Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would turn out to be the most expensive loan move ever if we shelled out £30m-£40m for him, but he's perfect for us tbh. The only thing is if he returned, he would return 'victorious' over us, as if we have begged him to come back. That said, we'd also win the European Cup in a couple of years so it isn't all bad.

Also, if Juve are saying this, then surely Vidal can be bought for the right price too?

have a lie down there will you...

Id be far more excited about getting Vidal here....

Tbf to Zlatan, I don't think his moves can be put down to greed per se. Of course, he was always going to leave Ajax and go on to bigger things. Didn't Juve get relegated before he left them for Inter? Then moving to Barcelona is the holy grail really, and I'm sure he would have stayed there if things had worked out differently. Milan were skint and seemingly forced him out for the money from what I gather.

I'm not blaming Zlatan - but there are many comments from his agent. I think Zlatan said he wanted to finish his career at one of the clubs he was out, and the agent came out and said "no - he will transfer at least two more times" - that is the kind of guy he is.

In fariness...when Moyes gets his hands on Barkley for 50 million next summer to sort out our central midfield issue or nick powell beats all expectations and becoem the new frank lampard for us.....Pogba will be able to go and suck a fat black dick then
That would be terrible business if it happens.

Bring him back and lets get this team looking like how we predicted it would.. Rather him than Barkley. Have a word Evra.

I'm convinced Sir Alex did it to test his attitude. He failed.

If he doesn't trust the greatest manager of all time, who actually brought him to the club and all but fit him in to the first team, I'm glad he isn't here. Imagine how he would be under Moyes.

Id wish he only tested the 'attitude' of all other CMs. We would have sorted the issue long time ago

£50m for Barkley? Seriously?

was drunk when i wrote that but.....in a couple of seasons Barkley could possibly have a price that is stupidly inflated like the bale price....In Bales first breakthrough season....there's not a fan on here that would have said he would ever be worth more than 20 million.......so i guess that's why i put Barkley down for 50 million once he reaches his potential and everton will probably hold onto him until that happens...and when that happens...City and a few other will drive his price up to stupid levels...Hopefully we could get him with a sweetener with a footballer going the other way before he reaches his maximum sale value in a couple of years

SAF made a mistake and Pogba was right to leave. However taking him back would be a mistake. Trust me you wouldn't want Raiola at OT

SAF made a mistake and Pogba was right to leave. However taking him back would be a mistake. Trust me you wouldn't want Raiola at OT

So by that logic then SAF didn't make a mistake.

£50m for Barkley? Seriously?

I know that the Fellaini fee is an inflated one but considering that he is one of the brightest English (which inflates fees hugely also) and is improving constantly, i wouldn't be surprised for him to go for the upper end of 30-40m if he carries on as he is.

EDIT: Used the Fellaini fee as he was our best player and by the time Barkley leaves (if he does) he will probably be our best player.

Move on. People acting like there's no talent in the reserves. Bloody hell.

I know that the Fellaini fee is an inflated one but considering that he is one of the brightest English (which inflates fees hugely also) and is improving constantly, i wouldn't be surprised for him to go for the upper end of 30-40m if he carries on as he is.

EDIT: Used the Fellaini fee as he was our best player and by the time Barkley leaves (if he does) he will probably be our best player.

He could go for north of £30m but anything remotely close to £50m would be ridiculous.

Exactly. Pogba and Larnell Cole are worlds apart

Spoken straight from someone who clearly isn't open-minded. The irony in all of this, is the following:

Rooney and RVP are better players [than Hernandez], but only in top form

You say Pogba is superior to Cole, but in the Hernandez thread, you say Rooney and RvP are only better than Hernandez when in top form. And that isn't me being condescending, that's me pointing out your agenda... Back on topic, there are some talented youngsters coming up, yet you use Pogba as a prophet-like figure. Ridiculous.

Spoken straight from someone who clearly isn't open-minded. The irony in all of this, is the following:

You say Pogba is superior to Cole, but in the Hernandez thread, you say Rooney and RvP are only better than Hernandez when in top form. And that isn't me being condescending, that's me pointing out your agenda... Back on topic, there are some talented youngsters coming up, yet you use Pogba as a prophet-like figure. Ridiculous.

What are you babbling about?

Pogba is a first team player. A bloody good one. Our reserves arent anywhere near good enough to compete with him. If they were they'd be playing for their national teams.

Hernandez can obviously compete for a place with Rooney and RVP. He has already done so.

What are you babbling about?

Pogba is a first team player. A bloody good one. Our reserves arent anywhere near good enough to compete with him. If they were they'd be playing for their national teams.

Hernandez can obviously compete for a place with Rooney and RVP. He has already done so.

:lol:

I love you.

Fergie refused to be strong-armed and we lost out on a good player but I'm afraid Pogba is a bit of a moron if he did not see that there was clearly a chance slowly emerging.

So by that logic then SAF didn't make a mistake.

