Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
He fecked us around and signed for another club. I don't care if he becomes the next Zidane.

He's right, we were offering higher wages than Juve, we just refused to pay his agent.

What was rumoured at the time was Ferguson was more than willing to give him more games last year, but he'd only do it once Pogba signed the contract.

I see. Fair enough. Its insane how footballers think if what you're saying is true. He gets more wages and gets to play at Manchester United but still leaves because his agent doesnt get a huge fee :wenger:

Players can be heavily influenced by agents. Young players especially, they've been with their agents almost all their career and they develop a friendship as well. He probably convinced Pogba he'd get more games at Juventus, which isn't the most outlandish claim he could make considering we started Rafael and Park ahead of him in midfield.

Smalling, Jones, Rafael, De Gea, Welbeck, Powell, etc have all got game time at very young ages, yet people here are questioning Fergie not putting Pogba in because he was too young. It's pretty fecking clear his age had nothing to do with it, Ferguson has never been shy of spending on youth and then playing them. There is more to this than Ferguson not wanting to play him because he was too young. None of us know what was going on behind the scenes.

Exactly. Once Pogba got himself an italian agent he was always going to Italy. Its a really bad move for the kid because the italian league is in such a mess. Most world class players are trying to get moves to top 4 english clubs. If he really cant see the big picture then thats his loss.

Tbh I've always though Fergies one big weakness is possibly his spotting of central midfielders, he's very old school with the type he likes.

It wasnt the problem here though. He always spoke very highly of Pogba. He left ofcourse but SAF not spotting is talent isnt really the reason why.

I think it has been a combination of things that spoke against him remaining with us in the end.

His disappointment that he couldn't get a start when we barely had any fit MCs left in the squad and had to play Park there.

The fact that Raiola likes to move his clients around to get a nice bonus.

The fact that one of Pogbas idols in Vieira told him to go to Juve because it's a great place for French players to become superstars.

God know who else had a word in that decision and at the end the decision was made in favor for Juve.

Bad for us, good for Juve but that's how the game goes.

We also should get away form the thought that it's every young players dream to play for us, there are quite a few teams around with great tradition and history and being able to compete for multiple trophies every season.

Exactly. Once Pogba got himself an italian agent he was always going to Italy. Its a really bad move for the kid because the italian league is in such a mess. Most world class players are trying to get moves to top 4 english clubs. If he really cant see the big picture then thats his loss.

Hogwash. As it stands right now he's breaking into a midfielder that on paper looks stronger than our own, featuring regularly as a piece of that midfield. When he was here he hardly got any opportunities at all. I can't see how it can even be debated whether or not he made the right move at this point.

Perhaps in a year, or two, or five it can be discussed if the course he's on changes (I doubt it). But right now? Absolutely he made the right move.

Regardless of the perceived gulf between the Italian and English leagues at the moment, I'd say Pogba's probably feeling pretty pleased with the move right now. And who can blame him? But that doesn't mean we've made some horrific error. Anderson and Cleverley are both playing very well at the moment, I wouldn't be starting Pogba ahead of either of them.

Plus I'm a massive irrational Daehli fanboy and my entire life revolves around waiting for the day he can play for the first team, so it's one less player in his way! :lol:

Hogwash. As it stands right now he's breaking into a midfielder that on paper looks stronger than our own, featuring regularly as a piece of that midfield. When he was here he hardly got any opportunities at all. I can't see how it can even be debated whether or not he made the right move at this point.

Perhaps in a year, or two, or five it can be discussed if the course he's on changes (I doubt it). But right now? Absolutely he made the right move.

Juves midfield doesn't only look better on paper, it's probably one of the best midfields in Europe ATM.

The whole thing was done and dusted to Juve before the previous season even started. Their was some nice sign on fees as well for both parties. Juve got the player and got him on the cheap. The was rumours that Barca had made an offer that was better but Juve got him for £240,000. We offered the lad 40k a week, 40k which would have ripped our development wages apart. If he'd have signed for us he'd have gotten all the games he wanted and we'd be seeing the joy of it. Instead him and his agent organised a move away for themselves and as far as I'm concerned he can feck off. I'm not losing any sleep over him. Him and his agent fecked us around like Tevez yet everyone here blames Ferguson for it.

feck him and the horse he rode in on.

