Gaming PlayStation 5

No mate. Wasn't telling you to make you feel bad. I generally don't mention my disability, but I felt it might explain why I might not be starting from the best place in a game requiring really good movement to survive.

I've got about 35 hours in the game, but that third level just kicks my arse. Especially the damn rocket firing drones.

The third biome is one of the most difficult biomes in the game, IMO. If you can get past that, then that should give you the confidence to continue. I didn't actually find the bosses that difficult. The most I ever died to any boss in the game was twice. Getting to them was a pain in the arse though. I died a lot in biome 3

That Sifu game looks class. Anybody getting it?

Seems to be really difficult. I’ll wait and see how soulsborne it is first. Can’t be wasting my time dealing with that shit.

Yeah.. right now the difficulty and how the game deals with dying sounds pretty appealing but I'm sure I'd quickly get frustrated repeating levels again and again.

Yeah.. right now the difficulty and how the game deals with dying sounds pretty appealing but I'm sure I'd quickly get frustrated repeating levels again and again.
Yeah I’m all for challenging games but not ones where you’re replaying over and over to get back to where you died. Hate that shit. Apart from a rogue lite like Hades obviously. This one sounds a bit different with the ageing so I’ll wait and see.

Seems to be really difficult. I’ll wait and see how soulsborne it is first. Can’t be wasting my time dealing with that shit.

I think it's more Hades than Souls.

It's a Roguelike, isn't it?

This month is so crammed with games I think I'll have to shelve Sifu for the time being. It'll probably be the game I gran during the quiet summer months

Skill up has dropped his Sifu review.

I'll watch it later, but he hasn't put whether he recommends it in the title so don't know whether it'll be good.

The C2 is about to launch I believe, so I would either wait for that if you don't mind paying full price, or wait until the C1's get reduced once it is out. I know some of the new C2 models have a heatsink on them which allows them to produce a brighter picture if that matters to you.
My TV has a random dark patch that I don’t know how to fix. How much are you looking for a C1? And does it have 120 hz?

Looking at the Samsung UE50, has 120hz by looks of it and about 500 pound.

Last edited:
Skill up has dropped his Sifu review.

I'll watch it later, but he hasn't put whether he recommends it in the title so don't know whether it'll be good.

With good reason. It's pretty much the same as the Polygon review, it's seemingly hard to recommend it in the traditional sense as it's very specific. Which makes me want to play it even more, but I have to wait until the end of the week to try :(

With good reason. It's pretty much the same as the Polygon review, it's seemingly hard to recommend it in the traditional sense as it's very specific. Which makes me want to play it even more, but I have to wait until the end of the week to try :(

Just finished watching it.

I'm torn. I'm not very good at fighting games and this looks like you need to have incredible reflexes. But it looks so goddamn sexy.

I know it's relatively cheap, but I might hold off for a sale for this one.

Just finished watching it.

I'm torn. I'm not very good at fighting games and this looks like you need to have incredible reflexes. But it looks so goddamn sexy.

I know it's relatively cheap, but I might hold off for a sale for this one.

Yeah I get what you mean. I love mastering things like this, but I'm not sure how much time I can be arsed to put in. I'm hoping to play it at the weekend so I'll let you know how accessible it is.

Yeah I get what you mean. I love mastering things like this, but I'm not sure how much time I can be arsed to put in. I'm hoping to play it at the weekend so I'll let you know how accessible it is.

This month has so much coming out so something is going to have to give. I'd rather put the hours into Horizon and Elden Ring and I think if I buy this now it'll fall by the wayside.

I can see me grabbing it during the lean summer months and probably loving it.

Still cannot believe there's so many top releases all dropping in February.

As I've already pre ordered the witch Queen on D2 I'll just have to put a couple of months into that then pick up Elden ring or HZD2 in early May.

Ok for anyone debating Sifu I can confirm it is pretty tough but not so much that it should put you off. It defintely has that 'one more go' type vibe and I'm happy at the moment just trying to perfect the first level and not lose more than one life which I think I'll be able to do in another run or two.

A few tips for anyone that gets it -

1) Use your XP on the same skill until you unlock it permanently (5 times should do it) and focus on the ones that cost 500 pts early doors. At first I was putting it into whatever looked cool but you lose them when you die unless you unlock them permanently.

