Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters
Is there a bigger bellend that Souness?

Former Newcastle and Liverpool manager Graeme Souness said: "I think you can be kidded by Pogba because when he moves he's like a Rolls Royce, but I've never seen him get hold of a game and dominate.

"I don't see him changing that many games. It's not like they've bought a Luis Suarez who will get you 50 goals a season."

50 in Spain yes in what is effectively a two/three horse race.

The bitterness is something else.
In fairness he is not wrong. I really do think Pogba is overrated but potentially worth the fee.

How long does a medical take?
Does he have to run a marathon, then triathlon before climbing the Kilimanjaro while carrying his agent?

Aren't we normally told when players pass the medical?
Takes forever this...!
Maybe part of the medical is to try and avoid Jones on the training pitch.....

€5M of the €110M is bonus if either of the two things happen:
  1. He signs a new contract in next five seasons
  2. He is sold for a fee of over 50M
The three part installment comes from the remaining €105M - €35M each year.

That makes sense then, thanks.

So, in fact the fee keeps on coming down (as the £/€ exchange rate becomes less favorable :mad:). Can you imagine, if the £ strengthens again against the €, to 1.40 say, the papers will inflate the fee to €125M, and then quote it in £.

I think he's making a point that the comparisons being made in this thread are borderline racist by making a ridiculous comparison like that.

At least I hope so.
How on earth is it racist to compare Pogba's mum to Whoopi Goldberg and other different people, but saying her driver looks like David Gill isn't racist?

So, in fact the fee keeps on coming down (as the £/€ exchange rate becomes less favorable :mad:). Can you imagine, if the £ strengthens again against the €, to 1.40 say, the papers will inflate the fee to €125M, and then quote it in £.

Think our accounts are done in Dollars these days, as we are on NYSE. Its USD vs Euro that ya need to keep an eye on.

Nonsense, agreements will have be signed before medical.

Yes but he can fail a medical on purpose. You just hold your leg or start limping on the treadmill.

The agreements will be 'subject to medical' and I for one wouldn't put it past him
white text

Flip, this made me laugh out loud.

Seven can't see Pogba making it into our central midfield. (not sure if serious)
2nd part is an obvious troll but the 1st part is very true. Pogba looked very lost for Juve when Marchisio and Khedira were injured. He needs to have a reliable midfielder, preferably 2 to cover the space he leaves behind. He pretty much plays the central midfield role almost like a number 10 who helps out with defending.

I have a strong suspicion that when we make the formal announcement, we'll also announce the transfer fee.

I think one thing we all must realise here as fans of Manchester United and of football this moment is partly about the fee as you say.

The announcement is an opportunity for the club to say something along the lines of [made up quote just to illustrate a point]:
Our world record bid for Paul Pogba shows our desire and ambitions as a club on an exciting project to be not only the champions of England but also the Champions of Europe.

This is the level of our club and we have a commitment to provide exciting football to fans, and a place for the worlds most exciting talents to become world class players and compete at the very highest level.

As an organisation we feel we have the right players, manager and staff to develop or squad and players to the levels of previous successful campaigns.

It's a moment for the club to sell the vision to prospective players of future windows such as next year to think:

"Manchester United have opened negotiations with me, I know what they're building, I can see they want to win at all costs. I can work with top players, and a top manager in the worlds biggest league".

I think even as important of all of this it gives chance Pogba to sell his ambitions and why he has joined.

Huge opportunity today though for the world-media, there'll be HUGE media coverage and it's a huge chance for Manchester United to set precedence for the next footballing cycle. Madrid did it with Ronaldo and Kaka. The eyes were on Madrid.

All the attention is on United today and this transfer window with Zlatan Mkhitaryan and Pogba, don't blow it basically.

He's surely announced sometime tonight?

Wasn't it the same with Zlatan? He was at Carrington for his medical a bit past noon and was announced early evening?

He's surely announced sometime tonight?

