Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to be twice the CM Fellaini is. Will be a bit of a farce if he's the one we end up with playing there, when there are quite a few similarities with them (but also some differences). I suppose its 2 different managers though, Moyes would probably have loved to have a powerful player like him to use
That's the point about fellaini. There have to be more talents like pogba around, so done who can be top drawer in the future. Why not spend big money on them instead of fellaini?

That's the point about fellaini. There have to be more talents like pogba around, so done who can be top drawer in the future. Why not spend big money on them instead of fellaini?

£17.2 million clause in Kondogbia's contract apparently. Thats one of them

Evey time i remember our home loss to Blackburn in 2011-2012, a game where a point could have made the difference at season's end and he wasn't even in the 18 i get so pissed.

I really think we fell asleep on this guy. Unless somethings were going on in the background and none of us knows about it. But then why did Sir Alex had Rio on the case to convince him to stay if he did something so bad where his relationship with Sir Alex was beyond repair?

Yes he's pretty good for his age, but aren't we over-rating him a little yet? All sorts of hyperbole going around in this thread

Ironic coming from someone who is posting for this guy.

I'm commenting on the phenomenon of obsession over this player, not the player himself. I'm amazed it's still getting bumped.

I wish people had been this upset that Pique got away, that would have made more sense to me.

I'm commenting on the phenomenon of obsession over this player, not the player himself. I'm amazed it's still getting bumped.

I wish people had been this upset that Pique got away, that would have made more sense to me.

We were never desperate for a top defender as we are for a top midfielder, which at the moment Pogba if not already then soon will be.

Why? We had Vidic and Ferdinand in their prime and Jonny Evans coming off the back of a brilliant six months in the Premier League for Sunderland at just 19. We were much stronger in defence in the summer of 2008 than we are in midfield now.

Not really, Pique always looked as if he'd struggle for pace as a CB in the PL. Pogba looked like a natural fit.

Pogba also pretty obviously doesn't have the sort of character we require in a player.

Agree you need a certain temprement to really establish yourself in the team, which the likes of Anderson, cleverly and Nani don't have yet, Pogba's attitude stank as Fergie stopped hyping him near the end, in this one i trust fergie's judgement, I don't look back on Pique as such a big missed opportunity, he is the perfect CB for a team like Barca but would struggle with the breakneck intensity of the PL, he left on a good note with Fergie to boot.

There were lots of people upset that Pique was allowed to leave but it was a lot more understandable because he'd always want to go back to his boyhood club. He was another that was clearly going to be a really good player. Football fans dont always see it though and he had lots of doubters and myth makers

Pogba also pretty obviously doesn't have the sort of character we require in a player.
He's all right. I don't get why people say this sort of thing when all he wanted was a club that'd allow him to play football, he didn't do much wrong. Somehow we don't accuse all United players who have come from another club in search for fame/money/trophies of having bad character. Pogba's motivation was more playing time and fair play for getting that.

How laughable is it in hindsight that we were discussing whether he deserved to have got £20k a week only a year ago?

And you base this on his first season of senior football, when he won his league, debuted and is now featured in the French national team and went from being some whispered about potential player in our reserve squad to one of the best young midfielders in Europe?

Yeah, his attitude must stink.

Fergie is not flawless, not even close, and he seriously f*cked up with regards to Pogba. It really is that simple.

No it wouldn't. Pique left when we had Rio coming off the best season I've seen a centre back have at United with no hint of back issues, Vidic was as fantastic and Evans was looking promising. Not to mention Pique looking occasionally uncomfortable with the pace of the league and Brown and O'Shea being as reliable as ever

There were lots of people upset that Pique was allowed to leave but it was a lot more understandable because he'd always want to go back to his boyhood club. He was another that was clearly going to be a really good player. Football fans dont always see it though and he had lots of doubters and myth makers

I think it was more understandable as we also had great defenders at the time. I don't think many will get over the whole Pogba thing until we've resolved our midfield issues with someone of his talent or someone who is just simply better.

I don't get why it's seen as so mysterious that we'd dedicate a lot of time to a thread about a former player who could become one of the best players in the world. He's the sort of talent that could end up being so good that we'd be talking a lot about him anyway, so it's hardly surprising that people want to come in here and see/discuss his progress from time to time given that we actually had him at one point. I'm curious to be honest because I thought that, whilst he looked like of the most gifted young midfielders I'd seen for us, I thought there were huge question marks regarding some very obvious deficiencies in his game.

These were deficiencies that 99% of youngsters have obviously, but with Pogba they stuck out an absolute mile. His development from this point onwards is of great interest to me on that basis, because if he sorts that out properly I think he'll become the best midfielder in the world at some point. He's got a special level of awareness that you'd associate with someone like Iniesta (even if his technique is markedly different), a shot from range as vicious as you're likely to see and the athleticism potentially of someone like, er, Vieira (urgh...). He could become absolutely ridiculous, basically.

Was sort of sick of the saga by the end of it and wasn't too arsed either way, but the whole episode will undoubtedly be something that we learn from as a club. With our current outlook and approach, in terms of young centre midfielders we are limiting ourselves to producing a very particular type of midfield star; one that is way beyond the average level of maturity for their age, positionally adept, extremely good at football, patient, sensible and loyal. Morrison is the one that ticked the rarest boxes there, but didn't tick the rest unfortunately.

meant that United also assess mentatility/attitude and his stank, and still does he's still bitter about fergie, playing or not was not as crucial as his strops that undermined Fergie,. Take it from me if RM or Barca come knocking his ugly attitude will reveal itself, as good as him and Moririson were thye didnt have the love for the club the likes of Januzaj and Lingard have shown with their patience and dedication. MUFC greatly value respect and the like of Pogba, Morrison and maybe even Rooney will be shown the door before the cancer spreads, and I value that more than losing out on such a talented player.

