Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost more annoying than the saga itself is random people bumping this thread with 'why hasn't he gone yet' posts and me clicking on the thread thinking there might be some new news.

Indeed.

Anyone got a problem with locking the fecking thing, with a view to unlocking/updating it when there's some actual news?

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

lost_locke.jpg
it

"In my opinion, the Italian league is only getting worse at this point. Italy should have improved their infrastructure and all that some 10 years ago. I'm talking about stadiums, but also about other facilities.

"I'm not afraid to say that Serie A a third-rate league now. When I started as an agent, Italy was pretty much the promised land. Joining an English club was a punishment.

"Things have changed, though. Players now prefer England, Spain and Germany over Italy, and rightly so."

Quote from his agent.

Damien1990 said:
Another thing about Pogba to put in the locked thread. His brother plays for Wrexham and the manager has been trying to contact him with difficulty. In an interview to The Leader he mentions Paul Pogba moving to Juventus:

"I am still trying to get in contact with him," Morrell told The Leader. "We have sent emails and made phone calls but we can't get hold of him.

"It is the problem you have with under 24s, if you want to keep them you offer contracts and they can wait and see what comes along, there is no rush.

"We can put time limits on it but we want him to stay. We just need to get in contact with him.

"I have stressed on the numerous messages I have left him that we need to know because if he decides not to stay we need someone to replace him.

"It is getting a bit close to the start of pre-season so I will keep pestering him and trying to get hold of him, hopefully he will have the decency to come back to us."

He added: "It is a foreign ringtone so I expect him to be out and about.

"His brother has moved to Juventus so I don't know if he is helping him pack or what but we need to get him sorted out one way of the other."

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_7842920,00.html

Yet more....

Adam Marshall ‏@AdamSMarshall
Sir Alex to MUTV: “Paul Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware. I don’t think he showed us any respect at all "

Shouldn't this be moved into the football section now?

cnut. Proper cnut. Alex said it best though, he's glad neiter of Pogba or his agent is involved with this club anymore.

Definitely a cnut, but I suppose in retrospect we're always going to end up with a couple if we look to poach youth players from other clubs. Being a cnut to your former employers is the first sign that they're going to treat us badly too

I really couldn't give a feck about Pogba. Never have, don't now and never will.

Pogba is a tall, rangy central midfielder, signed from Le Havre at the age of 16. "We're quite positive about him," Ferguson said. "If we hold Paul Pogba back, what's going to happen? He's going to leave in a couple of years' time when his contract is finished. We have to give him opportunities to see how he can do in the first team. He's got the ability, the physique and the athleticism."

Not surprising.

With the midfield in tatters and playing a relegation candidate, Fergie went with Park and Rafael in midfield and then the club refuses to pay the going rate for young talent.

Not surprising.

With the midfield in tatters and playing a relegation candidate, Fergie went with Park and Rafael in midfield and then the club refuses to pay the going rate for young talent.

Yep, can't imagine it was all that difficult for Raiola to sell the move to the lad under the circumstances.

Park in central midfield, ffs..

Yep, can't imagine it was all that difficult for Raiola to sell the move to the lad under the circumstances.

Park in central midfield, ffs..

Yeah not difficult at all, considering already had a much stronger midfield than us before this season and now they've signed Asamoah and Verrati, Pogba's job just got more tougher.

Oh and I hope the club learns a lesson from all this. Leaving contracts of youth talents for eg Morrison, Pogba, Petrucci, Amos and Fryers in their final years is dangerous and shouldn't be done again.

Not surprising.

Yeah we keep missing out on all the young talent. Da gea, jones, Powell etc etc.

Idiotic. Think before you post.

How he expects to get into that Juventus midfield is beyond me.

Its sad to lose out on probably our 2 best Youth prospects in the same year but the club moves on. Agree with KM though, contracts should be handled better.

Not surprising.

Why should the club be held to ransom by an unproven player?

Oh and I hope the club learns a lesson from all this. Leaving contracts of youth talents for eg Morrison, Pogba, Petrucci, Amos and Fryers in their final years is dangerous and shouldn't be done again.

It's been going on for years and no reason for it to stop now. Too difficult to predict the development of young players. Would be crazy to offer them all highly paid senior contracts when they've still got two or more years left on their existing contracts. Anyway, they want to leave they want to leave. The timing of contract negotiatons has feck all to do with it.

Sad it had to end that way.He had no respect for the club and we had no respect for Le Harve.

Status
Not open for further replies.