Wasn't it the same with Zlatan? He was at Carrington for his medical a bit past noon and was announced early evening?
Not if medical goes into a 2nd day like some are reporting.

found a more up to date look at medicals from the snazzy new Saint Georges Park complex where any club can do medicals

might interest one or two

Last edited:
How on earth is it racist to compare Pogba's mum to Whoopi Goldberg and other different people, but saying her driver looks like David Gill isn't racist?

I'm sure you can work out the difference between one person making a bad comparison and a whole bunch of people falling over themselves to say which black woman stereotype Pogba's mum most closely resembles.

But why should it? Unless it's some sort of new procedure or we're extra cautious for some reason? I don't think I've ever heard about a medical take more than a few hours. As stated many times it wouldn't be possible to do last minute deals at deadline day, if it took days.

Don't know where Sky got that idea from.

How long does a medical take?
Does he have to run a marathon, then triathlon before climbing the Kilimanjaro while carrying his agent?

Aren't we normally told when players pass the medical?
Takes forever this...!

They're probably at Carrington, drinking Fergie wine and having a laugh

But why should it? Unless it's some sort of new procedure or we're extra cautious for some reason? I don't think I've ever heard about a medical take more than a few hours. As stated many times it wouldn't be possible to do last minute deals at deadline day, if it took days.

Don't know where Sky got that idea from.
Maybe he's just not fit enough to complete every exercise in one go or maybe because of the transfer fee, we have to do extra tests for insurance purposes.

We can do without the racially tinged mockery of Pogba's mother.
How is that any different than every other time someone says that someone looks like someone else? Like when her driver was David Gill. I don't see the racist remarks.

How many medicals have been longer then a day? And bear in mind, he's been doing the medical for about 4 or so hours now. I would think his mum traveling up with him should mean later today but maybe it's just to keep him company. Rooneys will always be the best one as he was doing his pics in the stadium when paddys show was on

Any 'delay' could be to do with Adidas and their United ad but who knows?

It's the opposite, the fee United are paying is in Euros not Pounds , thus if the Pound continues to get weaker the fee will appear to be more expensive in Pounds

This thread is hilarious. I haven't been on CAF for 6 hours and see about 500 posts to read but going through them had brought many laughs, specially the flight trackers and Manchester Airport muppetry.

I'm sure you can work out the difference between one person making a bad comparison and a whole bunch of people falling over themselves to say which black woman stereotype Pogba's mum most closely resembles.
When did Tahith Chong and Anderson become black woman stereotypes?

Maybe they were mocking her, I don't know, but I don't see the racism.

Craig Norwood is not the Manchester United official photographer.

:lol: Yeah right, next thing you'll be telling us that we don't have to wait for NYSE to open to announce transfers, or that we can announce deals on a weekend.

Bloody chancer.

I think one thing we all must realise here as fans of Manchester United and of football this moment is partly about the fee as you say.

The announcement is an opportunity for the club to say something along the lines of [made up quote just to illustrate a point]:

It's a moment for the club to sell the vision to prospective players of future windows such as next year to think:

"Manchester United have opened negotiations with me, I know what they're building, I can see they want to win at all costs. I can work with top players, and a top manager in the worlds biggest league".

I think even as important of all of this it gives chance Pogba to sell his ambitions and why he has joined.

Huge opportunity today though for the world-media, there'll be HUGE media coverage and it's a huge chance for Manchester United to set precedence for the next footballing cycle. Madrid did it with Ronaldo and Kaka. The eyes were on Madrid.

All the attention is on United today and this transfer window with Zlatan Mkhitaryan and Pogba, don't blow it basically.

I was going to go with a simple: "Manchester United are thrilled to announce that Paul Pogba has completed his medical and joins the club for a world record fee of [XYZ]."

That would be enough to send media into overdrive and it will at least slightly irk Madrid. I fully expect Marca to try and downplay this transfer.

We'll have a full media spread for this, I'm sure. Guarantee any hold-up is not medical related but rather for photo-ops, social media coordination, blah blah blah

Gagging for a 6pm announcement like the Zlatan one was when he rocked up for a mid-day medical

Physically gagging