Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters
If it's not completed by Friday next week then I'm retiring from this thread until it happens.

As long as Juve confirm it this week. At the very least, the BBC say a deal is done.

Don't think United will confirm it for a while. They will try and market him like they did with Zlatan i.e. get a video of him ready doing something stupid for a big announcement. That won't happen until gone August 6th.

You absolute melt

You talk absolute rubbish quite frankly and have done throughout this thread.

Mourinho doesn't give a toss about how marketable he is; he wants him to be the driving force of our midfield.

Yeah its not like he's better than all our current midfielders :lol:

Listen to yourself.

@Rory 7 defintely has an axe to grind.

Pogba would start for nearly every team in the world. He will improve our midfield without a shadow of a doubt.

Signing £25m midfielders and hoping they can step up isn't going to win us the big trophies. Jose wants winners in the team, not plod-a-long Joe Allen types.

Do you want to be the next Liverpool or the next Real Madrid?

Am genuinely surprised my post about marketability provoked such a response. Wow. You guys really do love Pogba. For what it's worth i think of course he'll improve us but not to the degree to which you all think. Strange reaction guys. Particularly @StanleyCupboard and @AndyJ1985. Why did the idea that I suggested offend you both so? Amazing. You guys really do believe in this guy Pogba, I don't. No need to get abusive.

I really hope he never gets announced and he just strolls on to the pitch for the first game of the season.

It is really amazing to see how this super agents ( I would call them super greedy) affect the transfer market nowadays.
they play behind the screen so they are not targeted or blamed. I heard that the agent is demanding 20 mil for this
transfer. It seems like the agent is the one that is going to play.I personally think that football body should ban agents if possible. let the players deal directly with the club.bring some common sense regulation to the free market. Otherwise there wont be any limit and it wont be long before we start buying agents instead of players.

It is really amazing to see how this super agents ( I would call them super greedy) affect the transfer market nowadays.
they play behind the screen so they are not targeted or blamed. I heard that the agent is demanding 20 mil for this
transfer. It seems like the agent is the one that is going to play.I personally think that football body should ban agents if possible. let the players deal directly with the club.bring some common sense regulation to the free market. Otherwise there wont be any limit and it wont be long before we start buying agents instead of players.

Players don't have the knowledge to do that, they would at the very least need some legal representation. However, yeah there should be some restrictions etc.

It's a bit tiring but the agent didn't ask 20m, Juventus owe Pogba and Raiola 20% of the transfer. And no the players shouldn't deal directly with the clubs, if for example the NFL teaches us something, it's that sports franchise/clubs owners are walking scumbags and won't hesitate to shaft anyone at the first opportunity.

Because what makes him special is his ability to freely run forward with and without the ball, his ability to be a threat in the last third.

Edit: Pogba would work in a 4231 with Sneijder/Kroos as a #10 and someone like Krychowiak next to him. Not with Rooney and Schneiderlin at least not from the get-go.
It'll be Carrick, not Schneiderlin.

It's always "next week" or "next few days". I know it's gonna happen, but it's like Pogba wants to miss the start of the season or something.
This, I'm becoming worried he's going to miss the first few games which would piss me off. I'm going to the match against Southampton and I want to see Pogba!

Do you not think he'd improve us?

I do think he'll improve us of course. My point about the marketing is the fee involved has to involve some kind of payback, United see him as very very marketable. I'm just not convinced he's going to improve us to the extent that most on here are. It's really really bizarre the reactions on here.

Pogba really isn't all that. He's a young player with a lot to prove. Posters on here are comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo just because of the fee! It's kind of mad. The abuse I'm getting for questioning his likely impact is astounding. People seem convinced he's going to stroll into the team and transform it, he won't, he'll improve us yes but guys get real. Reign in your expectations.

Nothing will happen wirth this today, the Italians are all in Church and the English are all bloated out on the couch sleeping off last night's booze and their Sunday lunch.

Nothing will happen wirth this today, the Italians are all in Church and the English are all bloated out on the couch sleeping off last night's booze and their Sunday lunch.

Can't speak for our Italian brothers but the English assessment is pretty much spot on.

I do think he'll improve us of course. My point about the marketing is the fee involved has to involve some kind of payback, United see him as very very marketable. I'm just not convinced he's going to improve us to the extent that most on here are. It's really really bizarre the reactions on here.

Pogba really isn't all that. He's a young player with a lot to prove. Posters on here are comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo just because of the fee! It's kind of mad. The abuse I'm getting for questioning his likely impact is astounding. People seem convinced he's going to stroll into the team and transform it, he won't, he'll improve us yes but guys get real. Reign in your expectations.
Where has he been compared to Messi and Ronaldo?

Feel the same way. We are paying double to what he is actually worth.

I find it a bit odd how people don't see that we're paying exactly what we should be expecting to pay for Paul Pogba in 2016.

These same people probably think £30m buys you world class, first XI talent (with no injury or something else to artificially bring the fee down) still.

I find it a bit odd how people don't see that we're paying exactly what we should be expecting to pay for Paul Pogba in 2016.

The fee doesn't surprise me. The level of expectation around Pogba blows my mind though. I just don't see him delivering against people's expectations. I do see him delivering as a 'brand asset'.

The fee doesn't surprise me. The level of expectation around Pogba blows my mind though. I just don't see him delivering against people's expectations. I do see him delivering as a 'brand asset'.

Well hopefully you'll end up being pleasantly surprised.

We're buying one of the best young midfielders in the world from a huge club with a rich tradition that doesn't want to sell him since he's their star man. 100M is not exaggerated at all for such a player in 2016. That's the state of the modern transfer market. Keep up.

It's the same with every transfer we ever make though, people overrate signings to the extreme, only to be disappointed. It's not unique to Pogba.

I think Pogba will match people expectations, eventually, but he won't be winning games on his own from his debut, and I see no problem with that.