fairly easy to power through multiple biomes at once. I didn’t have the energy to fully get all the collectables though or get the platinum so maybe I’ll go back to it in time.

What kind of TV should I get? Will mostly be used for gaming. Read about LGC1 earlier and seems good but is a bit too pricy for me. Any cheaper options worth it or should I splurge?

What kind of TV should I get? Will mostly be used for gaming. Read about LGC1 earlier and seems good but is a bit too pricy for me. Any cheaper options worth it or should I splurge?

If OLED is out of your budget then the next best thing is QLED Samsung or whatever they call their latest tech now.

Just go on https://www.rtings.com/tv and have a browse its a decent way to narrow down best for your budget.

Ah, thanks. Looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.

It's a very atmospheric game driven in by its dream-like visuals, world and music (sorry can't think of a different way to phrase it).

The combat system is fun but not hugely deep. There's so many characters that few of them of them have fleshed out stories. So v. different to Chrono Trigger which is much tighter.

Personally I liked it that's it's quite a unique game - it's hard to compare what Chrono Cross does to almost any other JRPG I've played.

Last edited:
It's a very atmospheric game driven in by its dream-like visuals, world and music (sorry can't think of a different way to phrase it).

The combat system is fun but not hugely deep. There's so many characters that few of them of them have fleshed out stories. So v. different to Chrono Trigger which is much tighter.

Personally I liked it but that's largely because it's quite a unique game - it's hard to compare what Chrono Cross does to almost any other JRPG I've played.
It’s yeeeeeears since I played it but it was very different to CT which was quite jarring. It also had 40 playable characters or something didn’t it? Very different from the usual JRPG 6 or 7 characters who are all integral at the time. I remember it being excellent still though. Will definitely give the remaster a pop.

Personally I liked it that's it's quite a unique game - it's hard to compare what Chrono Cross does to almost any other JRPG I've played.
Thanks. I'm getting some FFII, FFVIII and FFXII vibes of 'it's different to what came before so it might not live up to its predecessor' . I've never really played CT so I don't have anything to compare it with although I'm guessing most fans prefer Chrono Trigger. I'm probably as well to go into this relatively blind.

Sifu is absolutely brilliant. Very challenging, and certainly won't be for everyone, but it's a very well done game.

Still haven't beaten the club yet. I think my impatience kills me more than anything. I also prefer to perfect a level before moving on. First level is done with all lives intact (age 20). How are you getting on?

My TV just developed this weird black shadow on the left hand side so might have to do the same :(
I'm moving so will have to buy lots of stuff, expensive few months coming up... Still don't want to be too cheap considering how much I play!

Still haven't beaten the club yet. I think my impatience kills me more than anything. I also prefer to perfect a level before moving on. First level is done with all lives intact (age 20). How are you getting on?

Not played it since. I mean to this week.

But I will tell you that patience is the key. Let them come to you, let them attack first. Also make use if tables and all that stuff, be defensive and move around. You can perfect it by reacting more than getting frustrated and charging in...but also, sweep is awesome!

Remember too that unlike Soulsbourne games, you can try to parry but hold the button to block. It works way more than it should.

Not played it since. I mean to this week.

But I will tell you that patience is the key. Let them come to you, let them attack first. Also make use if tables and all that stuff, be defensive and move around. You can perfect it by reacting more than getting frustrated and charging in...but also, sweep is awesome!

Remember too that unlike Soulsbourne games, you can try to parry but hold the button to block. It works way more than it should.

Yeah block and down seems to work for most attacks and defintely need to temper the aggressive play style. I find myself trying to clear areas too quickly and making mistakes.

Little Nightmares II is on sale for £14 so I've picked that up. Enjoyed the first one.

By an incredible omission i've never played Chrono Cross- was wondering if anyone here has played it and if the story is part of a larger series or is it a stand alone entry like each FF? The remaster is coming out on the PS5 and Ps4 on 7th of April.

I now have five games to get in 2-3 months after having nothing for ages :lol: :
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (AKA Limp Bizkit and "chaos!!!!")
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Chrono Cross Remastered

Stand alone entry, with huge amount of characters you can get depending on choices, lots of replayability, some people don't like the combat but I love it personally, not to mention masterpiece of a soundtrack, Chrono Cross is my favorite jRPG ever made.

I know Chrono Trigger is much more highly regarded, but for me it will always be CC > CT.

Anyone know of a fix so that the PS5 doesn't try and download 82GB of Modern Warfare every time a new update comes out?

Getting sick of deleting and reinstalling the game hoping it'll fix it cause that just means I'm downloading 82GB anyway.

Did it when it was on the PS5 SSD so I deleted it and reinstalled it on the external HDD and still does it.

Anyone know of a fix so that the PS5 doesn't try and download 82GB of Modern Warfare every time a new update comes out?

Getting sick of deleting and reinstalling the game hoping it'll fix it cause that just means I'm downloading 82GB anyway.

Did it when it was on the PS5 SSD so I deleted it and reinstalled it on the external HDD and still does it.

Settings ,saved data and game/ app settings, turn off auto updates?

Or just delete MW cos it's shite anyway?

What's bad about it?

Seems to me like you're just blanket calling them all shite 'because it's cod'/mindlessly jumping on the train because that's what the 'cool' gaming kids do.

Nah cod players its a drug to them they release the same crap constantly and guys just eat it up over and over again.

