Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an amazing strike. I have not followed Juve that much to say whether his overall game is worth the hype, but everytime I talk to Juve fans, I hear that he has been running games and making the difference. Can be the next Vieira really.

Oh how perfect he would have been for our midfield at the moment. :(

He couldn't play in our midfield two. Maybe someday but he is no way ready yet.

3-man midfields are increasingly the norm throughout Europe, and as a result most of the best youngsters in the world are developing in 3 man midfields. We need to get over this as a reason not to buy/keep players. We don't play a two-man midfield most of the time these days anyway. Rooney and Kagawa both play more than deep/central enough to count as a third.

Now we can say that as Carrick has done a great job so far this season and Cleverley and Ando haven't disappointed much either. But that is in hindsight, and both Carrick and Ando have been inconsistent in the past. I don't he is ready to start day in day out for us either, but he could have been groomed really well and wouldn't have taken a lot of time to become regular fixture to be honest. If you can outshine Pirlo at this age, when he himself is going through a great patch, or at least till the last Euro, you are something to look forward.

Also, we have been really lucky with the fitness of Carrick. We are really out of options for defensive midfield in his absence.

Now we can say that as Carrick has done a great job so far this season and Cleverley and Ando haven't disappointed much either. But that is in hindsight, and both Carrick and Ando have been inconsistent in the past. I don't he is ready to start day in day out for us either, but he could have been groomed really well and wouldn't have taken a lot of time to become regular fixture to be honest. If you can outshine Pirlo at this age, when he himself is going through a great patch, or at least till the last Euro, you are something to look forward.

Also, we have been really lucky with the fitness of Carrick. We are really out of options for defensive midfield in his absence.

That's what really scares me. Look at City, Yaya Toure is absent, but they have Javi Garcia to step in for him. I don't care what anybody says, we are dangerously weak in this area.

3-man midfields are increasingly the norm throughout Europe, and as a result most of the best youngsters in the world are developing in 3 man midfields. We need to get over this as a reason not to buy/keep players. We don't play a two-man midfield most of the time these days anyway. Rooney and Kagawa both play more than deep/central enough to count as a third.

It isn't as simple as just three men playing central. Juve play with two extremely aggressive runners with a third sitting very deep spreading balls, which they are allowed to do because of the runners. Pogba is obviously the deep lying player.

We play with two players who need to be in constant motion and always open for passes, Pogba isn't. He may well of developed to fit that given time but he didn't want to wait. That's his problem.

That's what really scares me. Look at City, Yaya Toure is absent, but they have Javi Garcia to step in for him. I don't care what anybody says, we are dangerously weak in this area.

Garcia is poor, he's no replacement for Toure.

I do agree but the point still stands that at this moment he would be a liability in midfield, I would of been happy to let him develop but he didn't want to wait for whatever reason. Ultimately though, fair play to him.

It isn't as simple as just three men playing central. Juve play with two extremely aggressive runners with a third sitting very deep spreading balls, which they are allowed to do because of the runners. Pogba is obviously the deep lying player.

We play with two players who need to be in constant motion and always open for passes, Pogba isn't. He may well of developed to fit that given time but he didn't want to wait. That's his problem.

I suppose you're right. Of course, I still hold a candle for Anderson-Carrick-Cleverley, which would be a similar sort of midfield.

Garcia is poor, he's no replacement for Toure.

I didn't say that he's a replacement. I meant that at least they have somebody who is defensive minded, to step in.

If Carrick got injured, we don't have a single defensive minded option to step in. Jones wold probably be the closest, but he's not even a CM.

Wanker for what he did to us but gotta
Admit he is quality, watched him 3 times
On ESPN this year and he been best player on pitch every game.

Shame

I didn't say that he's a replacement. I meant that at least they have somebody who is defensive minded, to step in.

If Carrick got injured, we don't have a single defensive option to step in. Jones wold probably be the closest, but he's not even a CM.

They have many Defensive options, and Toure plays a more attacking role for them mostly.

If Carrick got injured, we don't have a single defensive option to step in. Jones wold probably be the closest, but he's not even a CM.

This is right. We really are incredible thin on the ground in that position, by any club's standard let alone a top club. City can play Toure, Garcia, Barry or Rodwell there, and we only have Carrick.

Wanker for what he did to us but gotta
Admit he is quality, watched him 3 times
On ESPN this year and he been best player on pitch every game.

Shame

He's really not. Got offered more money and more playing time by another top club. He took it, and it's undeniably paying off.

He's scored a screamer, but how's rest of his game been, btw ?

That's quite generous though. He's been a bit invisible, to be honest (aside from those two missed headers). Nothing wrong, but he's not been driving them forward or anything.

But then we all know this about him - sometimes he's fairly absent from a game, but he still always has that moment of incredible quality in him.

Wrong.

He's basically dominated this game tonight. Looked good every time so far this season for Juve and it's shown that he made the right decision in leaving. At the end of the day we weren't giving him chances. He goes to Juve who have without a shadow of a doubt a better midfield than us and he amazingly manages to get a good amount of games and chances, says it all really.

Agreed, we are short in terms of backup to Carrick but what's that got to do with Pogba, Btw?

1-0

Phenomenal strike.

Phenomenally shite celebration.

2-0

Nice play to wriggle free of the opponent, but the strike itself was a run-of-the-mill effort. Nothing to fáp to here.

The commentators are still getting a bit overexcited, though. Claiming that he's been 'controlling the midfield', which is entirely not true. He's been sitting and doing the fairly light workload required of him in that deep role well enough, but the goals have been his contribution, really.

This is right. We really are incredible thin on the ground in that position, by any club's standard let alone a top club. City can play Toure, Garcia, Barry or Rodwell there, and we only have Carrick.

Exactly. I know that we all have a laugh on here about all the moaning that goes on regarding our midfield, but it is a problem, whatever way you look at it. I'm still devastated over Fletcher, I absolutely adored him as a player and he gave us so much energy in midfield. He's a huge loss.

Wrong.

He's basically dominated this game tonight. Looked good every time so far this season for Juve and it's shown that he made the right decision in leaving. At the end of the day we weren't giving him chances. He goes to Juve who have without a shadow of a doubt a better midfield than us and he amazingly manages to get a good amount of games and chances, says it all really.

Nope. Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not one of those who minds too much that we lost him - we did our best to keep him, but couldn't offer what Juve could. I agree that he's been good every time for Juve. But he has definitely not 'dominated this game'. The other Juve midfielders have done that job for him, and provided the platform for those wonderful goals.

Oh dear. He reminds me of Balotelli when he does that.

Great goal though.

Wrong.

I saw him once before and he was looking good in attack but dodgy defensively. Been watching the second half and is the same. He stands around many a times and game passes by. Vidal and Marchisio have to do the hard work.

And he has gotten 7 starts there this season, along with 2 cup games and 6/7 Sub appearances. Probably would have gotten it here too.

Is he the best 19 year old in the world at present?

Terrible hair cut though, it is just disgraceful.

Nope. Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not one of those who minds too much that we lost him - we did our best to keep him, but couldn't offer what Juve could. I agree that he's been good every time for Juve. But he has definitely not 'dominated this game'. The other Juve midfielders have done that job for him, and provided the platform for those wonderful goals.

Pogba has been in control of the entire match, a match that Juve have dominated from start to finish. He fits in perfectly alongside Vidal and Gia and has done a job going back and forward tonight, as he has done all season. You're underrating him, plain and simple. He's played one of the key parts tonight for Juve and realistically they should of had double the scoreline right now.

You know somebody is good when they're 19 years old and are managing to get a good amount of game time in one of the greatest midfields in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.