Gaming PlayStation 5

Just preordered Horizon & Elden Ring the price disparity is pretty hilarious £44 for Elden Ring, £60 for Horizon.

Looking forward to putting some hours back into my console it has been neglected for some time!
did you get ps5 version of Horizon?

You can get Ps4 version for €10 cheaper and upgrade for free

did you get ps5 version of Horizon?

You can get Ps4 version for €10 cheaper and upgrade for free

Did i read you need to physically play it on a ps4 or something to upgrade it or did i imagine that.

Did i read you need to physically play it on a ps4 or something to upgrade it or did i imagine that.
Think you imagined it. As ar as i am aware doesnt matter you can just upgrade at no extra cost

Think you imagined it. As ar as i am aware doesnt matter you can just upgrade at no extra cost

Must of, i'm too impatient to wait for the game to download the upgrade so ill take the £10 hit or whatever it is :lol:

Have to say I'm very disappointed with Sony / PS5 so far and exclusives on the console.

Best games I've played so far are PS4 ones in TLOU2 and GOW.

I was Xbox for at least a decade and was convinced by their launch to swap over.
How are you not overwhelmed catching up on all the PS4/5 games released over the decade you were on XBox? There's fecking loads...

Have to say I'm very disappointed with Sony / PS5 so far and exclusives on the console.

I was Xbox for at least a decade and was convinced by their launch to swap over.
That was your first mistake. 2022 will be the real start of next gen which has been hit die to the particular. Although there have been a few good games already from what I hear.

Last edited:

That should change this year.

Hell of a month. You got Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, and Horizon. I'm only going to pick one of them as I only like to have one game going at a time, but haven't decided which one yet. I'm leaning more towards Elden Ring, to be honest.

Hell of a month. You got Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, and Horizon. I'm only going to pick one of them as I only like to have one game going at a time, but haven't decided which one yet. I'm leaning more towards Elden Ring, to be honest.
Dying Light 2 looks good but feels like one of those games that'll be on game pass in six months :lol:

Horizon for me. Can't wait.

Question: can I gift a mate a PS plus subscription for 3 months using my console if they are in my friends list?

Managed to pre-order Horizon Forbidden West for £42. Cannot wait to play it!

Ahem, OlliOlli World.

Where have you pre-ordered it from? That's a really good price.

Amazon. PS4 version is £52 & for some reason they gave me a £10 voucher for using the iOS app. Cancelled the original order & applied the discount to get to £42.

When you are all waiting on release day because the servers are getting hammered for the upgrade program and it comes to a screeching holt.

I will have the last laugh! :lol:

Far Cry 6 is back on sale. I just saw it's had a 4th patch now so I might play that and wait a few weeks for Dying Light to get patched as I've heard it's buggy a feck.

Pain in the arse to have a separate account and set that as the primary account to save £15.
I just did it and got Horizon FW and GT7 for just over 60 quid, bought a few new VR games too.... wtf is wrong with me I gotta stop buying games!

Far Cry 6 is back on sale. I just saw it's had a 4th patch now so I might play that and wait a few weeks for Dying Light to get patched as I've heard it's buggy a feck.
How much?

Edit - still might hold back if there is no K&M support yet.

How did you put up with Xbox when you got 5 every 10 years.

2 weeks away from the first of many relax Sony very rarely have the big hitters within the first year of release.

Honestly there's not many games coming out that I'm excited about. Just a personal preference.

Strange timing for this post considering horizon FW, GT7 and Forspoken are just around the corner.

Don't play any of those.

Horizon possibly, but I dislike the weapon choice, bored me to tears and the look / feel of it.

you did it the wrong way around. You should have swapped to Ps4 in the previous gen and then to Series X this gen. D'oh!

Seems I possibly have.

Did you play any of the actual PS5 games? Returnal, Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Kena (ok some are cross-gen but still worthy PS5 titles)? You said the PS5 launch convinced you to get one, so there must've been something that caught your eye.

Returnal I was considering but its a bugfest.

Ratchet is on the wishlist and I will get.

MM yes, short n sweet but very enjoyable sequel, enjoyed its predecessor.

DS games I'm not a fan of, hate them.

