Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving one team for another with better quality in his position because he wants to be a starter (then agrees to being a substitute (obviously)) because he didn't get enough game time at 19 years of age in one of the biggest clubs in the world, because feck logic.

He's been on the bench for their first two league games. No time on the pitch though.

They did give him #6, I don't know if Juve have the same tendency as us to only give single digit numbers to better players.

Scholes
Giggs
Rooney
Nani
Van Persie
Vidic
Kagawa

10 and 11 are firt team numbers.

1 to 11 we look like this, as we have no number 9.

--------------------De Gea
Rafael---Evans-------Rio-------Smalling-----Evra
-------------Jones--------Anderson
Valencia-----------Rooney------------------Gigs

Scholes
Giggs
Rooney
Nani
Van Persie
Vidic
Kagawa

Right, 1-11 are typically the numbers of our first team players, like Giggs and Rooney from your list. Though there are times like with Scholes or Nani where they have larger numbers and don't move up. Perhaps it would have been clearer to say Pogba has a 1-11 number than to mention it was a single digit.

Improving players like Evans, Rafael and Valencia have moved their numbers into the 1-11 bracket after being outside it. And Jones as a top prospect was given #4 upon arriving, seemingly as a compliment to his skill.

1 Pirlo
2 Marchisio
3 Asamoah
4 Vidal
5 Isla
6 Padoin
7 Marrone
8 Pogba

He is the 8th choice

He'd probably not start a game here for the next 7 years.

Not looked out of place at all. You can see why he must have been frustrated when all he wanted was a chance.

Once he made Raiola his agent, we never had much chance tbf. He'd have been given some playing time this season.

Once he made Raiola his agent, we never had much chance tbf. He'd have been given some playing time this season.

If he couldn't get a chance when we didn't have Scholes and Kagawa for the first half of last season and Cleverley was out injured, I somehow doubt he'd have gotten much of a chance this time.

A year is a long time for young players, of course he would have got a chance this season, he would be a year older, a year more developed in his game and in the short bursts he had in the first team he looked good enough.

If he couldn't get a chance when we didn't have Scholes and Kagawa for the first half of last season and Cleverley was out injured, I somehow doubt he'd have gotten much of a chance this time.

Has he been looking to get on the ball a lot? That was the main weakness in his game whilst here - it would've immediately made him twice the player had he improved that part of his game.

I don't think it was purely about money. He was frustrated and I can understand that because at the time we didn't have a proper midfield and played Park and Rafael in there ahead of him even though he was relatively impressive in his short spells on the pitch. He might have not got a chance here for another few years, or ever and Juventus aren't a step down so obviously he jumped at the chance when he smelled the opportunity to actually play there as opposed to playing for United reserves.

It was just for one match that Park-Rafael played in midfield ahead of him. People seriously need to stop using that as an excuse, one match cant force a person to make such a big decision.

It was just for one match that Park-Rafael played in midfield ahead of him. People seriously need to stop using that as an excuse, one match cant force a person to make such a big decision.

i think it can because rather then putting a square in a square you're trying to fit a circle...that's enough to for a lot of people. We started to play him a bit near the end but lets move on. No point in it. He will be a quality player, injury permitting.

I don't think it was purely about money. He was frustrated and I can understand that because at the time we didn't have a proper midfield and played Park and Rafael in there ahead of him even though he was relatively impressive in his short spells on the pitch. He might have not got a chance here for another few years, or ever and Juventus aren't a step down so obviously he jumped at the chance when he smelled the opportunity to actually play there as opposed to playing for United reserves.

Really? The league they're playing in is several steps down in terms of quality, without even going into all the scandals and resulting loss of integrity of both the league and that particular club.

Really? The league they're playing in is several steps down in terms of quality, without even going into all the scandals and resulting loss of integrity of both the league and that particular club.

Don't summarize a whole league. The latest bit of match fixing was in the lower leagues. Serie A is still a highly competitive league with world class players throughout the teams. And Juve is currently the cream of the crop.

It's massive for him to get the start and in a side many on here though he'd never break. And by all accounts, he made a big impression. He left here because he wasn't going to play many minutes and knowing Fergie's view on central players, he would probably have been loaned out this season.

The boy has an ego and skills to match. It didn't work out here. Rossi felt the same way and left. To a lesser extent, Pique was the same.

We aren't the perfect youth club. We're better than loads, but world class players slip through every couple years as they do at other clubs (Cesc and Barca).

The past year has been the most disappointing as we lost our two best prospects, but Kagawa is wonderful and there will be other young players coming through to replace those we lost.

Pogba had a fair few chances after the Rafael-Park thing, and he could see that United were a club who brought through young players. To suggest that it was the deciding factor for Pogba is not only a massive stretch of the imagination, it's also most likely incorrect.

We mightn't have bought Powell if Pogba had stayed, and Pogba would probably have been getting similar amounts of game time to what Powell is getting this season - arguably more so. A loan would have been a reasonable solution too.

How is he doing for Juventus? Getting chances to play? I haven't had time to check out a lot of Serie A this season.

I only watched the second half, he looked really comfortable on the ball, could defend, kinda demanded the ball a bit more and there was this good long ball break to quaggy too, i thought Pogba was decent, there was a this misplaced pass due to a lapse of concentration but none of the opposition could take the ball off him, he also has pace, this time he was being dribbled past by a winger, he just shouldered him off with pace Viera style.

He'll turn out to be a quality player, sadly its not for us.

Pogba had a fair few chances after the Rafael-Park thing, and he could see that United were a club who brought through young players. To suggest that it was the deciding factor for Pogba is not only a massive stretch of the imagination, it's also most likely incorrect.

We mightn't have bought Powell if Pogba had stayed, and Pogba would probably have been getting similar amounts of game time to what Powell is getting this season - arguably more so. A loan would have been a reasonable solution too.

After the Park-Rafael thing he played against Stoke and Atletic Bilbao, impressing both times. There were plenty of other opportunities to give him a run out, but we didn't do so.

He'll now feel that he made the right decision as he is starting to get game time at Juve, who are looking very strong.

He also played vs. West Brom iirc.

I see it that SAF was offering him some encouragement by giving him a few run outs and including him in the matchday squad (ahead of more established pros at times) on a semi regularly basis. It was clear sign that SAF was saying to Pogba he had a big future here. If Pogba had responded positively there would have been more and more opportunities. He put the club in a precarious position by (presumably) saying he wants to play more, but also engineering a move to Juve. Are we supposed to play an 18 year old in important matches if it's clear he is going to leave?

We'll see in 4-5 years if he regrets leaving United.

for those saying he didn't get any chances or opportunities. he featured in and amongst the first team a lot more often than anyone else at Reserve level last season. he had Rio's arm around him and was encouraged by SAF...nobody to blame except himself over his decision. greedy and impatient imho.

we should and could've played him more when we were ridiculously short in mf. Having said that, I can't help feel that he'd've wanted away before long anyway. He seems that type of person or his agent is....but now we have Powell who appears to be at least as promising and more likely to settle. All endeth well.

Status
Not open for further replies.