Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do it wrong - he's lazy, cares only about money and unwilling to put any effort. Good riddance.

I know you are sarcastic, but funnily enough the bit about lazy and unwilling to put any effort is true about him(in the reserves) last season.

Can you blame him though? it's no coincidence that in the space of 8 months he's gone from a United reserve player to a regular at one of the best clubs in Europe and French international, everybody knew his talent and he never got a real chance around the first team. He knew he was off to Italy, the last thing on his mind was probably playing for United's reserves.

Can you blame him though? it's no coincidence that in the space of 8 months he's gone from a United reserve player to a regular at one of the best clubs in Europe and French international, everybody knew his talent and he never got a real chance around the first team. He knew he was off to Italy, the last thing on his mind was probably playing for United's reserves.

He isn't a regular there. He is as of now a squad player.

and I'm not arguing any of that, I'm just saying that calling him lazy and accusing him of not putting him any effort wouldn't be wrong.

he'l be a brilliant player. a shame it was never going to work here at his age with our insistence of playing just 2 in the middle.

He isn't a regular there. He is as of now a squad player.

and I'm not arguing any of that, I'm just saying that calling him lazy and accusing him of not putting him any effort wouldn't be wrong.

Aye I agree, I was just making the point that while his attitude probably stinks I can't put to much blame on him for not giving 100% for the reserves. Such a shame all of it though, we've been raving on about him for years now he's already living upto the potential just a few months after leaving, so annoying especially as he's probably the exact player we are looking for at the moment.

I know you are sarcastic, but funnily enough the bit about lazy and unwilling to put any effort is true about him(in the reserves) last season.

I guess he didn't care past the point when he realised he wouldn't be there the following season. It's not like he had any chance to break into first team anyway and he didn't care because he knew he'd play for Juve much earlier than we did.

Spot on

well put it this way, to succeed at United you don't only need talent, Ravel and Pogba have proved this as their attitude stinked (especially the latter's). No matter how much talent both had, they would be bad apples, and fergie cannot allow that, he didn't respect Scholesy's comeback, one thing being confident about your talents, and one thing thinking that on just pure natural talent that you can replace Scholes.

I believe fergie and co do a thorough analysis on player mentatility, the fact Pogba can't move on, as Fergies has done, proves he had attitude problems. he's not our problem anymore. Why can't he leave it.

I guess we should never have signed Keane then, he cant move on either. Attitude problems.

Think of all the billions posters wanted to spend on someone like M'Vila. We had someone better, now we dont and its a shame.

Also we tried to keep Pogba, so the manager clearly disagreed that he "cant allow that". At the same time I think its clear that we didnt value him as much as Juventus' coaching staff have this season.

well put it this way, to succeed at United you don't only need talent, Ravel and Pogba have proved this as their attitude stinked (especially the latter's). No matter how much talent both had, they would be bad apples, and fergie cannot allow that, he didn't respect Scholesy's comeback, one thing being confident about your talents, and one thing thinking that on just pure natural talent that you can replace Scholes.

I believe fergie and co do a thorough analysis on player mentatility, the fact Pogba can't move on, as Fergies has done, proves he had attitude problems. he's not our problem anymore. Why can't he leave it.

This theory is kinda blown out of the arse, because we actually offered him a contract that he/his agent refused. We still allowed him to play on the reserve cup games till the final, hoping he'd change his mind afterward.

More annoying about this saga is he got less playing time because we kept playing squad player(s) who was/were less talented than him. Fergie and co. have fecked up with few world class talents before (Forlan, Pique, Rossi). So Pogba isn't the only one where people should be surprised.

What is disappointing though, Pogba's/his agent bad mouthing our club, where he was given (free) world class (football and life) education at the most vulnerable time of his development as a player. Why he feels he needs to do that, is everyone's guess.

This theory is kinda blown out of the arse, because we actually offered him a contract that he/his agent refused. We still allowed him to play on the reserve cup games till the final, hoping he'd change his mind afterward.

More annoying about this saga is he got less playing time because we kept playing squad player(s) who was/were less talented than him. Fergie and co. have fecked up with few world class talents before (Forlan, Pique, Rossi). So Pogba isn't the only one where people should be surprised.

What is disappointing though, Pogba's/his agent bad mouthing our club, where he was given (free) world class (football and life) education at the most vulnerable time of his development as a player. Why he feels he needs to do that, is everyone's guess.

