Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop crying about this now? And there is no need to update this thread everytime he scores a goal over the next 10 years. There are so many players who didnt join or left United - but look where we are now. We somehow manage to survive

What the feck? Where did I cry about it? Did I not say "onwards!" fecking hell.

Don't you think I am aware of our history?

*rawr*

And Mr MUJAC nailed it he was average in the ressies that season.

Average in the ressies because he felt he should be in the 1st, not in the 1st team because he was average in the ressies.

Only one thing that could have changed the outcome of this episode, Pogba himself.

He is a horrible creature and this thread should be closed......There is so many young players out there as good as or if not better than him....ok so he scores the odd long ranger.....But with Cleverley and Carrick and occasionally Jones ready to die for the team and in such hot form in our midfield then I don't see what else Pogba could have given us considering Carrick and Cleverley's work rate and the fact they have supplied our forwards to score an impressive 64 league goals so far.....14 more than City and 9 more than Chelsea.

Let's talk about what really happened...

1. He had an outstanding 2010/11 season helping us win the FA Youth Cup and was a major 'potential' talent alongside Ravel Morrison

2. His form in the reserves during 2011/12 was very average

3. Fergie gave him a run out in all three League Cup games and he did ok without doing anything brilliant

4. The game against Blackburn saw us suffer terrible injury problems and Fergie played an experienced international midfielder in Ji Sung Park and took a gamble on Rafael as Carrick played centre half...when it didn't pay off he brought on more experience in Anderson at half-time. Pogba had three sub appearances behind him and was putting in average performances in the reserves. There was no logical reason Fergie would have started him and if anyone should have been pissed off that Rafael was starting it was Anderson.

5. Ferguson offered Pogba a new contract but the agent wanted a 'guarantee' of first team football. Ferguson doesn't guarantee any player a first team place so why would he do so with an inexperienced 18 year old?

6. Fergie gave Pogba more first team experience in the league and in Europe but he still decided not to sign a contract even though Fergie assured him he would get more chances this term regardless of his poor showing for the reserves during 2011/12

7. At the end of the season the agent spoke to numerous clubs and the player and his agent decided a move to Juventus would be better.

8. Fergie once again spoke to the player who refused to budge.

9. The player moved to Italy.

So, that's basically it.

I spoke to another agent who looks after youth players and in their opinion Pogba was 'badly advised' and the United offer was 'in line with other players of the same age, experience and potential'.

So either he or his agent was asking for 'guarantees' that were not forthcoming - understandably - and Fergie was reluctant to give someone a start in an important league game whose form didn't merit it.

When Tom Cleverley was asked about Scholes return...he said he was 'delighted because he had the opportunity of learning from him'...

Pogba left because he/his agent were impatient and wanted to dictate terms to the club.

Other more famous players have tried that in the past and got nowhere.

Pogba just didn't want to play for us so the club let him go.

All this talk of 'the one who got away' or 'we dropped a clanger' is basically bollocks.

Finally, we have the best record in the football league of bringing kids through and giving youngsters a chance. We don't need to look in the mirror at all when it comes to youth development.

Basically, everyone needs to listen to what this guy said, it's pretty much what I've been saying all along as well. People always want to find excuses to blame the club when everything is staring them in the face.

To say Pogba had average performances in the league cup is an understatement, he did nothing in those games to suggest he deserves a PL start.

And his reserve performances were so lazy, they were nothing compared with his performances in the first team when he played for us.

1. He had an outstanding 2010/11 season helping us win the FA Youth Cup and was a major 'potential' talent alongside Ravel Morrison

3. Fergie gave him a run out in all three League Cup games and he did ok without doing anything brilliant

4. The game against Blackburn saw us suffer terrible injury problems and Fergie played an experienced international midfielder in Ji Sung Park and took a gamble on Rafael as Carrick played centre half...when it didn't pay off he brought on more experience in Anderson at half-time. Pogba had three sub appearances behind him and was putting in average performances in the reserves. There was no logical reason Fergie would have started him and if anyone should have been pissed off that Rafael was starting it was Anderson.

5. Ferguson offered Pogba a new contract but the agent wanted a 'guarantee' of first team football. Ferguson doesn't guarantee any player a first team place so why would he do so with an inexperienced 18 year old?

6. Fergie gave Pogba more first team experience in the league and in Europe but he still decided not to sign a contract even though Fergie assured him he would get more chances this term regardless of his poor showing for the reserves during 2011/12

7. At the end of the season the agent spoke to numerous clubs and the player and his agent decided a move to Juventus would be better.

So, that's basically it.

I spoke to another agent who looks after youth players and in their opinion Pogba was 'badly advised' and the United offer was 'in line with other players of the same age, experience and potential'.

So either he or his agent was asking for 'guarantees' that were not forthcoming - understandably - and Fergie was reluctant to give someone a start in an important league game whose form didn't merit it.

When Tom Cleverley was asked about Scholes return...he said he was 'delighted because he had the opportunity of learning from him'...

