PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

That was a very daft action by Rice. I agree with the dismissal but I hope there is consistency with this stuff.

Think it's dropped points for Arsenal brainlessness from Rice has cost them a better result.

Think it's dropped points for Arsenal brainlessness from Rice has cost them a better result.
They may struggle against spurs without him. Then it's City up next. Interesting start for them.

You would and no shame in that. I think all red cards against a United player was undeserved :lol:
No, I genuinely would think Rice deserves a yellow card. Imagine if it was us in Brighton's place. The only issue for me is Veltman avoiding a booking.

That was a very daft action by Rice. I agree with the dismissal but I hope there is consistency with this stuff.
The decison was correct, the problem will arise when somebody else doesn't get a yellow for doing the same thing. As you say consistency. You seem to get these decisions early then they mysteriously disappear as the season goes on.

Referee was very good in my opinion.
Nah he was inconsistent. He didn't give a yellow for the same offense against a Brighton player earlier in the game. We've seen many times where the ref goes over and have a word with the players for delaying a restart. Why show yellow to Rice when he didn't show one earlier?

So Arteta couldn't beat Brighton either? He must be a terrible manager.

Not to mention Klopp, who had 1W 2D 2L in his last 5 games against Brighton. Awful manager.
Stream I'm watching they were giving high praise to Arteta for a "point gained" some managers are lucky to be media darlings.

I know we lost last week but I actually think we did better against Brighton who were at home than Arsenal did today.

Can’t wait for the Arteta love-in to finally collapse. He’s such a tit.

Nah he was inconsistent. He didn't give a yellow for the same offense against a Brighton player earlier in the game. We've seen many times where the ref goes over and have a word with the players for delaying a restart. Why show yellow to Rice when he didn't show one earlier?
The bright player booted the ball 40 yards which would have delayed the restart by much more than Rice (had he knocked been given a kicking and then sent off for the privilege). Zero consistency.

Not to mention Klopp, who had 1W 2D 2L in his last 5 games against Brighton. Awful manager.
Eth is a bad manager and can’t beat Brighton.
Klopp is a very good manager and unlike ETH a CL/PL winner, even if you can’t beat Brighton.

You don’t do Erik a favor comparing the the two trust me

The decison was correct, the problem will arise when somebody else doesn't get a yellow for doing the same thing. As you say consistency. You seem to get these decisions early then they mysteriously disappear as the season goes on.
Possibly because City are already top of the table...

I have no problem with this decision as long as its consistent across teams and across the season. But there is no way anyone in Peps team get such decision.

It is frustrating how little consistency there is for these sorts of things. Kicking the ball away, players standing in the way of the ball to prevent quicker freekicks being taken, goalkeepers spending 20+ seconds on the ground after claiming a cross, goalkeepers taking 30+ seconds for a goal kick. The list goes on. There's tons of annoying actions that happen throughout games that often get ignored. I don't mind refs brandishing cards for these sorts of things. It takes the piss and slows the game down.

Possibly because City are already top of the table...

I have no problem with this decision as long as its consistent across teams and across the season. But there is no way anyone in Peps team get such decision.
Agree about City and refereeing decsions. They have tactical fouling down to a fine art and get away with it.

ETH gets blamed for individual ineptitude, fair game.
Come on it’s not the same. Let’s just enjoy that they dropped 2 points and we have a chance to be closer to the lead pack if we beat the scousers tomorrow.

It’s a tall task but it’s a good start to the weekend for United

Quite like the look of this new Brighton boss. Seems confident, but grounded. Judging this on the post-match interview he's giving now.

One didn't lose with 10 men for half a game, the other got dominated with 11 on the pitch and lost.

I think he probably gets away with it if he doesn't roll around on the ground like he's been shot. Yeah, he got kicked, but his reaction made it an event that the referee had to make a call on and, in that instance, it's his own fault for deliberately kicking the ball away in the first place.

One didn't lose with 10 men for half a game, the other got dominated with 11 on the pitch and lost.
We scored 3 good goals and only 1 of them counted because of our own stupidity.

Arsenal got absolutely gifted their goal, even with 11 on the field, at home, they didn’t dominate Brighton at all, something we managed at the Amex before Maguire’s brainfart.

We scored 3 good goals and only 1 of them counted because of our own stupidity.

Arsenal got absolutely gifted their goal, even with 11 on the field, at home, they didn’t dominate Brighton at all, something we managed at the Amex before Maguire’s brainfart.
You must have watched 2 different games. We got dominated in the second half last week.

You must have watched 2 different games. We got dominated in the second half last week.
We were better until the Garnacho’s disallowed goal and Bruno’s sub, then got played off the park for the last 20 minutes.

If you think Arsenal played better than that vs Brighton in the first half, I don’t know what to say to you, they created more dangerous chances down to 10 men than when it was even.

'Dominated' is quite the stretch. Other than the two goals and Welbeck's header hitting the bar from a set piece, Brighton created very little. It was an even game that we could've won on a different day (had Zirkzee not stretched his knee out).

I think he probably gets away with it if he doesn't roll around on the ground like he's been shot. Yeah, he got kicked, but his reaction made it an event that the referee had to make a call on and, in that instance, it's his own fault for deliberately kicking the ball away in the first place.
I agree with this. Rice was like a Karen who drew the attention of the police only to be punished themselves.