Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been asked but what does SAF's book say about Pogba? It took a few years for SAF to acknowledge the mistake he made with Stam. I wonder whether, in a few years time when thinking about the mistakes he made, SAF will wonder whether he might have handled Pogba a bit differently.

Sorry if this has already been asked but what does SAF's book say about Pogba? It took a few years for SAF to acknowledge the mistake he made with Stam. I wonder whether, in a few years time when thinking about the mistakes he made, SAF will wonder whether he might have handled Pogba a bit differently.

Doesn't mention him.

Anyway, according to Tuttosport, Florentino Pérez has chartered a private jet to Spain for Pogba’s father in order to make a €40m bid for his son. He’s showing Pogba’s father the offer before sending it off to Juventus in the next few weeks, apparently. Is Tuttosport the paper with close ties to Juve? They were the ones that kept going on about Pogba to Juventus when everyone scoffed at the rumour.

Doesn't mention him.

Anyway, according to Tuttosport, Florentino Pérez has chartered a private jet to Spain for Pogba’s father in order to make a €40m bid for his son. He’s showing Pogba’s father the offer before sending it off to Juventus in the next few weeks, apparently. Is Tuttosport the paper with close ties to Juve? They were the ones that kept going on about Pogba to Juventus when everyone scoffed at the rumour.

I can see Pogba leave one day to finance the purchase of a real star player. €40m won't work unless Pogba really wants out for some reason. That would barely be sufficient for a like-for-like replacement these days.

I had (have) him down as a certainty to join City sooner or later - Madrid or PSG paying huge money for him would at least be better than that.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but monthly Pogba quote:
Pogba has told Eurosport: “My time at United was great but I needed more. The players believed in me, but Ferguson ignored me constantly.”

Why we didn't fight tooth and nail to keep him here I'll never know. We couldn't possibly have needed him more.

I think Fergie was probably just a bit complacent.

He believed you should earn the chance to play for United and wanted to see him pick up his reserve performances. By the time he realised how special he was and that playing for a club as big as United wasn't the be all and end all it was too late and his attempts to show him how special the club was and how important he can be were in vain as he had already agreed terms with Juve.

I think in a sense that was Fergie's old school manor and ego, mixing badly with modern football.

Like others have stated he wanted Pogba to work his way up and "do the time" so to speak, but he clearly had other idea's in his head.

I suppose nobody really was in the right or wrong, it was just Fergies decision. Shame it hasn't worked out for us, but then Januzaj has made up for it.

I think Fergie was probably just a bit complacent.

He believed you should earn the chance to play for United and wanted to see him pick up his reserve performances. By the time he realised how special he was and that playing for a club as big as United wasn't the be all and end all it was too late and his attempts to show him how special the club was and how important he can be were in vain as he had already agreed terms with Juve.

Spot on, he didn't like to admit that someone may be above the expectations, therefore deserves special treatment, we've seen him do it in the past. Just a shame that he didn't form closer bonds with the players #tapping up :drool:

I think in a sense that was Fergie's old school manor and ego, mixing badly with modern football.

Like others have stated he wanted Pogba to work his way up and "do the time" so to speak, but he clearly had other idea's in his head.

I suppose nobody really was in the right or wrong, it was just Fergies decision. Shame it hasn't worked out for us, but then Januzaj has made up for it.

Not really. No reason to suggest we'd have let Adnan go had Pogba got games. Look, Fergie got things wrong in his career from time to time. They pale in comparison to the things he got right, but he wasn't infallible. This was one of those times. He was a potentially world class player in a position we were already struggling in. He was already in our ranks. Now I'm not suggesting we should have bent over backways to accommodate him or anything but I feel Sir Alex definitely could have done more to keep him at the club. He was one of the people who had spoken so highly about Pogba. It's very frustrating to see how well he's playing at Juventus while we are playing with one of the poorest midfields in the league when Carrick is absent.

Sorry, I know you didn't suggest that we would have let Januzaj go, but my point is keeping one player isn't really making up for losing another. We should have been able to keep them both.

Sorry, I know you didn't suggest that we would have let Januzaj go, but my point is keeping one player isn't really making up for losing another. We should have been able to keep them both.

Yeah I know. I loved Pogba he was my favourite youth player we had at the time, I thought he was destined to be our new Scholes and was gutted when he left. But hey things happen and atleast we recognised our mistakes from before and signed him up quickly.

I guess at least we can be happy we are producing this calibre of player. Hopefully we have a few more make it through over the next few years.

Yeah I know. I loved Pogba he was my favourite youth player we had at the time, I thought he was destined to be our new Scholes and was gutted when he left. But hey things happen and atleast we recognised our mistakes from before and signed him up quickly.

I don't know if 'signing him up quickly' was even an issue. You can't sign a player if he doesn't want to do that. It Januzaj hadn't been given games, maybe we would have been facing the same situation right now.

Allowing Pogba to go was almost as important a decision for United as bringing CR7 in

if we had just been knocked out of the CL group stages, youd have people on here saying how it wouldnt have happened if we had pogba. an unhealhty obsession amongst some, with a decent player.

Possible one of Fergies biggest feck ups. Doubt we will ever know he truth behind his departure, but he is turning out to be a brilliant player.

Agree, Fergie has come for some undue stick for me on how he left the side but Pogba was a complete feck up by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon there was a Joorchabin type agent that lead to Pogba's demise, who held up the club on Pogbas behalf for gametime and first team wages, thus forcing Fergie to sell the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.