Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not difficult at all, considering already had a much stronger midfield than us before this season and now they've signed Asamoah and Verrati, Pogba's job just got more tougher.

But thats exactly the point isn't it? Making a player feel like he's wanted.

Hardly likely to do that playing Park (ever had a good game in central mid?) and an inexperienced full back conpletely out if position in central midfield.

Pogba's young, probably a bit naive, Scholes is brought out if retirement and then Park and even Rafael get a game ahead of you it probably wouldn't have been all that difficult for an unscrupulous agent to convinve the lad that the manager hasn't got a lot of faith in him.

I don't particularly think Raiola has acted in Pogba's best interests here, but to take Fergie's (almost comically one sided) remarks as gospel is naive.

Dont think either side has covered itself in glory here.

I could understand Pogba wanting to leave a little but to go to Juve ?? Where he's not gonna get that much "playing time" (supposedly the main reason he left for)

Park and Rafael just played one game above him ffs and the rumours linking him to Juve started before that match. It's comical to see how much importance is given to that one match.

Still annoyed by the fact that we gave Pogba a place on the substitute bench ahead of Berbatov, just to convince Pogba he had a future at the club.

Really?

I seem to remember us going through the right channels on that one

Did we feck, rumours were we enticed him and his family with a house an jobs.

Le Havre reported us for the deal but nothing came of it due to his age.

I also remember a possible club transfer ban.

The deal between United and Pogba was very very fishy.

Posted this in other thread but probably better off in here:

In regards to the Pogba, Fryers, Morrison contract situations, all three cases are quite similar actually, if you demand more than you are worth at an age where you still have it all to prove, whilst simultaneously allowing yourself to be manipulated by cash-hungry vultures, then your at the wrong club to try and attempt to hold to ransom. Bigger and better players have left and gone on to regret it.

I would be happy if Zeki Fryers stays with us but it's hardly worth crying about if he does go, as he isn't even the most talented left back in the reserves, let alone the club. He is currently the oldest, most physically developed and most tactically aware however, but not the biggest talent at LB. I actually think it would probably be best for his career if he did move on for regular first team football like Norwood has, as I cant see him ever making it to a nail-down first a team place here.

Pogba will be a shame but it will hardly be a loss. I would rather see him leave now and us blood another young talent, than wait after two years when just as he starts maturating into a world class midfielder he then decides his future lies elsewhere and were forced to separate with him just before his peak. He can now carry on his path and we can continue on ours without his saga(money issues) becoming a distraction.

Not to mention there a more than a few huge talents currently at the club in the academy and reserves. Some will go the way of Welbeck and Cleverley and others will end up like Pogba. In my opinion if one or two more make it to the first team then thats enough to keep me excited about out youth development in the future anyway.

Le Harve didnt have a case against us because they also stole him and that original club pointed this out to fifa.

This is the third time Pogba has been shifted on acrimoniously.

I also remember a possible club transfer ban.

The deal between United and Pogba was very very fishy.

Exactly.

I dont know what people expect though, Fergie's comments to MUTV can hardly be taken as a fair assement of the situation.

All this "He's showed us no respect" business, just soundbytes for thise that hang off his every word.

Not fact!

Why did we threaten Le Havre with legal action then?

Not fact!

Why did we threaten Le Havre with legal action then?

Hence me saying rumours, United wouldn't make it obvious any how. IIRC correctly the case was dismissed as Pogba wasn't old enough to sign a contract so no legal agreement was broken.

Hence me saying rumours, United wouldn't make it obvious any how. IIRC correctly the case was dismissed as Pogba wasn't old enough to sign a contract so no legal agreement was broken.

File under the "you can't prove we were involved in anything dodgy" category alongside the Bebe transfer..

Posted this in other thread but probably better off in here:

In regards to the Pogba, Fryers, Morrison contract situations, all three cases are quite similar actually, if you demand more than you are worth at an age where you still have it all to prove, whilst simultaneously allowing yourself to be manipulated by cash-hungry vultures, then your at the wrong club to try and attempt to hold to ransom. Bigger and better players have left and gone on to regret it.

I would be happy if Zeki Fryers stays with us but it's hardly worth crying about if he does go, as he isn't even the most talented left back in the reserves, let alone the club. He is currently the oldest, most physically developed and most tactically aware however, but not the biggest talent at LB. I actually think it would probably be best for his career if he did move on for regular first team football like Norwood has, as I cant see him ever making it to a nail-down first a team place here.

Pogba will be a shame but it will hardly be a loss. I would rather see him leave now and us blood another young talent, than wait after two years when just as he starts maturating into a world class midfielder he then decides his future lies elsewhere and were forced to separate with him just before his peak. He can now carry on his path and we can continue on ours without his saga(money issues) becoming a distraction.

Not to mention there a more than a few huge talents currently at the club in the academy and reserves. Some will go the way of Welbeck and Cleverley and others will end up like Pogba. In my opinion if one or two more make it to the first team then thats enough to keep me excited about out youth development in the future anyway.

Great post, and sums it up pretty well.

Can we make it so this thread is longer than his actual accumulated minutes for the 1st team?

202 minutes
174 pages

bit of an ask tbf...

So he was a good young player, so what? We've had better young players leave us before and we've always coped. No player is bigger than United so seriously, who cares?