United hardly fecked up Pique and Rossi. Neither were going to displace the world class players ahead of them when they moved and wanted moves to play week in week out and in Pique's case to move to his boyhood club. In Rossi's case, the loan move to Parma made him as a footballer. Both developed well at United.

Forlan just did not suit English football and was signed in his early 20's. He had plenty of opportunities but never looked to have the confidence to make it at United. I would not call him world class either although he did have a very good record in La Liga.

Pogba's different as the way last season unfolded with Clev, Anderson and Fletcher all out as early as the Autumn there was a potential opportunity to play him and integrate him more. Still, the contract issue was there from the start of the season and it looks to me Juve were in for him even before he was overlooked and they seem to offer more money. I think his head was turned before the lack of first team games. Either way, he would have ideal to have kept hold off unlike the others.

Aye, while I think Pique is a good defender he was never going to replace Ferdinand or Vidic who were a class above. Same for Rossi, he was good but quite clearly not good enough to play ahead of Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez, then Berbatov and van Persie.

Forlan left after we signed Rooney. We had Rooney, van Nistelrooy and Saha so he wouldn't play much, also there was the then decent Smith on the bench if we needed cover. I actually think Forlan look quite good in his last season here and would have gladly kept him instead of buying Smith for £7m back then.

United hardly fecked up Pique and Rossi. Neither were going to displace the world class players ahead of them when they moved and wanted moves to play week in week out and in Pique's case to move to his boyhood club. In Rossi's case, the loan move to Parma made him as a footballer. Both developed well at United.

Forlan just did not suit English football and was signed in his early 20's. He had plenty of opportunities but never looked to have the confidence to make it at United. I would not call him world class either although he did have a very good record in La Liga.

Pogba's different as the way last season unfolded with Clev, Anderson and Fletcher all out as early as the Autumn there was a potential opportunity to play him and integrate him more. Still, the contract issue was there from the start of the season and it looks to me Juve were in for him even before he was overlooked and they seem to offer more money. I think his head was turned before the lack of first team games. Either way, he would have ideal to have kept hold off unlike the others.

Pique left when he was just 21 y.o. And Rossi went as 20 y.o. It's wrong to think they should replace any of our first teamers at those ages, but there would always be more than enough games in a long season, if United wanted to keep them happy. We let them go with no fuss (proven with how low their transfer fee were) at such a young age, where even the blind man know how good their potentials are. It's a fecked up in my book.

And Forlan WAS NOT a world class? well, that's explained why letting go Pique and Rossi wasn't a mistake in your opinion. Your standard is ridiculously high.

Pique left when he was just 21 y.o. And Rossi went as 20 y.o. It's wrong to think they should replace any of our first teamers at those ages, but there would always be more than enough games in a long season, if United wanted to keep them happy. We let them go with no fuss (proven with how low their transfer fee were) at such a young age, where even the blind man know how good their potentials are. It's a fecked up in my book.

And Forlan WAS NOT a world class? well, that's explained why letting go Pique and Rossi wasn't a mistake in your opinion. Your standard is ridiculously high.

United hardly rotated their defence in 2007/08 and Pique hardly got any games because of how good Rio and Vidic were and the number of games he got that year shows there was not more than enough games for him to develop. United could also have not kept him happy with Barca interested. The move was an obvious one.

Rossi would not have got enough games to develop at United. In 2007/08 we often only played one upfront and he had Tevez, Rooney and Saha in his way before you consider Ronaldo who could play central. Rossi was sure to be sold as soon as we signed Tevez. He was never going to get games at a young age with that level of competition.

I don't think letting either go was a mistake. We had better players in their positions and both would have been struggling for games at United. It was the right moves for those players career at the time. Remember breaking in and getting games in the 07/08 was difficult as it was an exceptional team and squad in defence and attack.

I go with a narrow definition of world class and I don't think Forlan was ever quite that good. Very good player in La Liga no doubt. At United in 2002 he was in competition with RVN, Scholes(02-03) and Rooney for a first team place. He was never as good as them and also had Ole, Saha and finally Smith as competition.

Pogba is different as the spot was there for him due to the level of competition not being as strong and the fact that United had aging performers as regulars back then. Very different to Pique and Rossi who were up against some of the world's best players in their positions and also plenty of good back up options.

