Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the journo who did that interview with him he also made these comments;

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
In my exclusive interview for Sky Sport Italy, Pogba on Ferguson:"Whenever he says something,he is always right. He's 'Boss' for a reason"

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
From my interview to Pogba for Sky Sport Italy:"Watching Paul Scholes has been the best thing.Ferguson told me:"Look at him,learn from him"

Frustrating to read now hes officially left.

I'm miffed about this and bitter as feck, because I know this kid is gonna be a top player. Makes you wonder should we have just given him 20k and swollowwd our pride?? How much do you reckon Powell is on?

I'm miffed about this and bitter as feck, because I know this kid is gonna be a top player. Makes you wonder should we have just given him 20k and swollowwd our pride?? How much do you reckon Powell is on?

Can you still sleep at night?

If you have a hard time dealing with this, what the hell happened once you found out we sold Ronaldo?

Should have been thrown into the deep end imo. easy to say now but its just another player who wasn't destined to play a big part in our history. Oh well.

In today's world if a player shows talent and is worth it, you give it. 20k isn't that much considering we would have loaned him out for this "in-between" season to get experience and make that club pay half the wages. By the time he returns, he has a year under him and he's ready to earn playing time against the big boys. Then he's worth the 20k.

Can you still sleep at night?

If you have a hard time dealing with this, what the hell happened once you found out we sold Ronaldo?

Ba boom! You Eddie Murphy?

Ronaldo was easier to take as he gave us 6 years and we got good money. We did right by him and he did right by us.

We didn't even play Pogba and have now lost him over a poxy 20k a week!

Ba boom! You Eddie Murphy?

Ronaldo was easier to take as he gave us 6 years and we got good money. We did right by him and he did right by us.

We didn't even play Pogba and have now lost him over a poxy 20k a week!

And what exactly did Pogba give us? DOesnt make sense to me to be less annoyed with the Ronnie sale

Complaining about he left is silly. It's like a man crying why his girlfriend who he stole from another man has just left him too.

I really hate it when people use these types of examples to suggest why we shouldn't feel aggrieved. For me, it's an oversimplification than gets rid of the nuances involved.

Everyone expects a very good player to eventually make the move to a top club, and doing it as a youngster of course he'd want to. No-one criticizes a youngster for making a move to a top club.

But what really pisses me off is that he's now gone sideways, or even backwards slightly, when the club who busted their balls to get him, still wanted him and were offering him first team action.

It's okay to make your big move from say MK Dons, but once your get to Manchester United, and they want to keep you, you don't move sideways to a club you never loved, and sideways. I'd be fine if he went to Wigan, or Everton even, if he thought he couldn't make it.

But making 2 big moves in your career, and when there's little to choose between them, despite both clubs wanting you, you stay at the one who busted their ass illegally to sign you.

It's like a random stranger getting picked up by Angelina Jolie, and then after 3-4 years dumping her ass purely because you think Jennifer Aniston looks better, despite there being no problems.

We were his big move. You aren't meant to make a big move, then a lateral move, when both of those big clubs want you. Especially when your reason is playing time, and they are going to loan you (like we might've) /it would be harder to break into Juve's than our midfield.

I'd have expected him to impose himself more in this game. Quiet enough but he is playing deep. I'm more impressed with the French number 8.

And meh, if he wanted to go leave him off. Plenty more players out there unto the challenge with us. Talent will only get you so far.

I see the talent that he obviously has but I didn't think he had a very remarkable match...Didn't realize he was that big...Had a moment of brilliance with a perfectly lofted lob that the striker poorly handled - could've been the game winner

I see the talent that he obviously has but I didn't think he had a very remarkable match...Didn't realize he was that big...Had a moment of brilliance with a perfectly lofted lob that the striker poorly handled - could've been the game winner

Sounds like a typical Pogba performance.

Rewatching that France/Spain game, could have done more but that ball at the death was special, the striker fecked it up (I swear he missed his penalty too smh). Was also a good penalty, right in the bottom corner.

Juventus could prove to be a genius destination and get tutored by none other than Pirlo himself on better decision making

Pirlo ain't better then Scholes....It's beyond stupid. Italy in the 90's is fine. In 2012, it's a bizarre decision but if a player is happy to play in a corrupt league? What can you do? Nothing genius about it. He was at United not some small club....

Pirlo ain't better then Scholes....It's beyond stupid. Italy in the 90's is fine. In 2012, it's a bizarre decision but if a player is happy to play in a corrupt league? What can you do? Nothing genius about it. He was at United not some small club....

Of course, had he stayed...I was merely pointing out that it could still end up being a good move for the player...Maybe he thought he wasn't going to see first team football soon enough because I imagine he'll see it sooner with Juventus

Plus, he's a Parisien...Not sure all this time in Manchester makes a player like that feel settled at that age...But judging from his on field demeanor, seems a bit cocky so perhaps it was the money or desire for first team footy sooner

Rewatching that France/Spain game, could have done more but that ball at the death was special, the striker fecked it up (I swear he missed his penalty too smh). Was also a good penalty, right in the bottom corner.

Lovely ball that he flicked with the outside of his boot, as well :eek:

Of course, had he stayed...I was merely pointing out that it could still end up being a good move for the player...Maybe he thought he wasn't going to see first team football soon enough because I imagine he'll see it sooner with Juventus

Plus, he's a Parisien...Not sure all this time in Manchester makes a player like that feel settled at that age...But judging from his on field demeanor, seems a bit cocky so perhaps it was the money or desire for first team footy sooner

I dont see how he has a better chance of getting football at Juve than he had here. They have a much better midfield than ours.

I dont see how he has a better chance of getting football at Juve than he had here. They have a much better midfield than ours.

Yeah, not sure...Figured it was either about playing time or money because as an earlier poster mentioned, this was at best a sideways move...Ahh, Pizzaboy is the agent - nevermind

Yeah, not sure...Figured it was either about playing time or money because as an earlier poster mentioned, this was at best a sideways move...Ahh, Pizzaboy is the agent - nevermind

Think its a step down personally. I dont blame the agents either. Pogba isnt some 10yr old who doesnt understand things. Mature enough to know what is good and whats not for him. Got lured by better wages.

I think he might have got it sooner here but it's a tough one to call. He's only 19, for me he's been very rash.

Think its a step down personally. I dont blame the agents either. Pogba isnt some 10yr old who doesnt understand things. Mature enough to know what is good and whats not for him. Got lured by better wages.

Don't underestimate how much the Pizza boy orchestrates moves to generate more revenue for him & his clients - irrespective of the fallout

I'm remembering this signing for United better now, he was signed under pretty contentious circumstances as well which is never a harbinger of good things to come

Don't underestimate how much the Pizza boy orchestrates moves to generate more revenue for him & his clients - irrespective of the fallout

Exactly, no accident that Ibrahimovic fecking moves every season or two.

I'm remembering this signing for United better now, he was signed under pretty contentious circumstances as well which is never a harbinger of good things to come

Yes but that move was understandable as he fecked over his previous club to join one of the best clubs in the world. Happens a lot. But Utd to Juve is weird over few extra thousands a week.

But yeah, his agent had a huge part to play. Just that am shocked guys that age are so gullible.

But yeah, his agent had a huge part to play. Just that am shocked guys that age are so gullible.

Sure there are plenty of gullible people out there but you or probably anyone here does not know or understand the dynamic of this part of football, not insulting you just saying that these things are open to conjecture only.

Status
Not open for further replies.