Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure there are plenty of gullible people out there but you or probably anyone here does not know or understand the dynamic of this part of football, not insulting you just saying that these things are open to conjecture only.

Didnt get what you mean. You mean people dont understand the dynamics of how/why further higher wages are so important to 18yr old kids who already earn a hefty amount?

Didnt get what you mean. You mean people dont understand the dynamics of how/why further higher wages are so important to 18yr old kids who already earn a hefty amount?

No I mean all footballers aren't so gullible as people here seem to think.

Its not all fat greedy agents doings.

No I mean all footballers aren't so gullible as people here seem to think.

Its not all fat greedy agents doings.

Yep, thats what i said earlier in the thread. Blaming the agents for everything isnt right. The players in question isnt some 7yr old kid.

Raiola said this yesterday : "Zlatan was convinced to stay (in January) but I was not convinced."

Nothing to do with Pogba, but it says a lot about him.

Raiola said this yesterday : "Zlatan was convinced to stay (in January) but I was not convinced."

Nothing to do with Pogba, but it says a lot about him.

To be fair to Pogba, if he is not a United fan then it is a case of a bird in hand (certainly more money at Juve) being better than two birds in the bush (uncertainty of success whether at United or Juve).

Just saying.

Having his medical in Torino. Going... Going... Gone!

1bbeda56-d040-4d6f-ad05-c1e048323978.jpg

http://www.juventus.com

To be fair to Pogba, if he is not a United fan then it is a case of a bird in hand (certainly more money at Juve) being better than two birds in the bush (uncertainty of success whether at United or Juve).

Just saying.

Have we ever found out of Juve really are offering more money? Because his agent said before that both clubs were offering the same amount, but this rumor that we offered less seems more popular.

Pretty sure its all down to the agent fees / sign on bonus etc..

We never had a problem with wages, but clearly the agent just wanted him to go to Juve, once he got involved we didnt have a chance.

Pretty sure its all down to the agent fees / sign on bonus etc..

We never had a problem with wages, but clearly the agent just wanted him to go to Juve, once he got involved we didnt have a chance.

Not just this one now. If you are an agent, you make more money if your client moves multiple times. United are not the sort of club that develops a player only to ship him out when he comes good. If he does, he would stay, forever if possible. In Serie A there's a constant merry-go-round. Where would you rather place your young up-and-coming player?

His cousin pretty much confirming the whole angry about Rafael in midfield thing.

Also quite tastelessly ripped into the club, saying the team is shit and there is a reason why Paul, Zeki, Ravel etc all left.

His cousin pretty much confirming the whole angry about Rafael in midfield thing.

Also quite tastelessly ripped into the club, saying the team is shit and there is a reason why Paul, Zeki, Ravel etc all left.

Yeah, West Ham and Spurs sure showed us up last season.

Zeki Fryers is gone because he knows he had basically no chance of making it here, Ravel Morisson is gone because he's a complete turnip and wasn't wanted any longer and Paul Pogbas gone for more money... in my opinion.

I must say I've found all this strange.

I didn't follow it particularly intensely, as I didn't watch the reserves, so I didn't quite 'get the hype' as many others did. I saw him on a couple of occasions, and from what I saw, I was pleased that we were supposedly signing him up. Then all of a sudden it came out that he'd be moving to Juventus, so we weren't going to be playing him any more. Then, in another strange turn of events, he turned up on our bench for the West Brom game (I think). I was still of the view that he'd been taking the club for a bit of a ride. Then he came on, and the boos echoed out, which confirmed what I'd suspected - that he was indeed off, after him and his agent making a bit of a dick out of us, so I joined in. Suppose mob mentality contributed, but one bloke who I suspected was pissed was incensed that a United player was being booed. I understood where he was coming from, and after he carried on being booed (I'd stopped once he came on, as with the Rooney thing), he responded with vociferous cheers, which other people quickly joined in with.

After that I was quite frankly baffled by it all. As I said, I wasn't really in on it all, so I tried to stay out of the debates, but I do find it funny how an almost unconditional love in some corners gradually changed as the months went by. Wonder how he'd be viewed by all those United fans now.

Oh noes, Fryers and Morrison, not those two. Guess his cousin has a point, we are indeed shit and our 'top' players are getting poached - Arsenal style.

Now shove that in a drawer and stick the Udinese one on.

"fergie is shit, he could not predict me how many titles i would win with man utd. Juve on the other hand have told me personally i will be a champion within 2 years"

"fergie is shit, he could not predict me how many titles i would win with man utd. Juve on the other hand have told me personally i will be a champion within 2 years"

:lol:

Is that for real?

Well, it's possible Fergie name checking him so often raised expectations. And an expectation unfulfilled is a dangerous thing.

Any link to this?

Well, it's possible Fergie name checking him so often raised expectations. And an expectation unfulfilled is a dangerous thing.

If he thinks the team and our midfielders are so shit, its all the more damning that he didnt feel he could force his way into the first team. Fine Paul, its a shit team, but still a team that you couldnt break in to - go to the oh-so-much-better Juventus and im sure you will have a much easier time.

'tard.

“I don’t know why he said that, a 19-year-old player who said no to Ferguson – maybe he took it badly?
“There are things about which we failed to agree.
“I don’t regret anything. I learnt a lot there. But you have to be part of it to understand my decision. It is a feeling I had with the coach.
“The coach trusted me, but he didn’t play me, saying I was too young.
“He said ‘Your time will come’ but it didn’t come.
“Despite his 25-year career, despite the fact he was the boss, my objective was to play. I am impatient.
“Now I want to become a regular starter and become one of the best players in the world.
“To achieve that, there is only hard work – I learnt that alongside the great players at Manchester United.”

Pogba in L'Equipe
http://thebusbyway.com/2012/08/21/a...o-said-no-to-ferguson-maybe-he-took-it-badly/

Pogba: "Here I don't have guarantees on anything. The coach has only said that there'll be many games + he wanted a sub for Pirlo + Vidal

Another part of his interview.
So he wanted to leave us because he wanted to be a regular and then joined Juventus as a substitute. What the feck?

Status
Not open for further replies.