2) The timing on parry is pretty tight. It's easier to hold down the left bumper (which is block) and flick the analogue stick in a direction to evade attacks leaving opponents open to counters. Flicking it down works 90% of the time as most attacks are high.

3) I need to learn to do this myself more but don't forget to use focus attacks on tougher enemies. They stagger them and you could really do some damage before they've recoeverd.

Ok for anyone debating Sifu I can confirm it is pretty tough but not so much that it should put you off. It defintely has that 'one more go' type vibe and I'm happy at the moment just trying to perfect the first level and not lose more than one life which I think I'll be able to do in another run or two.

A few tips for anyone that gets it -

1) Use your XP on the same skill until you unlock it permanently (5 times should do it) and focus on the ones that cost 500 pts early doors. At first I was putting it into whatever looked cool but you lose them when you die unless you unlock them permanently.

2) The timing on parry is pretty tight. It's easier to hold down the left bumper (which is block) and flick the analogue stick in a direction to evade attacks leaving opponents open to counters. Flicking it down works 90% of the time as most attacks are high.

3) I need to learn to do this myself more but don't forget to use focus attacks on tougher enemies. They stagger them and you could really do some damage before they've recoeverd.

Thanks for that. I've been watching this on streams and thinking I would like it, but concerned it requires better gaming skills than I have.

Thanks for that. I've been watching this on streams and thinking I would like it, but concerned it requires better gaming skills than I have.

It's not easy I won't lie but it's fun and you will improve. I can clear the first level now without losing a life. Also you can open up shortcuts on the levels so you don't have to do the whole thing again every time. Got to the second boss last night and nearly beat him.

More features incoming

You've been invited to help test the PlayStation®5 System Software Public Beta. Your participation is very important to us and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Please note that because this is a beta, features and specifications may change prior to the official system software release.

Main updates from this System Software Beta Program:

• PS5 Game Base enhancements
o Now when you start a party, you can select either an open party or a closed party.
o Voice chats are now called parties
o For easier access, we’ve divided Game Base into three tabs: [Friends], [Parties], [Messages].

• New PS5 UI features
o Sort your game collection by genre
o Keep the games or apps you choose on your home screen
o Start Share Screen from the Create menu

• Accessibility Features
o More Screen Reader languages
o Mono audio for headphones
o Check marks for enabled settings

• Voice Command Preview (U.S. and U.K. limited release)
o Feature that enables voice commands for finding and opening games, apps and settings, as well as controlling media playback

Just got Deathloop off Boomerang.

Less than an hour in, but it already feels kind of like a spiritual successor to Dishonored.

Seriously, feck the boss on the third level of returnal. Did they buff it recently?

Level 15 weapons with high damage barely fecking scratch it. Three more attempts tonight and only got to second phase once. What am I missing here? (Apart from the boss with my gun)

Seriously, feck the boss on the third level of returnal. Did they buff it recently?

Level 15 weapons with high damage barely fecking scratch it. Three more attempts tonight and only got to second phase once. What am I missing here? (Apart from the boss with my gun)

I'm used to tough bosses in games. I completed original Demon souls and dark souls 1 and 2.

Couple of months ago I was getting the 3rd biome boss down to a slither of health on stage 3 of the fight. The rotgland gun seemed to work really well in this boss and the DoT ticks used to take off a noticeable amount of health. Last night level 15 rotgland with enduring rot trait was barely scratching it. Hence my question about whether it got buffed.

I'm used to tough bosses in games. I completed original Demon souls and dark souls 1 and 2.

Couple of months ago I was getting the 3rd biome boss down to a slither of health on stage 3 of the fight. The rotgland gun seemed to work really well in this boss and the DoT ticks used to take off a noticeable amount of health. Last night level 15 rotgland with enduring rot trait was barely scratching it. Hence my question about whether it got buffed.
Yeah I remember the Rotgland Lobber being really useful here, especially if its traits improve the DoT. No idea if they buffed it, haven't played it in a while but that would seem like a strange move at this point. Keep at it, I guess. Sounds like you've been away from the game for a while so maybe you just need to get used to it again.

As @Ainu says. Rotgland Lobber is king here. Just drop a shot on him when you can and let the DOT do the work while you dodge.

As @Ainu says. Rotgland Lobber is king here. Just drop a shot on him when you can and let the DOT do the work while you dodge.

