Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone mention that we probably should've played him last year?

Has this thread been bumped with bad news yet since he's left? And by bad, I mean news that doesn't make his departure seem so meaningful anymore.

He's going to be an absolute beast.

Sent off for two bad tackles in a minute.

Did anyone mention that we probably should've played him last year?

i believed its been mentioned that he was fairly average in the reserves last year... so it was probably a bit of him feeling like it was below his level. Plus why should we play him for the first team if he's not lighting the world on fire for the reserves.

Has this thread been bumped with bad news yet since he's left? And by bad, I mean news that doesn't make his departure seem so meaningful anymore.

He's going to be an absolute beast.

Guess you missed the bumps where 2 times his agent asked for improved contract publicly, once said he might leave next season, or the one time his agent called Conte out publicly and said he had no idea because he fined Pogba for coming late to training twice. Yep.

2nd tackle never a yellow in fairness.

No it wasn't, I agree. But in the context of the play, he had just been cautioned several seconds earlier. Typically that should translate to toning down your play, but Paul didn't.

Of course, he was probably upset about not getting a penalty when Arbeloa clearly held him down in the box. Would've been a legit penalty but I felt similarly for Pedro in the 1st half. The ref was terrible but it was an entertaining match

Valdes, MOTM

No it wasn't, I agree. But in the context of the play, he had just been cautioned several seconds earlier. Typically that should translate to toning down your play, but Paul didn't.

Of course, he was probably upset about not getting a penalty when Arbeloa clearly held him down in the box. Would've been a legit penalty but I felt similarly for Pedro in the 1st half. The ref was terrible but it was an entertaining match

Valdes, MOTM

Very good analysis from the match.You won't see me complain about the ref because he was fecking shit, forgot a pen on Pedro and another on Busquets in the second half.Took ages to book Matuidi and Arbeloa, missed the Arbeloa pull on Pogba etc etc ...
The red card didn't decide the match, France should have showed more courage after the opener.It took the red card for them to play with less fear.

Great timing on that post from Nahealai. Pogbatelli.

:lol:

feck off, Cevno, mate. He showed some cojones with his display tonight against the World and European champions, and here's you at your hindsight best again. For what it's worth, the second yellow was harsh in the extreme. Exuberant from Pogba yes, but nothing to suggest he's a liability or a headless footballer.

feck off, Cevno, mate. He showed some cojones with his display tonight against the World and European champions, and here's you at your hindsight best again. For what it's worth, the second yellow was harsh in the extreme. Exuberant from Pogba yes, but nothing to suggest he's a liability or a headless footballer.

He'll be a very good footballer but then Balotelli will be too and showed Cojones today. Same thing.

No it wasn't. It was a nailed on yellow... he can have no complaints.

I've always thought you have to be a special kind of idiot to get 2 yellow cards in the space of no time at all.

Very good analysis from the match.You won't see me complain about the ref because he was fecking shit, forgot a pen on Pedro and another on Busquets in the second half.Took ages to book Matuidi and Arbeloa, missed the Arbeloa pull on Pogba etc etc ...
The red card didn't decide the match, France should have showed more courage after the opener.It took the red card for them to play with less fear.

The Matuidi thing was annoying me all match, he finally got booked after his 4th bookable offense

Valdes saved them tonight though, Ribery very nearly scored in the 1st half and a lucky reflex hand save on Evra late. I thought Benzema could've done better. Wenger seemed to be drooling over Victor :D

Spain still have scoring issues to resolve despite Navas coming on and completely dominating. Not sure what they intend to do about that as Villa was largely a nonfactor and Pedro had only a few moments of danger. Although the goal was wonderful stuff, started by Pedro and finished by him via Monreal's nice pass. Arbeloa is an exceptional sort of douche :devil:

France has a lot of talent but agree that they probably played it a bit too safe at times. Valbuena & Ribery both played terrific

Valbuena is the most consistent performer from France in the last couple of years.He is a winger and a true playmaker.Jallet looked out of his depth in this match, Debuchy is more dynamic and better

The Matuidi thing was annoying me all match, he finally got booked after his 4th bookable offense

Valdes saved them tonight though, Ribery very nearly scored in the 1st half and a lucky reflex hand save on Evra late. I thought Benzema could've done better. Wenger seemed to be drooling over Victor :D

Spain still have scoring issues to resolve despite Navas coming on and completely dominating. Not sure what they intend to do about that as Villa was largely a nonfactor and Pedro had only a few moments of danger. Although the goal was wonderful stuff, started by Pedro and finished by him via Monreal's nice pass. Arbeloa is an exceptional sort of douche :devil:

France has a lot of talent but agree that they probably played it a bit too safe at times. Valbuena & Ribery both played terrific
What exactly is wrong with Villa? He just seems lost from time to time in games:confused:

What exactly is wrong with Villa?