If we didnt sign Tevez, Rossi would have been fine

Exactly. But we did. I think it was the right move going on how good 07/08 turned out. I remember being disappointed with the sale at the time after the Parma loan and thinking it was pointless bringing in continental youngsters if they were not going to become first teamers, but I was wrong in hindsight. We could not have accommodated him with the strikers we had and using 4-3-3 more often.

When considered at the time it was made, of course most decision was the right move, as long as it was based on logical reason. We only know if it's a mistake or not, after a period of time usually.

I still don't understand why we didn't try our best to keep Pogba here, given that midfield has been our biggest problem all these years.

Read a recent interview where Paul said that Scholes coming out of retirement signaled SAF's lack of belief in him and was when he decided he wasn't going to stay

Well then he's an idiot. Regardless of promising ability and talent, you don't throw an 18 year old into the deep end when you're neck and neck with your rivals for the title. And I know he's gone straight into Juve's squad (albeit not starting every time) but if he couldn't have waited a few months for all the tension to be over then it speaks volumes about his mentality and character.

I'm sure he will feel he has done the right thing for his career. Time will tell. I agree he should have been more patient but we don't know who was in his ear.

I'm sure he will feel he has done the right thing for his career. Time will tell. I agree he should have been more patient but we don't know who was in his ear.

I think we probably do. It's just a surprise he has an ear left with his nibbling and talking shite (his prat of an agent)

Well then he's an idiot. Regardless of promising ability and talent, you don't throw an 18 year old into the deep end when you're neck and neck with your rivals for the title. And I know he's gone straight into Juve's squad (albeit not starting every time) but if he couldn't have waited a few months for all the tension to be over then it speaks volumes about his mentality and character.

He WANTED to go in because he believed he could. I think that speaks volumes about his strong mentality. Besides, there was moments he should have played but still didnt.

He WANTED to go in because he believed he could. I think that speaks volumes about his strong mentality. Besides, there was moments he should have played but still didnt.

Aye despite the lad's impatience, I tip my hat for his confidence at such a young age. We didn't play him enough and we paid the price. I still can't believe we put Rafael in midfield ahead of him.

If Scholes coming back was enough to send the lad off then the boy clearly lacks foresight.

I'm happy for him. he's in a setup that suits him. Ours doesnt. Let's be honest.

We are doing just about fine.

We'd have done fine without Van Persie too. Doesnt mean I shouldnt have wanted him here

Fact is we signed Tevez, then Rossi was off. We could have given the young player a chance, but we didnt. We are usually among the best at giving young talents chances in the first team but now and again we dont do enough. Rossi and Pogba would be those players. But if you had to write a list of players who were young and coming through at the club who we did give a fair or more than fair amount of playing time to, it'd be a much much longer list.

Not watching the game tonight but I gather from Joey Bartons tweet that he's playing well against Spain.

'Pogba looks a massive loss for Man Utd. The type of player they seem to be crying out for... #bigfuture #talent'

I know it's only Joey Barton but to get any sort of praise against the midfield of Spain then he must be doing something right.

Has this thread been bumped with bad news yet since he's left? And by bad, I mean news that doesn't make his departure seem so meaningful anymore.

He's going to be an absolute beast.

Yes we know he's a massive talent, we know he's doing very well and we know he could have been great for United. We also know that Fergie might could have better but we also know that he was a massive twat. So in the end, we know he's gone and some should stop crying about it

Has this thread been bumped with bad news yet since he's left? And by bad, I mean news that doesn't make his departure seem so meaningful anymore.

He's going to be an absolute beast.

Follows a pretty standard pattern.

"Pogba scored a beauty today"
"Shit, we fecked up there"
"He's going to be amazing"
"WILL EVERYONE JUST GET OVER IT?!11 OMFG JUST LET IT GO. I'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT AND I DON'T CARE AT ALL NOW, HONESTLY!!1 (cries himself to sleep)"

...;)

This thread is pissing me off. It's just a broken record.

Me too. Every single time Pogba does something good someone makes a jibe about it being Fergies biggest mistake or one of his biggest mistake.

I'd say bigger mistakes mistake were not getting Gasgcoine when he was meant to or letting Stam go when he shouldn't have.

But either way, I'm not going to get into the debate of how Pogba was a cnut last year. I always knew he was going to be a great talent no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.