Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this nugget on Soccernet's GameCast of tonight's match... Sigh. Tyler is apparently a Chelsea fan or something.

James Tyler: Yes he is good. Ferguson's slow to promote players.

[Comment from Stephen]
Seriously: is Pogba any good? If so, why didn't we ever hear about him until his transfer drama?

[Comment from Stephen]
Why so much love for Pogba? Is he like a soccer Jesus or something?

James Tyler: Paul Pogba was a crushing loss. One that Fergie truly got upset about. Tells you all you need to know.

[Comment from Chris C]
United if they kept the kid at Juventus now...

http://espnfc.com/us/en/commentary/356584/commentary.html?soccernet=true&cc=5901 (early in the second half)

Just every Juve fan saying Pogba MOTM, super player etc. Involved in both goals tonight.

Great player.

Everyone who ever saw him play for a few games knew that.

By the looks of it he also made the right choice by going to Juve, he really seems to thrive in that team and learning from Pirlo isn't probably the bad thing that can happen to you.

This is getting annoying now. Central midfield is one position we're average in and then we go and lose someone who's going to be sensational. :mad:

Again a superb performance from him. Not only he scored a goal which wasn't allowed (thought it wasn't that much a clear foul), and he hit the bar from 20 meters and then scored the winner, but he was at the center of everything. Practically he was the playmaker in Juve's side, and Pirlo was in game. Best player on the pitch by a big distance.

Chances are that his departure could be Ferguson's biggest mistake in player's management. He really reminded me tonight of Keane/Vieira.

We have Powell anyway who has already scored more goals than Pogba did for the first team.

He looks a gem

This. Plus anyone who watches the U21s and U18s knows that our youth ranks are chockablock full of brilliant midfield talents at the moment. Pogba was just part of the first wave.

Again a superb performance from him. Not only he scored a goal which wasn't allowed (thought it wasn't that much a clear foul), and he hit the bar from 20 meters and then scored the winner, but he was at the center of everything. Practically he was the playmaker in Juve's side, and Pirlo was in game. Best player on the pitch by a big distance.

Chances are that his departure could be Ferguson's biggest mistake in player's management. He really reminded me tonight of Keane/Vieira.

Not like SAF had a choice really.... Vieria has been in his ear for quite some time to get him out of United

Not like SAF had a choice really.... Vieria has been in his ear for quite some time to get him out of United

It's very difficult to judge from outside but I think that SAF had a part here. He said that if he won't play Pogba then he will leave. And then played him about 3 times as sub, while started Rafael's or Park in center midfield. It has been discussed to death, but I think that if SAF really wanted him here (and believed that Pogba can become a world class player), he should have played him more often and thus convince him to stay here. Look at Powell, he has now play as much as Pogba for the first team.

Pogba is becoming brilliant. One of my best mates is Juve fan, and he really thinks that he played every time superb this season. Also, he is convinced that he can displace one of their three first midfielders this season and take their position.

And today's match was pure class. He basically did what Pirlo does in dictating the game, and Pirlo was on the pitch but as a peripheral figure. Also, Pogba's shooting, dribbling and finishing were poor class. In fact in a moment he caught a ball with a first touch that even Berba would have been proud.

I still blame Vieira for Pogba deciding to go to Juve.

Even though I'm still surprised he didn't convince him to join City.

Unfortunately for us Vieira is probably a legend for a young french lad like Pogba.

Revan said:
Pogba is becoming brilliant. One of my best mates is Juve fan, and he really thinks that he played every time superb this season. Also, he is convinced that he can displace one of their three first midfielders this season and take their position.

And today's match was pure class. He basically did what Pirlo does in dictating the game, and Pirlo was on the pitch but as a peripheral figure. Also, Pogba's shooting, dribbling and finishing were poor class. In fact in a moment he caught a ball with a first touch that even Berba would have been proud.

feck.

Imagine What could have been

-----Pogba----Cleverley-------
----------Anderson-----Morrison----

Hopefully Powell turns out to be better than the cnut somehow!

It was a non brainer to be fair. It was a 30+ million decison and we were too slow. Just because his performances for United weren't 11/10 when he did play, doesn't mean he wasn't ready. Sir Alex made his decision and that's final.

