Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real reason Arsenal and Chelsea target Paul Pogba left Manchester United

PAUL POGBA has admitted that his exclusion in a Blackburn Rovers match in 2011 was the real reason why he left Manchester United.

The 20-year-old midfielder signed for Serie A giants Juventus on a four-year deal in the summer of 2012 after failing to break into Manchester United's first-team.
Pogba revealed he gave up on trying to impress Sir Alex Ferguson after being overlooked for the new year's eve clash against Rovers.
"I said to Ferguson: 'Play me, and I will show you if I'm ready or not'," the French international told Telefoot.
"Against Blackburn, on December 31, 2011, I was on the bench. Ferguson puts Rafael in midfield with Ji Sung Park. Then I gave up. I was really bummed.
"I joined Juve to silence people who have criticised me, who did not believe in me and said that I would fail."
The Frenchman has enjoyed great success and recognition since joining the Bianconeri, helping to win the Serie A title last season.
Pogba has continued his form into this term, scoring twice in seven outings for an unbeaten Juventus side.
Ferguson didn't make a habit of oversights, but underestimating Pogba will go down as one of the most obvious blunders in his managerial career.
It doesn't look like Pogba has any regrets about leaving Old Trafford, though, as he looks to extend his contract with the Italian giants, even with interest from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Said this in this thread a few times before, at least now he's finally said it himself and stopped all the other excuses.

I thought he had scored again when this thread was bumped...

And that interview sound made up

I love that his idea of proving everyone at United who said his work ethic was poor and he was still too immature to be relied on wrong is to tell everyone what a fecking shitty attitude he has. "I gave up"- yep he was ready for United's first team.

The whole Pogba thing was the biggest cock up Fergie's made in recent years. If not ever. Its just mental when you actually think about it.

As for that Blackburn match, Park and Rafael? Fffs :lol:

I think you guys should rewatch his carling cup performances and then tell me if you think he was ready at the time to start alongside either Rafael or Park in a 2 man midfield.

It's all good and well saying that he got opportunities at juventus, but I bet he wouldn't have got the same opportunities the season before when they went unbeaten and fought for the title.

I don't know if he would have got as many chances as he did at juve, but he sure would have got chances. Time to move on from this saga. There's a lot more to being a united player than just having talent, having the right attitude and mentality.

It's not as if Fergie didn't know he was talented and not want to keep him.

To be fair, moving to Juventus was an excellent decision on his part, it's turned out to be the right club for him. We didn't think he was ready, he did. Can hardly blame him for moving to a club where he was given the opportunity he felt he deserved, particularly as he's made such a success of the move.

Gonna be annoying if we keep dwelling on that decision for the rest of his career.

Fair play to him, Juventus gave him a chance and he has proved good enough.

People seem to forget that he didn't play that well when playing for the reserves in his last season, which is probably part of the reason he wasn't given the chance. Also, and I've said this before; if you're "tired of waiting" at the age of 18 there's clearly something wrong with you no matter how talented you are, which might be another reason Fergie didn't play him.

We don't know why he wasn't picked, but considering Fergie's track record with youth I'm willing to accept that there was a reason for it. Whether it was attitude problems or Fergie wanting to keep first-teamers sharp by playing them some of them out of position (like he did so often) we'll most likely never know.

Fergie made a mistake. It happens, he's been right many more times than he's been wrong. Pogba got away, he proved himself so far, Lets see how his career continues, his next move could be a bad one.

I hope it's made up as it's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read. "I told Ferguson..." If he did then he's a cock and I'm glad he engineered a move away.

You can understand the impression it gave the lad at the time. Still one of the most bizarre pairings you'll ever see us play. Perhaps he felt the lad needed the lesson of humility.

Jesus this thread is going to be the same six varieties of post, forever and ever, until universe can't take hearing about Blackburn anymore and implodes out of spite.

You can understand the impression it gave the lad at the time. Still one of the most bizarre pairings you'll ever see us play. Perhaps he felt the lad needed the lesson of humility.

Perhaps, but then you'd think if this was the case then Ferguson would talk to him and the reasons why. It's embarrassing for the lad if you think about it. I can understand him leaving and in many ways I think he was right. Can't help feel though if he'd given it one more season then he'd be in the first team right now and playing pretty much every game.

What could have been huh? Getting rid of Morrison and Pogba still hurts me, they are imo United quality. They just both needed football at top level to bring it out of them.

The worst thing about this whole situation is how perfect he'd be in our midfield right now. I remember during the summer before that season, Sir Alex said he didn't want to send him out on loan because he would get opportunities in the first team at United, and he didn't want him to become disillusioned thinking he wasn't wanted at United. In the end, we gave him like 3 sub appearances (which I remember both him and Morrison looked very exciting in) but then no more.
The less said about the Blackburn game, the better though. I will never understand what made Sir Alex think Park and Rafael would be a good midfield partnership at any level of football :lol:

It is one of those peculiar situations where Fergie had taken a stance on principle in the face of all logic, but I have never questioned one of those beauties more than this one, explanation in the upcoming book? Not expecting it, the way he was throwing him on in matches towards the end reeked of "I know I fecked up here and am desperately trying to keep you".

Fair play to him, Juventus gave him a chance and he has proved good enough.

I gotta say, I have to agree. He's scored some cracking goals for Juventus. Oh well...can't really dwell on these things. It didn't work out in the end

There are some positive. At least there hasn't been a revolt from our youth players as we didn't bow down to Pogba's demands and didn't destroy wage structure and bought Fellaini this season. It's not all that bad.

Paul Pogba, the one that got away...

I have no doubt that he will go on to be a great player, it's just a shame it won't be for us.

I'm convinced Sir Alex did it to test his attitude. He failed.

If he doesn't trust the greatest manager of all time, who actually brought him to the club and all but fit him in to the first team, I'm glad he isn't here. Imagine how he would be under Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.