To think that he was one of the reasons why we didnt added a CM to the team last year. We could have won the league with an extra CM or two.

No player is bigger than the club, feck pogba.

Real bummer when we think about giving youth chances than buying players, which we needed in the said position. Glad its finally over though.
Don't like the fryers situation either. Its been a real bad ending with regard to our talents this year after the breakthrough for Cleverley and Welbeck. Hope the rest of them can make their career with us.

But thats exactly the point isn't it? Making a player feel like he's wanted.

Hardly likely to do that playing Park (ever had a good game in central mid?) and an inexperienced full back conpletely out if position in central midfield.

Pogba's young, probably a bit naive, Scholes is brought out if retirement and then Park and even Rafael get a game ahead of you it probably wouldn't have been all that difficult for an unscrupulous agent to convinve the lad that the manager hasn't got a lot of faith in him.

I don't particularly think Raiola has acted in Pogba's best interests here, but to take Fergie's (almost comically one sided) remarks as gospel is naive.

Dont think either side has covered itself in glory here.

If any kid is stupid/sensitive enough to force a move over ONE GAME where players who had started dozens of first team games to his none started ahead of him then we're well rid.

Of course, chances are that ONE GAME had feck all to with anything. Even teenage professional footballers are a bit more clued in about the realities of team selection at the highest level than all the back-seat managers/amateur psychologists on here.

Just looked through Juve's midfielder's compared to ours.

Juve:
Arturo Vidal - 25
Andrea Pirlo - 33
Michele Pazienza - 29
Claudio Marchisio - 26
Simone Padoin - 28
Luca Marrone - 22
Mauricio Isla - 24
Kwadwo Asamoah - 23

United:
Jones - 20
Anderson - 24
Giggs - 38
Park - 31
Carrick - 30
Scholes - 37
Cleverley - 22
Fletcher - 28
Powell - 18

Looking at our squad Giggs, Scholes and Park to an extent should be phasing down their number of games over the season. So apart from Fletcher as we don't know what his level of recovery will be, had he stayed he'd be in direct competition with Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley with mentions for Powell and Jones as they may get a few games in midfield. Now it seems a lot easier to get into ours then Juve's understandably given their talent. The only players that will probably be gone in the next few years for Juve is Pirlo, Pazienza & Padoin.

So in my opinion he either has a massive ego and thinks he'll develop into a first teamer at Juve and displace one of the others or his agent has led him completely with the thought of money and greed.

Such a waste I feel but at the end of the day it's his loss more then ours.

Well that's the end. Close thread. Open "Pogba Watch/Bitch"

All I can say, unfortunately, is karma. We bought a mercenary.

I'm not too phased. He never was a first team regular or first teamer even. Good riddance...

He went for the money, definitely not for footballing wise from my opinion, good riddance ! Good opportunity for those youngsters who actually respect the shirt and really want to play for the club.

I still hope we get to see more of Petrucci, maybe even some Powell action not to mention the developments of that Belgian prodigy ( His name has a Z, too lazy to search )

Bye Pogba, hope you enjoy your fat pay check along with Riola...

We used to run a pretty watertight ship, but of late we've been leaking a lot of young talent. The times they are a changin.

If we can neither buy top talent nor develop it... Too pessimistic. Hopefully Kagawa will play a blinder in pre-season and things will look better.

Our youth system might benefit from a rethink though. So far the foreign starlets have contributed nothing*. We can't hold the little buzzards.

*some cash from the Pique/Rossi sales.

I blame Rio...wasn't he suppose to be mentoring him so he could convince him to stay.

We used to run a pretty watertight ship, but of late we've been leaking a lot of young talent. The times they are a changin.

If we can neither buy top talent nor develop it... Too pessimistic. Hopefully Kagawa will play a blinder in pre-season and things will look better.

Our youth system might benefit from a rethink though. So far the foreign starlets have contributed nothing*. We can't hold the little buzzards.

*some cash from the Pique/Rossi sales.

You cant be serious here Will. I thought you watched the academy and reserves? If you did you would know that your points about 'not buying or producing top talent', 'youth team needing a rethink' and 'leaking a lot of young talent' are rubbish mate.

Pogba is the first player who has left our youth team whom the club have desperately tried to keep. Rossi and Pique were moved on reluctantly but also the club were happy to move them as they had established quality players ahead of them in the first team.

Other players like Fryers are offered contracts which they turn down in knowledge they will never be good enough for a first team place and Utd will just want a fee for them next summer if they do sign. Currently he's 19, had a taste of first team action and wants more, he is a free agent therefore is available to negotiate with the club of his choice so he's in a good position. If Zeki is aware he will never be a regular at United then he is doing the right thing and will move on his terms and will seek to get first team football like many other young players have left this club to do before him. The only issue is the way he (his agent) has gone about ignoring the clubs offers that has probably upset SAF.

For his sake I hope he's making the right choice. I'd hate to see talent get wasted. I'm just glad it's finally over.

We'll always find other young talents for our midfield.

feck it I hope it does get wasted like Morrison's. Maybe these twats will realize in 10 years time when they're playing for some club in but feck nowhere that they'd pissed away the greatest opportunity of their lives for 5k a week more.

Status
Not open for further replies.