Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said he never wanted to stay? Maybe he just wanted to be paid what he was worth and to play in a few more games. He got exactly that at Juve. He was not after 50k a week. He was still looking for a nominal fee compared to his actual quality.

Well considering he moved to another club, i thought it would be obvious he never wanted to stay at the club because of various factors.

He should have just been patient whilst at the club and he would have got his chances to prove himself.

He is a Juventus player now, so its time to move on.

I know I shouldn't blame anyone, and I won't be pointing fingers or anything, but I knew from the moment him leaving United was official that this is one player I am truly going to regret that he hadn't stayed with United.

Who does everyone blame for his departure?

Pogba. He wanted to get all he could from us and then move on for better rewards elsewhere. Big deal that he scored 2 good goals yesterday, from what I could see the defending was pretty awful. He was also dropped from the team earlier this season for missing training twice in a week. The lad has trouble written all over him, and as we all know with SAF, once he judges a players character to be flawed they are swiftly moved towards the exit. I dont care about Pogba or what happens to him, we have our own players to concentrate on.

Just like Pique and Rossi players are leaving our reserves to go straight into the starting 11 of top European clubs.

Pique was homesick and never fully settled in Manchester, SAF did the right thing by letting him head home. SAF also took the decision that Evans is better for the role he needed in the team for many years to come. I think people are beginning to see that SAF called that one right.

As for Rossi, he did well for Villareal once he left us, but then all of a sudden moved to Fiorentina for a paltry €10 million. Maybe his dodgy knees have finally caught up with him.

We should have offered him a guarenteed starting place and 50 grand a week!!!

LOL DISGRACE!!

SAF GETTING OLD LOLOLOLOL!
cnuts

We should have been willing to offer him whatever Juventus offered him, that's all. Both in terms of playing time and financial renumeration, as it seems to be satisfying him and doesn't seem to be anything too much either. He;s not their captain or anything!

He should have just been patient whilst at the club and he would have got his chances to prove himself.

The lad might be a bit dumb, its becoming increasingly rare that players start making a big impact on the game at a very young age. The physical demands are a lot more these days and people are hitting their physical peaks later in life also. Careers are now extended to a later age. Its only 15 years ago that the age of 30 was considered retirement age. If Pogba paid attention to Michael Owen and what happened to him, he would be thinking twice about demanding he plays first team football straight away. Burnout is a big issue for sports people these days, and the medical team at United know exactly what they are at.

We should have been willing to offer him whatever Juventus offered him, that's all. Both in terms of playing time and financial renumeration, as it seems to be satisfying him and doesn't seem to be anything too much either. He;s not their captain or anything!

SAF decides the playing time, not the player.

The lad might be a bit dumb, its becoming increasingly rare that players start making a big impact on the game at a very young age. The physical demands are a lot more these days and people are hitting their physical peaks later in life also. Careers are now extended to a later age. Its only 15 years ago that the age of 30 was considered retirement age. If Pogba paid attention to Michael Owen and what happened to him, he would be thinking twice about demanding he plays first team football straight away. Burnout is a big issue for sports people these days, and the medical team at United know exactly what they are at.

You are being a little ridiculous here. By that reckoning Rooney is almost ready to hang up his boots, he has been playing top class football since he was 16 years old. I think that it is fair to say that Pogba was ready to play some games in the first team, especially in the light of our midfield quality and the Blackburn at home midfield debacle.

I am not saying that we definitely would have been able to keep him, his agent is an odious cretin after all. That said, the fact remains that Pogba has gone to Juve at a young age and he is making a big impact, his move has been a resounding success for him and Juve so far. We will just have to suck it up.

He's a Juventus player, get over it you gimps.

To be fair, I'm sure there are more posts like this one than ones dramatically lamenting his departure. ;)

Bit difficult to ignore a player we used to have in a position we are looking for a star in when he goes to the top team in Serie A and really hits it off. I'm losing no sleep over it, but I'm very interested to see how he does and whether he becomes the sort of player that would've excelled for us.

but I'm very interested to see how he does and whether he becomes the sort of player that would've excelled for us.

This seems to be the next developing coping strategy, 'yeah he is a good player but he wouldn't fit in our system'.

How much money and playing time did we offer him? It's all retarded speculation.

He's played 18 games at Juventus this season, he would never have got that at United. And rightly fecking so.

You are being a little ridiculous here. By that reckoning Rooney is almost ready to hang up his boots, he has been playing top class football since he was 16 years old. I think that it is fair to say that Pogba was ready to play some games in the first team, especially in the light of our midfield quality and the Blackburn at home midfield debacle.

I am not saying that we definitely would have been able to keep him, his agent is an odious cretin after all. That said, the fact remains that Pogba has gone to Juve at a young age and he is making a big impact, his move has been a resounding success for him and Juve so far. We will just have to suck it up.

I was not saying he was ready to hang up his boots, I was pointing out he has plenty of time to make a good and long career and playing to much at an early age can put that at risk, as what happened to Michael Owen.

He did get some games for us and was not very impressive. The lad needed more time, and now he is possibly reaching the level that ensures he gets a first team place. Possibly this would have happened at United, but we will never know. I agree regarding his agent, I'd say this moved was planned a long time ago. One thing we can be sure of, if he continues to play well and get media plaudits, the same agent will be agitating for a move to Barca/Real/Shitty/PSG or whoever else will pay him a lot of cash.

Yes absolutely we should let players dictate in their contracts how much playing time they get. Nothing wrong can come from that. :lol:

No player is bigger than the club, and i doubt very much a club like ours would even began a contract discussion over playing time. Delusion at best.