Morrison loves the club, whatever happened, he still constantly tweets about us in a very positive manner. He's even mentioned returning one day.

You're chatting shit.

The biggest talent we have ever lost bar Ronaldo. At least we got a few years and money out of Ronaldo. People often blame agent or the player whatever but he WAS our player so it can only down to us to not keep hold of him.

:lol: you absolute fecking sook.

he's a juve player now so we have to get over with him.

but when pogba and morrison lead the youth team to the 2011 youth cup i thought our midfield is sorted for the next decade. shame it wasn't meant to be.

And you base this on his first season of senior football, when he won his league, debuted and is now featured in the French national team and went from being some whispered about potential player in our reserve squad to one of the best young midfielders in Europe?

Yeah, his attitude must stink.

Fergie is not flawless, not even close, and he seriously f*cked up with regards to Pogba. It really is that simple.

How so?

Ferguson could have given Pogba more opportunities in the first team. That's all the player wanted. Pogba carried the reserves to the biggest trophy they could win, and then wasn't rewarded by going on tour, and barely ever made the bench. The few times he came on he looked great. But Fergie showed no faith in him, so he was forced to leave to get football.

And it's been proven he made the right decision too.

It was one of Fergie's odd blindspots. Because I remember seeing a certain young Scottish midfielder getting games for the first team well before he was ready, and he never looked as good at reserve level as Pogba.

I think we can comment on the actual player and his performances without having to go with that sad and depressing view of things."Oh no we let him go", I think we've gotten it by now that he's left. Let's just stop with this pussy attitude.

It was a 'Fergie knows best' moment. He obviously thought him not worthy of an appearance yet. If he didn't want to wait then good on him for moving on and doing well as everyone knew he could. Even Fergie probably did as well. But you don't just throw away the word and judgement of the long serving manager and expect to be given a shot when he thinks you aren't ready then you suck it up.

THAT is the attitude part people are talking about, not his application and dedication to football.

It was a 'Fergie knows best' moment. He obviously thought him not worthy of an appearance yet. If he didn't want to wait then good on him for moving on and doing well as everyone knew he could. Even Fergie probably did as well. But you don't just throw away the word and judgement of the long serving manager and expect to be given a shot when he thinks you aren't ready then you suck it up.

THAT is the attitude part people are talking about, not his application and dedication to football.

I think that shitty atittude from Pogba can be changed, he is still a kid. Maybe in the future he'll wise up, it's possibility. In the end, everyone won with his departure at the time. It's easier to say that he'd be perfect now but who knew he'd develop like he did at Juventus ?

I think that shitty atittude from Pogba can be changed, he is still a kid. Maybe in the future he'll wise up, it's possibility. In the end, everyone won with his departure at the time. It's easier to say that he'd be perfect now but who knew he'd develop like he did at Juventus ?
I don't think that attitude is a big deal. He just believed himself greatly and wanted to show it on a big stage. How would fabregas have felt if arsenal hadn't trusted him when he was young but ready. And pogba has been justified in believing he was ready to contribute on a big stage because he's doing just that at a huge club.

As far as I'm concerned, we made a mistake. You need to have faith in these these special talents and we didn't. I hope we have more faith in adnan.

People were laughing when he moved to Juve because they felt he'd made a big mistake going to a club that a much stronger midfield than ours. But his decision has been completely validated as it's the faith in him that was his reason for going there and it's worked out brilliantly for him. I don't see issues with his stance to be honest.

I didn't mean to come across as having a pb with his attitude tbh, I meant to write "shitty" and not shitty if you catch the difference between the two ;).
I love a player who believes in himself and can performance too. I like that self belief attitude in general.

People were laughing when he moved to Juve because they felt he'd made a big mistake going to a club that a much stronger midfield than ours. But his decision has been completely validated as it's the faith in him that was his reason for going there and it's worked out brilliantly for him. I don't see issues with his stance to be honest.

I think people are more pissed at the fact he didn't want to stay and fight here, and went against Fergies advice. Then to round it off he criticised SAF and the club when he left.

Apart from that though you cannot argue he made the incorrect decision.

I personally love him as a player, I desperately wanted him to succeed here but what can you do?. Players will always come and go, lets just hope we do not make the same mistake with Januzaj.

I think people are more pissed at the fact he didn't want to stay and fight here, and went against Fergies advice. Then to round it off he criticised SAF and the club when he left.

Apart from that though you cannot argue he made the incorrect decision.

I personally love him as a player, I desperately wanted him to succeed here but what can you do?. Players will always come and go, lets just hope we do not make the same mistake with Januzaj.
Yeah, and that's the thing. Why should he stay and fight here? He has no attachment to ferguson or united. I think we bought him only a few years back.

Van Persie was a complete arsehole at the same age.

Van Persie was a complete arsehole at the same age.

Yes he was and he still is according to Arsenal fans anyway :lol: People can change, the decision Pogba made doesn't bother me. We all won in the end, SAF kept a happier squad, got rid of an unhappy player and Pobga developed at Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.