Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters
Caf should really have someone inside Carrington if we're that much of the forum, enough with the circus like sky, bbc, some italian spaghetti guy etc., we deserve to know everything in advance!

Caf should really have someone inside Carrington if we're that much of the forum, enough with the circus like sky, bbc, some italian spaghetti guy etc., we deserve to know everything in advance!

Which prominent Caf Poster deserves the honour of being our inside man?

This is getting ridiculous now the medicals they have to be a pub landlord take like 20 mins tops. Appreciated, for a footballer it's probably 3-4* that but this is seriously unnecessary.

I think they're just trying to wiggle and get even more money out of us by threatening to pull the plug on the whole thing after we've already announced a medical and Mourinho has said how amazing it will be. Slimy as feck.

It depends how our income stream is denominated. Presumably our payments from the Premier League are in pounds. Same obviously for our gate receipts. But our biggest, single source of income now is commercial. In what currency are those contracts drawn? I imagine a lot of them may be in dollars and some may even be in Euros. Or maybe not.

I'm sure I read that we hold cash in dollars, euros and sterling so we are well placed whatever.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=Man Utd
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:Man Utd

There was a huge spike this morning on the stock exchange. Dropped again but increasing again. Pogba landing made a big impact it seems.
Are all those traders football fans or what? Funny.

But we're not buying him in £, we're buying in €, €110M. So are we going to pay €36.6666M per year?

Again, it's just spouting bollocks without any attempt at a source, it doesn't even make sense.

This has come from tweets this morning that said it would be payed over 3 season.

Why doesn't it make sense out of interest?

Is Souness aware that Suarez is a forward and Pogba is a midfielder.
That sort of critical thinking seems to have eluded him.

Souness'll say some things that start to make me believe he's a good pundit then comes out with tripe like this. He's odd.

I actually like Souness but I think you have to take any opinion with a pinch of salt, I think even United pundits you have to strip the bias from.

There's only one time Souness I didn't like what he said, I believe it was 2008 Moscow he said "I was talking to SAF around the time Sven was set to replace him, I said you'd be mad to retire", he then added "I'm not saying it was a result of what I said why he stayed on as United manager".

It came across as he told SAF to continue, although he covered his tracks almost immediately, I think a lot of the time hindsight is a wonderful thing and nothing in football is fixed in stone. Only time will tell what happens with Pogba.

I think what pundits don't state with people like midfielders is, a midfielder runs a game. A midfield is where a game is won. forget Goals, look at what Scholes did.

Seven from Juve Form said:
8aa3180cba.jpg

Flip, this made me laugh out loud.

Seven can't see Pogba making it into our central midfield. (not sure if serious)

Last edited:

Sure, but why should he let that get in the way of an opportunity to criticise?

Don't even know why we were so determined to hold on to De Gea. He's never even scored more than 10 in a season.

But we're not buying him in £, we're buying in €, €110M. So are we going to pay €36.6666M per year?

Again, it's just spouting bollocks without any attempt at a source, it doesn't even make sense.

We might be paying in Euros but Brits and the British media are always going to talk about figures in pounds. I agree it's probably bullshit but the fee will likely be paid in instalments, however many years we pay it over doesn't make much of a difference though.

So what happens to the Raiola fee now? Is Juve paying it? Seems a bit odd that they would sell for €105m now after all the rumors about €120m or even €145m.

€105m minus the agent fee leaves them with * 0.70 = €73.5m.

Juve receive £89mil and Raiola's commission is separate.

Is there a bigger bellend that Souness?

Former Newcastle and Liverpool manager Graeme Souness said: "I think you can be kidded by Pogba because when he moves he's like a Rolls Royce, but I've never seen him get hold of a game and dominate.

"I don't see him changing that many games. It's not like they've bought a Luis Suarez who will get you 50 goals a season."

50 in Spain yes in what is effectively a two/three horse race.

The bitterness is something else.
I fecking love haters, it motivates me more because I know I'm doing something right

Is there a bigger bellend that Souness?

Former Newcastle and Liverpool manager Graeme Souness said: "I think you can be kidded by Pogba because when he moves he's like a Rolls Royce, but I've never seen him get hold of a game and dominate.

"I don't see him changing that many games. It's not like they've bought a Luis Suarez who will get you 50 goals a season."

50 in Spain yes in what is effectively a two/three horse race.

The bitterness is something else.

fecking bitter scouse cnut :lol:

This is getting ridiculous now the medicals they have to be a pub landlord take like 20 mins tops. Appreciated, for a footballer it's probably 3-4* that but this is seriously unnecessary.

I think they're just trying to wiggle and get even more money out of us by threatening to pull the plug on the whole thing after we've already announced a medical and Mourinho has said how amazing it will be. Slimy as feck.

Have I missed something?

€5M of the €110M is bonus if either of the two things happen:
  1. He signs a new contract in next five seasons
  2. He is sold for a fee of over 50M
The three part installment comes from the remaining €105M - €35M each year.

I guess they assume a world record fee directly correlates to how many goals they expected to score.

Funny, I don't remember them giving a feck when it was Bale going to Madrid for stupid money.

what happened?

I guess they assume a world record fee directly correlates to how many goals they expected to score.

Funny, I don't remember them giving a feck when it was Bale going to Madrid for stupid money.
Of course Souess would go crazy if Pogba was going to Liverpool.

I have a strong suspicion that when we make the formal announcement, we'll also announce the transfer fee.

How long does a medical take?
Does he have to run a marathon, then triathlon before climbing the Kilimanjaro while carrying his agent?

Aren't we normally told when players pass the medical?
Takes forever this...!

Nonsense, agreements will have be signed before medical.

Flip, this made me laugh out loud.

Seven can't see Pogba making it into our central midfield. (not sure if serious)
Neither can I, too be fair. What with Scholes coming out of retirement :devil:

If you read my post you would know!

People saying £30M per season for a €110M fee, it makes no sense.

It's probably rounded figures. The final includes addons too apparently. Something about if he signs a new contract or if he's sold for over €50m Juve gets an additional €5m.

So around 35m every season sounds about right, no?

All this talk about medicals today - I wouldn't want to be the doctor telling Jose that I wouldn't sign off on the Pogba deal because I didn't like the look of his elbow :lol:

23 year old Paul Scholes was scoring about 10 goals a season ('97/98)
23 year old Keane scoring about 6 goals a season (95/96)
23 year old Gerrard scoring about 7 goals a season ('03/04)
23 year old Lampard scoring about 8 goals a season ('01/02)

Obviously goals don't tell the whole story, and I think Keane, Scholes & Gerrard were more influential at the time than, Lampard was and Pogba is currently.

But Pogba is certainly on a similar level to them at the same age, with a similar amount of potential to those calibre of players too.
I'd expect him to score a similar amount of goals too, somewhere in the region of 6-10 with a similar amount of assists.