The day you allow a kid to decide his playing time by a contract is the day you lose control over your players. Actually, remove the kid bit, its the same for any damn player.

I can see the likes of what happened here happening more and more in the coming years due to the level of players coming through our youth system being so high and the sheer quantity of players we have coming through. At the moment we have players who are on the bench or not getting games at all for our academy side who would be the star player in a lot of the other academy teams

IIRC we offered the same/better financial package than what Juventus were offering.

Who said he never wanted to stay? Maybe he just wanted to be paid what he was worth and to play in a few more games. He got exactly that at Juve. He was not after 50k a week. He was still looking for a nominal fee compared to his actual quality.

We offered to pay him more than Juve.

This seems to be the next developing coping strategy, 'yeah he is a good player but he wouldn't fit in our system'.

It would say more about our system if Pogba goes on to be as good as he could be whilst not being the right man for our team. It's unavoidable though at this moment in time to ask the 'would he work in a 2 man midfield?' question given that his main weakness is possibly the most important thing needed for a centre midfielder in that formation. Can't help but think that it's basically 90% of the reason why he didn't get more game time here - the way we play a lot of the time would demand an enormously special central midfield talent to break into the team at that age.

Some of these footballer are thick so you probably have a point. It does not help that Pogba has a agent who is a bad influence and will have favored a move away from the club, because he would have got a nice agent fee from Juventus so he is a bad influence.

Its amusing to hear people say that he just wanted more playing time. That's fair enough, but he is no position to ask for much more playing time, considering his age and the competitiveness of the league and its up to Fergie/coaching team who starts a game or not.

He's a class act, I wonder how much credit United's academy deserve for his development, the boy will go on to captain France, he's a beast.

Sell him tbh

No need for hindsight or anything, I said when it looked like he might be leaving that he's impressed me more than Anderson. He does seem well on his way to being a top midfielder, hopefully Powell can do the same and being English, stay at the club for many years to come

“Why did Sir Alex Ferguson let me leave Manchester United? You’d have to ask him that, I don’t know anything."

Did anyone post this quote? Well it was all the doing of his agent then.

what does he mean "why did Sir Alex Ferguson let me leave Manchester United?", surely the fact his contract expired would make it very uncomfortable if Sir Alex forced him to stay...

it's not like he didn't say numerous times in press conferences to publicise the fact that he hoped Pogba would sign his extension, but felt there was something going on with the agent and Juve.

He sounds like he's got a bit of an ego

Definitely does.

He has already came late to training twice, and his agent has bad mouthed Juve's coach in the press. Italian media has reported about him thinking too much of himself in the dressing room.

I don't know why people think even if signed this contract, he would have lasted for long ? He probably went to Sir Alex and demanded too much too soon in a arrogant manner.

what does he mean "why did Sir Alex Ferguson let me leave Manchester United?", surely the fact his contract expired would make it very uncomfortable if Sir Alex forced him to stay...

it's not like he didn't say numerous times in press conferences to publicise the fact that he hoped Pogba would sign his extension, but felt there was something going on with the agent and Juve.

Seems like Pogba wanted Sir Alex to go the extra mile. He may end up being one that was worth it.

Not really. The moment we have 20 year old prima donnas in the dressing room, you know something's really wrong. And knowing Fergie, he just won't let that happen.

Well he's had 2 man of the match performances for the top team in Italy so far this season. Thats as many as Rafael, Evra and Rooney have had for us this season. Only RVP has had more with 6

I have no idea about his ego or even the wage demands he made but while he was a United player he should have got more game time. There were times last season when we literally had no midfield due to injuries/suspensions/form and he still didn't make the bench most of the time. He goes to arguably one of the biggest clubs in Europe and is instantly in and around the first team (Juventus also have a very good set of midfielders) and putting in man of the match performances.

I personally think the main reason for him leaving was that he wanted first team football and SAF didn't think he was ready. Im not going to doubt SAF that's his decision but I think Pogba is showing how right he probably was, playing reserve team football was obviously a waste of his time.

He is looking good to be fair to him, but no point looking back, it is what it is unfortunately, don't hold any remorse, wish him the best but we are Manchester United, he is a little kid that is looking good in a league outside of the top 2...

Sell him tbh

No need for hindsight or anything, I said when it looked like he might be leaving that he's impressed me more than Anderson. He does seem well on his way to being a top midfielder, hopefully Powell can do the same and being English, stay at the club for many years to come

Impressed you more than Anderson?? How silly. As good a prospect as he was, he had about 5 or 6 games for us.

That's not saying much. Considering the state that the League is in, Cleverley would have been akin to Iniesta over there. :smirk:

The league is weaker its true, but Juventus have possibly the best central midfield outside of Barcelona in the world. Just to be their 13th most picked player at 19 is impressive, but to also be their 9th best overall performer and keeping up on the goals side of things with Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio who won Juventus the league with their cutting edge from midfield last season speaks for itself. Cleverley would also do well over there its true, but he's 23 and has had a lot of experience compared to Pogba. A combination of the two of them would have worked very well

Impressed you more than Anderson?? How silly. As good a prospect as he was, he had about 5 or 6 games for us.

Not necessarily silly tbf, Ando before this season if he was sold would have had to be considered a failure (I do believe he will be a success though) - But Pogba had every reason to impress as much as Ando, he looks strong, composed etc after a full season behind him I think the lad can kick on and with a bit of luck become very good, but mind you, no reason to say Ando can't

Status
Not open for further replies.