People need to wise up. After one game buttner was awesome, better then evra...the next he's not united quality. You can only view a players quaility over a period of time and in terms of ability, there was never any doubt...

It was probably more in regards his attitude and mentality - talent wise he can play for any club. You would see that if half of you watched him growing up in our youth team. Powell? I think we should wait a bit ...

0.jpg

mainShrineRoom.jpg

Well if he keeps this up, nobody can fault him for deciding to leave for Juve. It seems a brilliant choice for him at the moment, and we look all the more foolish for letting him slip.

Win some, lose some!

It was a non brainer to be fair. It was a 30+ million decison and we were too slow. Just because his performances for United weren't 11/10 when he did play, doesn't mean he wasn't ready. Sir Alex made his decision and that's final.

People need to wise up. After one game buttner was awesome, better then evra...the next he's not united quality. You can only view a players quaility over a period of time and in terms of ability, there was never any doubt...

It was probably more in regards his attitude and mentality - talent wise he can play for any club. You would see that if half of you watched him growing up in our youth team. Powell? I think we should wait a bit ...

He doesn't lack the attitude. He has declared that he could be as good as Pirlo, and also has being involved in everything at Juve, overshadowing Pirlo everytime they played together. Also his confidence is high and it seems that Juve really believes in him, in one game at 0-0 he replaced Pirlo in 70 minute. Fantastic decision by him it looks to switch the clubs, sadly for us.

TBF, sounds like he did the right choice. He's playing on a regular basis for a top club and getting the money he wanted. For some reason, Fergie wasnt prepared to do so so he decided to leave.
But he played well now in a few games. Let's see if he can do it over a longer period - he wouldnt be the first one to collapse especially with a dodgy agent around him

Yeh, can't fault him for the decision. It was clearly the right one to make. We fecked up, but we have to move on. Crying over spilt milk isn't going to do anything except make us sad.

His chip assisting in the first goal was as good as any I've seen by Pirlo.

Don't blame him for leaving. If he had been still at United, he'd probably only have played two games so far which would have been the Carling Cup games and would probably have come on both as late subs as well.

When Januszaj and Daehli start making the 1st team this will all be forgotten.

Look it just wasn't meant to be, let's all move on.

It was a great decision by him. I remember when Juventus signed Asamoah, people thought Pogba was mad for going there with the likes of Pirlo and Marchisio already occupying first team spots. It looks very likely that he'll be Pirlo's successor in not too distant future and it's clear now that Juventus had convinced him with the promise of game time - something he'd be unlikely to get at United for the next 2-3 seasons at least. Why wait when he can play for a huge club and win trophies already?

And no, Tunnicliffe will never be as good as him. He'll be lucky to be a PL level player, Pogba will be a star.

I promise myself not to visit this thread but i do it everytime its bumped regardless. Such a quality young player, shame he left.

It was a great decision by him. I remember when Juventus signed Asamoah, people thought Pogba was mad for going there with the likes of Pirlo and Marchisio already occupying first team spots. It looks very likely that he'll be Pirlo's successor in not too distant future and it's clear now that Juventus had convinced him with the promise of game time - something he'd be unlikely to get at United for the next 2-3 seasons at least. Why wait when he can play for a huge club and win trophies already?

And no, Tunnicliffe will never be as good as him. He'll be lucky to be a PL level player, Pogba will be a star.

Please they're different types of player...pogba has that magic - Tunnicliffe is completely different but still a good asisst for that late pen.

The reality is wait and see...

We have Powell anyway who has already scored more goals than Pogba did for the first team.

He looks a gem

I've seen nothing from Powell yet to suggest he's in the same class as Pogba. I really want him to be and I know he's got quality, but don't think we should get our hopes up just yet given that we've not really seen too much from him. He's hardly been outstanding for reserves and his positional sense may actually be worse than Pogba's when he was here (which is impressive given that Pogba genuinely didn't look like he wanted the ball at times).

Please they're different types of player...pogba has that magic - Tunnicliffe is completely different but still a good asisst for that late pen.

The reality is wait and see...

I know you like to big up every single young player at United but seriously, do you see any chance at all that Tunnicliffe will be good enough for United and as good as Pogba?

And Tunnicliffe was actually pretty bad yesterday.

The reality is one is a huge talent and the other looks like another David Jones/Chris Eagles level of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.