Pogba left because he/his agent were impatient and wanted to dictate terms to the club.

All this talk of 'the one who got away' or 'we dropped a clanger' is basically bollocks.

Finally, we have the best record in the football league of bringing kids through and giving youngsters a chance. We don't need to look in the mirror at all when it comes to youth development.

Thank you.

I don't think we should blame pogba. We should look more to his agent who has filled his head with crap. People use his move prior to coming here as evidence he's a bad kid which is bs. We could have loaned him out. We chose not to stating it would be unfair.

At the end of the day if the kid is as good as he thinks, I don't think people can blame him for wanting to prove himself right. What we have to do, is try to educate kids and warn them

What we have here is just manipulation. An agent who said just what Pogba thought and that's that. We should have not left outselves in a situation where we say there's an optional year when their isn't. Either way, move on

Let it go. There will be tons of players with talent like him coming in already tomorrow. And to say that he's some sort of star is ridiculous. We will be laughing at this player in a couple of years when he's nowhere.

I don't think we should blame pogba. We should look more to his agent who has filled his head with crap. People use his move prior to coming here as evidence he's a bad kid which is bs. We could have loaned him out. We chose not to stating it would be unfair.

At the end of the day if the kid is as good as he thinks, I don't think people can blame him for wanting to prove himself right. What we have to do, is try to educate kids and warn them

What we have here is just manipulation. An agent who said just what Pogba thought and that's that. We should have not left outselves in a situation where we say there's an optional year when their isn't. Either way, move on

In any event, whining over his departure has become monotonous. The twat was impatient. End of.

It's not really a co-incidence all mercenary twats have that guy as agent.

I don't want to go into analysis that who was at fault for his departure but I am pretty sure that we missed on something special. He has played a lot in a midfield which I think is better than us, in a team that is about the same reputation and history of us, and until now has done brilliantly and paid Conte his trust.

Anyway, we had better players which left or we missed on them. Di Stefano, Puskas, Ronaldinho were all done deals and yet here we are. But, personally I am very interested to see how his career progresses cause I think that he has potential to become one of the best midfielders in the world. The only question is if he will be patient (or more importantly will Raiola not be a cnut) to achieve it on Juve learning from Pirlo and co or will he become new Zlatan changing clubs every year so his agent gets a ton of money from him.

So, that's basically it.

Put this in the opening post please! Well done Mr MUJAC. Take a bow, son!

I don't think we should blame pogba. We should look more to his agent who has filled his head with crap.

What utter shit, I dont know what you were like at the age of Eighteen, but I was perfectly capable of making my own decisions and being what I consider a fairly typical teenager, the more someone tried to tell me one thing the more likely I would have been to do the other.

He is a horrible creature and this thread should be closed......There is so many young players out there as good as or if not better than him....ok so he scores the odd long ranger.....But with Cleverley and Carrick and occasionally Jones ready to die for the team and in such hot form in our midfield then I don't see what else Pogba could have given us considering Carrick and Cleverley's work rate and the fact they have supplied our forwards to score an impressive 64 league goals so far.....14 more than City and 9 more than Chelsea.

:lol:

I don't want to go into analysis that who was at fault for his departure but I am pretty sure that we missed on something special. He has played a lot in a midfield which I think is better than us, in a team that is about the same reputation and history of us, and until now has done brilliantly and paid Conte his trust.

Anyway, we had better players which left or we missed on them. Di Stefano, Puskas, Ronaldinho were all done deals and yet here we are. But, personally I am very interested to see how his career progresses cause I think that he has potential to become one of the best midfielders in the world. The only question is if he will be patient (or more importantly will Raiola not be a cnut) to achieve it on Juve learning from Pirlo and co or will he become new Zlatan changing clubs every year so his agent gets a ton of money from him.

None of those were done deals.

Di Stefano and Puskas would never been allowed to play in England due to FA restrictions and we also had a prohibitive maximum wage in place.

Ronaldinho was supposedly talking to us but nothing was agreed.

I'm not sure what bearing or relevance the 'potential' signings of world class stars in the 1950's has on an 18 year old youth player leaving us last summer?

He is a highlight reel player right now, who has shown talent but people are overrating where he's right now. He will probably go on to be a very good player, but he isn't right now.

He isn't starting most games at Juve either in a team, which suits his style with 3 other midfielders doing the running for him and a league which suits him. There was no way he was ready for our system in this league last season.

The other day against Roma when he had to do the legwork playing alongside Pirlo, he was just overrun.

If we could trick him to sign a new contract with us, maybe we could sell him for much profit later. Just saying.

The only part I had an issue with was the club publicly saying that Pogba cant move because we had a year extention clause. Obviously ended up with egg on our face, but I thought it was a bit of a sly move on our part to try and make Pogba and his agent look stupid. I bet that didnt help our case.

In fairness, it sounds like he's established as a first team regular there so deserves to be paid as one.

No he isn't actually.