MW2 and COD 4 were the last truly great cods as they changed the multiplayer shooter forever and introduced the crack like levelling system which you are all still addicted to today.

The only good thing about Modern Warfare the latest one is the engine, the engine is superb then they went and dropped it for the other studios instead of using it again.

Bad things.

Time to kill is horrific in all modern cods there's minimal to zero counterplay you die that quick.
Majority of the guns require zero skill, recoil is non existent.
A huge lack of variety in weapons there's always nearly a meta established which requires to use a 1/2 guns with a certain setup otherwise you are at a significant disadvantage.

Nah cod players its a drug to them they release the same crap constantly and guys just eat it up over and over again.

MW2 and COD 4 were the last truly great cods as they changed the multiplayer shooter forever and introduced the crack like levelling system which you are all still addicted to today.

The only good thing about Modern Warfare the latest one is the engine, the engine is superb then they went and dropped it for the other studios instead of using it again.
They didn't drop the engine for MW? They made two different games from different studios. MW is still the same game.
If they're entirely different games on different engines from different studios, how is it releasing the same crap constantly?

The next cod will be MW again and is on a new but likely similar engine, thankfully.

As for being addicted, I didn't play a cod for over 10 years until MW, played CW a tiny bit and didn't even bother with Vanguard after the trial weekend.
Also don't even play MW anymore as I've moved on. But it's silly to call it a shite game, especially with an air of pretentiousness.

They didn't drop the engine for MW? They made two different games from different studios. MW is still the same game.

I'm not addicted to anything. I didn't play a cod for over 10 years until MW.

I never said you did im generalising the cod crowd, they dropped the engine after MW, was that because infinity ward don't want them to use it or not i don't know.

I do know however that the new engine was fantastic and they then released more games using the crappy engines from the other studios.

I hate the whole concept of creating a game series then given it to other people nevermind two other studios the quicker they go back to leaving it just to Infinity Ward and releasing them in 4/5 year periods the better.

Last edited:
I never said you did im generalising the cod crowd, they dropped the engine after MW, was that because infinity ward don't want them to use it or not i don't know.

I do know however that the new engine was fantastic and they then released more games using the crappy engines from the other studios.
That's how cod works. They rotate studios and each one does it in their own way. For me IW/MW were always the best back the day too, although a lot liked Black Ops.
Now it seems they're all quite shite apart from MW.

But if you say the new engine is fantastic, what is it about MW that isn't good?

That's how cod works. They rotate studios and each one does it in their own way. For me IW/MW were always the best back the day too, although a lot liked Black Ops.
Now it seems they're all quite shite apart from MW.

But if you say the new engine is fantastic, what is it about MW that isn't good?

Time to kill is and has always been my biggest problem with Call of Duty and the dumbing down of the shooting mechanics zero recoil, assault rifles that are effectively sniper rifles with 100% accuracy.

My biggest gripe with the series has always been a game which is so based around flanking and spawns the lack of counterplay when someone gets/spawns behind you (if they are decent) you are losing 99.9% of the time.

Kill streaks are a massive gimmick but i'll accept thats a trademark of the series and are here to stay.

If they extended the TTK by a second or 2 imo it would change the game to something considerably better but others will argue it takes too long.

Time to kill is and has always been my biggest problem with Call of Duty and the dumbing down of the shooting mechanics zero recoil, assault rifles that are effectively sniper rifles with 100% accuracy.

My biggest gripe with the series has always been a game which is so based around flanking and spawns the lack of counterplay when someone gets/spawns behind you (if they are decent) you are losing 99.9% of the time.

Kill streaks are a massive gimmick but i'll accept thats a trademark of the series and are here to stay.

If they extended the TTK by a second or 2 imo it would change the game to something considerably better but others will argue it takes too long.
What are you playing where the spawns are like that? TD is pap. But objective games I can't say I've had that issue. In fact with Domination the best play is to hold two flags and not let them get behind you. They won't spawn there if you manage to hold the nearest flag. Hardpoint and Cyber Attack were fun too, and you won't have that issue. Always used to play S&D on the og MW. Haven't on this one but that's the same again - you won't have spawn issues (because you don't respawn).

What are you playing where the spawns are like that? TD is pap. But objective games I can't say I've had that issue. In fact with Domination the best play is to hold two flags and not let them get behind you. They won't spawn there if you manage to hold the nearest flag. Hardpoint and Cyber Attack were fun too, and you won't have that issue. Always used to play S&D on the og MW. Haven't on this one but that's the same again - you won't have spawn issues (because you don't respawn).

Can't play S&D get far too frustrated by some dweeb proning in the corner of a room staring down ADS its rage inducing. (prone shouldn't be a thing either imo but that's probs just me)

Just standard TDM was the main mode a long long time ago when i actively played a COD.

I know S&D has a solid following in COD but it was always a poorer version of a counterstrike mode for me, maybe its an age thing i don't have the patience anymore to be checking every corner for a guy full prone in a corner.

What did you do in the end mate?

Went for the cheaper option, the move ended up more expensive than I had hoped for. Will have to settle for the QLED. What about you?
Which one did you go for? My Tv is currently being fixed and I’m really torn between a few of them. Was leaning towards the Samsung Q80 but I went into currys and had a look at it and wasn’t blown away, I saw the Sony X90J and that looked quite good, but people online have been saying something about it not doing 4k 120? But different websites seem to say that isn’t true. A little tempted to spring for the Sony Q85a but might be too dear.