No. Keeping and playing Pogba would have been a smart move. He would have matured into a great player and by the time Riola would have engineered a move for him to Spain he would be worth 20-40m. Buying him now for 30m wouldnt be very wise because his agent will do his outmost to move the player away in 3-4 years time.

No. Keeping and playing Pogba would have been a smart move. He would have matured into a great player and by the time Riola would have engineered a move for him to Spain he would be worth 20-40m. Buying him now for 30m wouldnt be very wise because his agent will do his outmost to move the player away in 3-4 years time.

Raiola had already engineered a move when everyones favourite Blackburn game occured. They got what they wanted, a move away and money for the agent. Also if he'd have staied we'd have been dealing with Raiola.anyway time to move on. We have Janajaz and there is still some really good looking prospects starting to come through.

Raiola had already engineered a move when everyones favourite Blackburn game occured. They got what they wanted, a move away and money for the agent. Also if he'd have staied we'd have been dealing with Raiola.anyway time to move on. We have Janajaz and there is still some really good looking prospects starting to come through.
It's very true that not having to deal with Raiola is a blessing and it's time to move on.I wish he'd stayed and been given the playing time that his quality deserved but it was over before the Blackburn game despite Pogba himself quoting that that was the last straw!

Let us not blame Raiola on this. The man would have probably preferred if Pogba remained at OT for a couple of years, become a first teamer and then engineer a move from there. Taking Pogba at Juventus (who unlike us they got some excellent CM like crowd favorite Vidal, homegrown Marchisio and a Serie A icon Pirlo) was a leap of faith. The kid could have easily failed there just as more talented Frenchmen did in the past (ex Thierry Henry)

Pogba was poorly utilized at United and showed that he (and not the club) was right. In fact at Juventus he swiftly become a fan favorite and proved that was ready to play at the highest level. The whole thing was poorly handled and we ended up losing a quality CM at a time we needed him most (we keep spending millions there on poor players). We can see similar patterns in Pique and Rossi careers who left mainly because they couldn't get games here too. It seem that the club had been struggling to come to terms with foreign based youth talent who tend to be less patient but who seem to get less first team chances then the local lads (ex Evans and Welbeck). We were also close of losing Januzaj as the manager preferred Giggs and Young to him. Luckily we seem to have learnt our lesson.

I hope that we're ready to give more chances to our promising kids. For example I struggle to believe that someone like Powell would do worse then the likes of Fellaini and Anderson.

Let us not blame Raiola on this. The man would have probably preferred if Pogba remained at OT for a couple of years, become a first teamer and then engineer a move from there. Taking Pogba at Juventus (who unlike us they got some excellent CM like crowd favorite Vidal, homegrown Marchisio and a Serie A icon Pirlo) was a leap of faith. The kid could have easily failed there just as more talented Frenchmen did in the past (ex Thierry Henry)

Pogba was poorly utilized at United and showed that he (and not the club) was right. In fact at Juventus he swiftly become a fan favorite and proved that was ready to play at the highest level. The whole thing was poorly handled and we ended up losing a quality CM at a time we needed him most (we keep spending millions there on poor players). We can see similar patterns in Pique and Rossi careers who left mainly because they couldn't get games here too. It seem that the club had been struggling to come to terms with foreign based youth talent who tend to be less patient but who seem to get less first team chances then the local lads (ex Evans and Welbeck). We were also close of losing Januzaj as the manager preferred Giggs and Young to him. Luckily we seem to have learnt our lesson.

I hope that we're ready to give more chances to our promising kids. For example I struggle to believe that someone like Powell would do worse then the likes of Fellaini and Anderson.
I am blaming Raiola for this. He came over to sign Pogba with the main aim of getting him to Juventus. We refused to deal with his agent fees but worked a way around it so that Pogba could pay him from his payment package that actually matched everything Juve payed out. If he'd have signed when he had the chance to he'd have played a lot more in the first team I have no doubt of that, probably would have been in that midfield for the famed Blackburn game. Why should we be pandering to their demands. So yes I blame both Pogba and Raiola. Anyway feck em, time to move on. I do agree I want our own prospects to get more first team chances now.

That Blackburn match did really a number on him if what he says is true, his brother have a big say in his career and he's the one who mainly pushed him to leave for Juventus. He mentioned something that SAF told him several times that he was "really close" but Pogba never understood close to what ? Close to a start ? To an off the bench appearance ? He felt ready to play and seeing Rafael start ahead of him was the defining moment.
Evra said he went to his house, spoke to his parents for a couple of hours, trying to convince him and them to stay at Utd, where he had the potential to become a legend.

You pro Pogba guys never mention that he changed his agents 3 times in his last year.

I am pretty certain his move to Juventus was engineered by Viera so that Man City could sign him further down the line. Why are Juventus suddenly acting like they are not able to hold onto their best players when they probably would sell Artoro Vidal or some of their other best players for any money

Had a great game tonight against Real, bossed the midfield. He has everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.