But that's what I was doing and it wasn't doing much damage at all. That's what I'm saying. I survived for a good 6 minutes and it still had half health on the first stage. I must have hit it 40 or 50 times. Maybe it bugged out because the dot was so tiny you could barely see it going down with each tick. I wish I'd recorded it so I could prove what I'm saying. I've fought it with a level 9 rotgland and that was doing way more damage than the level 15 one I used last night.

Anyway, I'm a stubborn gamer and I'll keep going, I just needed a good bitch and moan to let off steam :lol:

But that's what I was doing and it wasn't doing much damage at all. That's what I'm saying. I survived for a good 6 minutes and it still had half health on the first stage. I must have hit it 40 or 50 times. Maybe it bugged out because the dot was so tiny you could barely see it going down with each tick. I wish I'd recorded it so I could prove what I'm saying. I've fought it with a level 9 rotgland and that was doing way more damage than the level 15 one I used last night.

Anyway, I'm a stubborn gamer and I'll keep going, I just needed a good bitch and moan to let off steam :lol:
I can't remember the stat but make sure the damage is high, you can have high level weapon doing much less damage than a low level one...

I can't remember the stat but make sure the damage is high, you can have high level weapon doing much less damage than a low level one...

I finally just beat the horrible twat. Had pretty much max health and level 13 launcher with repeat hits. Also had one of those consumable barriers to do phase one without getting hit. Had a large healing and an astronaut to spare in the end. Feel like I just won the league!

By an incredible omission i've never played Chrono Cross- was wondering if anyone here has played it and if the story is part of a larger series or is it a stand alone entry like each FF? The remaster is coming out on the PS5 and Ps4 on 7th of April.

I now have five games to get in 2-3 months after having nothing for ages :lol: :
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (AKA Limp Bizkit and "chaos!!!!")
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Chrono Cross Remastered

I've only gone and killed the 4th biome boss on my second attempt. Was not that hard. Nearly got it on the first attempt.
I can’t tell you how much I struggled with this game on first play through. I’m casually working towards platinum now and play through 1-6 with barely losing health now let alone dying. I cant tell how much of it is due to skill increase and being comfortable with the patterns of play or how much is down to the rogue-lite elements of the game.

I can’t tell you how much I struggled with this game on first play through. I’m casually working towards platinum now and play through 1-6 with barely losing health now let alone dying. I cant tell how much of it is due to skill increase and being comfortable with the patterns of play or how much is down to the rogue-lite elements of the game.

Felt to me it was like one of those games that once you got the flow and hit the zone it just worked so id go towards skill increase.

I've only gone and killed the 4th biome boss on my second attempt. Was not that hard. Nearly got it on the first attempt.
That's my favourite part of the entire game. The way the music swells while you're climbing the tower and then you see it sitting there, playing the organ. The fight itself is such a spectacle as well. An unforgettable sequence for me.

Felt to me it was like one of those games that once you got the flow and hit the zone it just worked so id go towards skill increase.

After four days of playing for at least 3 hours a day I've found myself clearing several really hard rooms in a row without taking damage. So many dodges that I'm doing without even thinking about it. Definitely wasn't making those a few days ago.

By an incredible omission i've never played Chrono Cross- was wondering if anyone here has played it and if the story is part of a larger series or is it a stand alone entry like each FF? The remaster is coming out on the PS5 and Ps4 on 7th of April.

I now have five games to get in 2-3 months after having nothing for ages :lol: :
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (AKA Limp Bizkit and "chaos!!!!")
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Chrono Cross Remastered

Chrono Cross was in the same world as Trigger but was a totally separate story. I played it way back when so I don't remember it too well now, but I don't think there was much more than some knowing nods to the original game.

Chrono Cross was in the same world as Trigger but was a totally separate story. I played it way back when so I don't remember it too well now, but I don't think there was much more than some knowing nods to the original game.
Ah, thanks. Looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.

Finished Persona 5 strikers this morning. Really enjoyed it. The gameplay was faster and more fun. It got rid of some annoying things that was in Persona 5. Still VERY dialogue heavy so I basically skipped loads of scenes. Don’t need to here them talk about food, followed by a sauna for 20-30 mins. Just figure out why I’m going after this person and skipped the rest. Watched the cutscene. More enjoyable that way. Took me 23 hours to complete. I will say P5 story was better. Still worth a playthrough if you liked P5. Played it on easy so there was no grinding either. Thank feck.