How are you not overwhelmed catching up on all the PS4/5 games released over the decade you were on XBox? There's fecking loads...

GOW completed, both TLOU completed. Ratchet I loved... Uncharted completed nearly, have to go back to it. Hades is fantastic. Ghost of Tsushima was visually spectacular and great story too, but got boring real quick due to repetition. Enjoyed all them though.

Just a few other points...There's a ridiculous amount of hype of late around big game releases the last year or so and almost all have failed to deliver and have been complete bugfest s*it shows.

I'm talking about Returnal, Battlefield, Cyberpunk, GTA and hell even this week Dying Light. I don't blame the developers, I think its on the board pushing release dates far too quickly just for revenue and games are riddled with coding errors.

I'm not trying to create a "console war" type sentiment here at all, I'm a gamer and choice of console is irrelevant, play whatever you want. All I'm saying is XB seem to be doing some great work the last few months with game pass, cloud service and acquisitions of Bethesda and Activision. I'm enjoying the PS5, just a little underwhelmed so far with it all as the majority of the content thus far is PS4 remakes and very little PS5 exclusive content.

Whats the bugfests in Returnal i finished with pretty much zero issues?

All great points about xbox but they also have even less great games out currently so not sure what your point is, the benefit from any of those things is like X amount of years away.

Last edited:
You really read some strange stuff on here at times. Returnal is obviously not a bugfest. It had some issues at launch, nog enough to call it a bugfest though and they've pretty much all been resolved. I platinumed it last summer and encountered zero bugs or crashes.

I don't know where you get your information but this is clearly false. If that's what's keeping you from playing it, hurry up and go buy it. It's a fantastic game.

the feck game were you guys playing? it was riddled with bugs. every time i died it took me straight back to the fecking ship.

With Horizon, Elden Ring, GT7 in the next 4/5 weeks its pretty hard to moan about the state of playstation.

Stalker the next big one for Microsoft December is it?

Thats if you count Halo as a full game because they are still trying to patch everything that should of been there from the start now

the feck game were you guys playing? it was riddled with bugs. every time i died it took me straight back to the fecking ship.

:lol:

You really read some strange stuff on here at times. Returnal is obviously not a bugfest. It had some issues at launch, nog enough to call it a bugfest though and they've pretty much all been resolved. I platinumed it last summer and encountered zero bugs or crashes.

I don't know where you get your information but this is clearly false. If that's what's keeping you from playing it, hurry up and go buy it. It's a fantastic game.

Yeah, same here. It was my second most played game last year, got the Platinum in it and had it crash once. Now, having a game like that crash at all is a pain in the arse due to the nature of the game, but it hardly constitutes a bugfest that failed to deliver.

To be honest, all in all, I think the PS5 exclusives have been good. Certainly, when you compare it to Xbox, they've done well.

Honestly there's not many games coming out that I'm excited about. Just a personal preference.

Don't play any of those.

Horizon possibly, but I dislike the weapon choice, bored me to tears and the look / feel of it.

Seems I possibly have.

Returnal I was considering but its a bugfest.

Ratchet is on the wishlist and I will get.

MM yes, short n sweet but very enjoyable sequel, enjoyed its predecessor.

DS games I'm not a fan of, hate them.

GOW completed, both TLOU completed. Ratchet I loved... Uncharted completed nearly, have to go back to it. Hades is fantastic. Ghost of Tsushima was visually spectacular and great story too, but got boring real quick due to repetition. Enjoyed all them though.

Just a few other points...There's a ridiculous amount of hype of late around big game releases the last year or so and almost all have failed to deliver and have been complete bugfest s*it shows.

I'm talking about Returnal, Battlefield, Cyberpunk, GTA and hell even this week Dying Light. I don't blame the developers, I think its on the board pushing release dates far too quickly just for revenue and games are riddled with coding errors.

I'm not trying to create a "console war" type sentiment here at all, I'm a gamer and choice of console is irrelevant, play whatever you want. All I'm saying is XB seem to be doing some great work the last few months with game pass, cloud service and acquisitions of Bethesda and Activision. I'm enjoying the PS5, just a little underwhelmed so far with it all as the majority of the content thus far is PS4 remakes and very little PS5 exclusive content.
Probably should have got an Xbox mate...