He is in a position like Anderson is here right now. Hasn't started any big game, except when 2 others were injured against Roma where he started with Pirlo and got overrun by De Rossi and Company.

His agent is a wanker, I'd nearly feel sorry for the kid, but he picked him. Not even finished his first season with Juventus and his agent is already talking more money. Surely Pogba must feel he'd like to just concentrate on his football, and have his agent belt up.

I'm sure that Anderson is, and always has been (for United) on more than a million euros a year.

Yeah, but then Ando was more ready when signed and had potential to be better.

Anyway, the point is about his Agent going off and blabbering his mouth every week about something or the other related to him. Even Messi's and Ronaldo's agent haven't hyped someone up so much.

His agent is a wanker, I'd nearly feel sorry for the kid, but he picked him. Not even finished his first season with Juventus and his agent is already talking more money. Surely Pogba must feel he'd like to just concentrate on his football, and have his agent belt up.
I doubt it. Agent has likely convinced him he is worth the extra money. In the end the player is the one that is in control of this type of stuff. The agent is just an extension of their voice. If they really wanted to focus on football he would have told his agent to shut up for a while already.

Yeah, but then Ando was more ready when signed and had potential to be better.

And now Pogba has played over 20 games for them and scored 5 times, he's shown he is more than a 'youth prospect' and is more of a first team squad player, so he deserves a new contract.

His agent may be a loud mouth and a trouble maker, but his client does deserve to be paid more than a million Euros a year. It's only right, like when we signed Javier Hernandez and gave him a new contract almost immediately because we recognised that he was more valuable than the contract he was on implied.

And now Pogba has played over 20 games for them and scored 5 times, he's shown he is more than a 'youth prospect' and is more of a first team squad player, so he deserves a new contract.

His agent may be a loud mouth and a trouble maker, but his client does deserve to be paid more than a million Euros a year. It's only right, like when we signed Javier Hernandez and gave him a new contract almost immediately because we recognised that he was more valuable than the contract he was on implied.

Finally someone who actually understands modern day football.

All this 'we offered him a contract, he's a cnut' thing is tiresome. We didn't give him the opportunities he deserved or the contract he deserved and we're paying the price for it now.

We fecked up. End of story. This kid was quality. Anyone who ever watched him would tell you so. It's the same shit in this thread rinse and repeat. The idiots who some how think that every footballer should be so proud to play that that makes up for the lack of a decent contract / playing time verses the realists who understand that football is not nor has been that way for a long time. There's a reason there are extremely few players that stay at lower league clubs for a great deal of time (Matt Le Tissier / Gerrard *if i'm trolling*) being the exception.

People need to get real. If City or Chelsea are offering 40-50-60k a week more than us for a player then 9/10 that player will join them and if any of you were in that situation you probably wouldn't vilify them.

We should have put up and paid the man, given him a contract he couldn't refuse and given him good game time. If he turns out shit the feck it. We off load him or we let his contract run out and call it a 'Bebe' moment. If he turns out like he has now we have a fecking star on our hands that would cost xxxxx million to buy if we were an outside club.

The whole situation was poorly managed from Fergie to Gill. fecking Park and Rafa in midfield? fecking really?

Finally someone who actually understands modern day football.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm in the camp that says that while he probably should have played in that Blackburn game, he certainly hadn't earned first team opportunities with his displays for the reserves or in his first team shots that season- his attitude sucked and we shouldn't really be rewarding that, because bad attitudes are contagious in football.

That being said, no point being bitter about it and saying he doesn't deserve to be better paid at Juve than he currently is. He looks to have established himself there and should be paid what his role/performance merits.

Err then he should have stayed here, since we have a history of upgrading contracts soon enough. :p More than Juve probably.

The point wasn't that he doesn't deserve to be paid more anyway. The point was about the agent being a continuous trouble maker with him having a too big for his boots attitude himself.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm in the camp that says that while he probably should have played in that Blackburn game, he certainly hadn't earned first team opportunities with his displays for the reserves or in his first team shots that season- his attitude sucked and we shouldn't really be rewarding that, because bad attitudes are contagious in football.

That being said, no point being bitter about it and saying he doesn't deserve to be better paid at Juve than he currently is. He looks to have established himself there and should be paid what his role/performance merits.

Almost every single reserve game he was a class above.

I have never seen a more naturally talented midfielder at United (I was not old enough nor is there enough footage to see Scholes at that age). He was un fecking believable. While he was playing there was always the 'shit he's going to do something special here' moment.

People fecking bum raved about Morisson who was nothing more than a chav with a terrible work ethic and a small amount of technical ability and the fact he was English made people massively over rate him.

If you're good enough. You're old enough. People saying he wasn't good enough are fecking retards considering he's just walked into the midfield of one of the best teams in Europe.

Almost every single reserve game he was a class above.

You must have been watching different reserve games to me atleast. Even at Juve he is still a highlight reel player with potential who needs others like Marchisio and Vidal to do his work in a slower league.

Edit - Let alone Morrison, even Petrucci was out performing him after a long long term lay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.