The easy answer is that no Silva left little support & movement behind Villa against a well organized defense. The double pivot leaves the midfield undermanned which also means Villa will see less of the ball when there's little space in that final third, Villa needs someone to draw defenders away in the middle. Xavi sits deeper although he was pretty high up the pitch early, he just doesn't have the legs to give the movement El Guaje needs to open things up for him. Pedro & him usually link up well but I thought Villa was pretty static and rarely got the ball in a position to do much with it - and the one time he did, his shot was way off the target. Plus, let's face it, he doesn't have the legs he used to when he can beat his man for pace.

Similar problem happens at Barcelona and they fail to create any width, when Navas came on and Villa actually off the pitch, things opened up dramatically. Of course, Les Bleus were then left chasing the match at that point too

Is Villa still struggling to recover from his injuries? Or will he ever really recover? He's not young anymore and he has had some pretty horrific problems - like the leg break. Could be he just isn't the same player.

The doctors say his injury was more serious than first revealed to the public which made his recovery more complicated. For the most part, looks like the same Villa we all remember - minus the burst. Whether that's down to age, injury or fitness is hard to gauge atm. Mentally he looks there as evidenced by how annoyed he looks whenever he is subbed off, physically he just looks like someone who has been on the shelf for awhile. If he were to remain, I imagine he'd be in better shape for next season. The player's quality remains, no question.

The TF1 commentary team of Christian Jean-Pierre, Lizarazu and Wenger is so fecking dull and boring.They're void of any excitement and passion.I watched it on Al Jazeera with Arab commentary and it was miles better, those guys can make a simple moment like a throw- in epic.

I guess it's the American in me but I rather enjoy that team, usually. They weren't great last night, true that but Wenger makes a lot of insightful comments.

Unfortunately, I don't understand Arabic but they do seem excited a lot of the time. There's a youtube clip out there of Iniesta's Stamford Bridge goal that is replayed with a number of different commentaries - the Arabic one is pretty funny, screaming allah over & over

That's a beautiful stadium at St. Denis, btw

A Spanish radio show (that sometimes does know stuff) is claiming that Real Madrid are after Pogba and that Perez has already been to see Pogba's dad. No mention of Pogba's agent though.

A Spanish radio show (that sometimes does know stuff) is claiming that Real Madrid are after Pogba and that Perez has already been to see Pogba's dad. No mention of Pogba's agent though.

If true, the only different outcome in the Pogba saga would be that we would've gotten more money from him when a club like Real Madrid came knocking.

I always hope for some bad news or news proving what a massive cnut Pogba is every time this thread is bumped.

Well, I am semi-disappointed.

Playing very well as we speak against Milan in a midfield trio with Vidal and Pirlo.

class, exact opposite of his last penalty too.

Pogba really impressing. :(

He does brilliantly whenever he gets the ball, but he does seem perfectly happy to have nothing to do with it for big swathes of the match. I suppose it's partly the nature of the position he plays in Juve's Italian system - he has very little to do, but has to get it exactly right when he does. It's a job which suits him much better than a slot in our two-man midfield would have.

He does brilliantly whenever he gets the ball, but he does seem perfectly happy to have nothing to do with it for big swathes of the match. I suppose it's partly the nature of the position he plays in Juve's Italian system - he has very little to do, but has to get it exactly right when he does. It's a job which suits him much better than a slot in our two-man midfield would have.

Well for one we could drop the ancient 2-man midfield.

Good game by him tonight, again.

Vidal penalty kick was one of the best I have ever seen.

Well for one we could drop the ancient 2-man midfield.

Don't let Brwned read this. He'll start mocking you for suggesting we use "ultra modern formations" and dreaming of "fluent, dynamic systems".

United use wingers don't you know and it's the reason we've won everything we have in the last 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.