If Pogba goes on to be world class he will move to England or Spain for the top notch salary

The whole thing was done and dusted to Juve before the previous season even started. Their was some nice sign on fees as well for both parties. Juve got the player and got him on the cheap. The was rumours that Barca had made an offer that was better but Juve got him for £240,000. We offered the lad 40k a week, 40k which would have ripped our development wages apart. If he'd have signed for us he'd have gotten all the games he wanted and we'd be seeing the joy of it. Instead him and his agent organised a move away for themselves and as far as I'm concerned he can feck off. I'm not losing any sleep over him. Him and his agent fecked us around like Tevez yet everyone here blames Ferguson for it.

feck him and the horse he rode in on.

How do you know any of that is true? Its just a summary of all the gossip columns from around the time.

How do you know any of that is true? Its just a summary of all the gossip columns from around the time.

Indeed it's weird where he came to all that. I never saw it suggested that we had offered him £40k a week, most rumours said at the time that we refused to reach £20k.

He's doing very well, starting games and scoring goals... and he's very popular with the fans apparently

Didn't prevent them from losing for the first time in 50 games at the weekend mind!

It was clear to anyone who watched him that he had class, if he didn't want to wait that's his choice. He wasn't ready last season.

Totally agree. Could've easily racked up 15-20 starts for us last season. SAF likes to do things differently, Pogba is impatient.

Didn't SAF say something at the beginning of last season that if we did not give him games then he would leave, the comment surprised me if he wanted to keep him then he should've played him in more games.

I wasn't bothered about Morrison, regadless of the talent...total mess up that kid at the moment. However United not doing more to keep Pogba, regardless of his parasitical agent, was very disappointing.

hey ho..players come and go and it wouldn't supprise me if he slams a couple of goals in against us in the Champions league in the future....now that will really piss people off :smirk:

Didn't SAF say something at the beginning of last season that if we did not give him games then he would leave, the comment surprised me if he wanted to keep him then he should've played him in more games.

A very tight title race is not really a time for Fergie for experiment with players.
But its easy to be clever in retrospect.

Did he say in that interview "I love United"???

Or did he mean Juve by "this club"?

cnut!

How about FA Cup games...or League Cup games...did we not have a good run in the latter?

Europa Coca-Cola LDV Vans Carling Milk Worthington Intertoto Vase Trophy Shieldy Cup was an option too.

Oh and Blackburn at home where we played..well...er two players that were not central midfielders?

Or any other manner of games where were 3-0 or so going into the last 10/15 minutes. Barring some time against Stoke at the end, the same in one Europa League game at home to Ajax and 45 minutes against Leeds...he got nowt else.

Palace at home would have been interesting for example...or starting at Leeds perhaps.

I'm just saying...he was so highly rated...so highly he got nowhere near the first team. Juventus planned to play him in the first team and he left.

"I came here to play," Pogba explained. [Michel] Platini and [Zinedine] Zidane are Juve's history. I want to be the future."

I said it a lot down in the newbs, but I always felt there was more to it than money, or even game time. Pogba had said before in interviews that his footballing hero was Zidane, who had some of his greatest years in the stripes of Juve and I always felt that he moved to emulate him and to play in the colours of his idol.

It was clear to anyone who watched him that he had class, if he didn't want to wait that's his choice. He wasn't ready last season.

He was definitely ready last season that's the problem. Ferguson didn't trust him and preferred to look at a combination of defenders, wingers, Park and a retired Scholes instead. All this after claiming he needed to play the lad otherwise he would be lost. Well strangely enough that's exactly what happened. Pogba didn't even start a game for United last season and I will never understand that.

You say he didn't want to wait but who's to say he would have been starting games this season? Scholes and Giggs are still here, Fletcher is back as is Cleverley and Kagawa has been added. Pogba probably felt that last season was his real opportunity to stake his claim at United.

It's good that he has given part of his side of the story....he even admits he is impatient. The thing is I don't see that as something to pan him for, he believes in himself and he is proving this right now. Ferguson's record with young players is very fine but unlike Morrison, Pogba is one that should not have got away.

Fergie fecked up - it happens. Fergie thought he could ease him into the team but Pogba talent was evident. The fact he resorted to Rafael / Park in the middle against Blackburn must have been galling.

Did SAF feck up or did the fella in charge of contract negotiations feck up, we thought we had a year clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.