Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters
Thing is if Pogba does well for us (fingers crossed) it will be very hard for Madrid, Barcelona or any other club to prise him away.

Think how much they'd have to possibly pay in doing so.

Can't wait to watch Pogba's first speech about "Dream come true" as it's Ed automatic official script interview

And saying things like we're the biggest club in the world, blah blah.

Not saying it's not true, but it's clear that we tell players to say things like this upon joining.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=Man Utd
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:Man Utd

There was a huge spike this morning on the stock exchange. Dropped again but increasing again. Pogba landing made a big impact it seems.

Well, we are spending X amount of cash and obtaining a player(considered an asset) who will go on the books as X amount. In terms of fundamental value of the stock there should technically be no change at all. There will be speculators who will bet on this being a positive or negative news which understandably will make the stock fluctuate. These fluctuations will be corrected eventually to match the fundamental values.

In other words, our transfers don't affect our stock price in the long term, as long as we are paying fair value for the players. If we overpay though, our stock price will fall, ever so slightly. Alternatively, if we buy a player and his fair value goes up because of the team doing well in general, our stock price will go up, ever so slightly.

Can’t wait to hear SAF’s comments about this. Got some friends that are pissed due to ”Pogba being a overpaid, greedy kid and leaving United blah blah blah”, so maybe if Sir Alex came out with positive comments and kind of ”clears some air” they could get on board and support this transfer.

Have witnessed some serious muppetry on here over the years, but following a flight on flightrader really is special.

If we have Martial and Griezmann, I don't see why he would want to move either. If we had that team, we'd probably be doing well in the CL and premiership
You do realize he is leaving a well-settled Juve who are doing great domestically and pretty good in the CL for a team actually mid-transition and not even guaranteed a CL spot.

This is not to say that he will definitely move in 4-5 years but a great team is not of all that great importance to players nowadays it seems. Great package along with playing for a prestigious club is a big draw and it's not like Madrid or Barca will suddenly turn into Liverpool. They will still be pretty dominant domestically.

I was wondering, at the medical do you also get your teeth checked? Ear hole inspection? Finger up the bum even?

Milan check teeth. They were infamous for being very thorough with stuff like that in the late 00s to enable Maldini etc to play to a high level in their late 30s.
I think Cissoko (spelling?) from Porto failed a medical with them after they didn't like his teeth

Edit: yep http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-blame-for-his-failed-move-to-ac-9746035.html

That's not what amortising means.

All contracts are amortized for the length of initial contract. If he signs for 5 years, it's £18m per year assuming £89m transfer fee.

So what happens to the Raiola fee now? Is Juve paying it? Seems a bit odd that they would sell for €105m now after all the rumors about €120m or even €145m.

€105m minus the agent fee leaves them with * 0.70 = €73.5m.

Given the money is being paid over three years, if the pound gets stronger over the next year or two, the amount we pay goes down, since we will still pay the same amount of Euros to them... no?

Or did I just make that up completely missing something :wenger:

It depends how our income stream is denominated. Presumably our payments from the Premier League are in pounds. Same obviously for our gate receipts. But our biggest, single source of income now is commercial. In what currency are those contracts drawn? I imagine a lot of them may be in dollars and some may even be in Euros. Or maybe not.

All contracts are amortized for the length of initial contract. If he signs for 5 years, it's £18m per year assuming £89m transfer fee.

That's an accounting thing. It doesn't have anything to do with how Utd actually pay Juve.

Thing is if Pogba does well for us (fingers crossed) it will be very hard for Madrid, Barcelona or any other club to prise him away.

Think how much they'd have to possibly pay in doing so.

The other thing is that Woodward seems determined to end the practice of Real and Barca automatically snapping up the best talent, and he's now proven it with this transfer, so you have to have faith that he won't be willing to sell Pogba to Spain at all, and that he'll be able to keep him here (assuming we still want him here). There's no reason we can't be like PSG in this regard.

That's an accounting thing. It doesn't have anything to do with how Utd actually pay Juve.

Yep, I agree. Paying terms will be dependent on how we agree on installments - won't be surprised if we just adjust to how Juventus will be paying Napoli for Higuain (although they will be paying Napoli in just two years, €45m per year).

can't wait to see what he looks like in a united shirt.

The deal could be us paying Juve £90million worth of Calzones plus match fixing bonuses over 5 years for all we know, the headline will still be a record £90million transfer.

So what happens to the Raiola fee now? Is Juve paying it? Seems a bit odd that they would sell for €105m now after all the rumors about €120m or even €145m.

Maybe the fat cnut decided to think about his client for once and was willing to take a lesser cut.

It depends how our income stream is denominated. Presumably our payments from the Premier League are in pounds. Same obviously for our gate receipts. But our biggest, single source of income now is commercial. In what currency are those contracts drawn? I imagine a lot of them may be in dollars and some may even be in Euros. Or maybe not.

Europa League payments are in Euros :(

Looks like it's heading to Leeds now. Has @Marching hijacked it?

:lol:

Just when you think you've seen the daftest football fans in the world.....along come Man Yoo fans following a fecking plane on FlightRadar!! Staggeringly funny! :lol: :lol:

You do realize he is leaving a well-settled Juve who are doing great domestically and pretty good in the CL for a team actually mid-transition and not even guaranteed a CL spot.

This is not to say that he will definitely move in 4-5 years but a great team is not of all that great importance to players nowadays it seems. Great package along with playing for a prestigious club is a big draw and it's not like Madrid or Barca will suddenly turn into Liverpool. They will still be pretty dominant domestically.

Yeah I know but the league in Italy is dead so for Pogba to stand out, he would have to rely mostly on European Competition. Be under no illusion - if he wanted to go to Spain, they would have made it happen. Look at how we've potentially structured the deal. Did no one suggest that to Madrid? But Madrid have won 2 of the last 3 (if memory serves) CL's so there was an obvious pull - especially with Zidane currently in charge. I wouldn't worry about them. He's got family here, friends here for starters. If we climb back to the top, why would he leave? If he wanted to crack the American market, he could do that at United. I think really it depends on ourselves. We have to be back challenging. Our future is to be written but it's looking healthier then it has. Madrid, are at a peak. Where do they go from here? Will Zidane be able to repeat last season? Time will tell. We have a better relationship with his agent - which Madrid don't have and the money we would screw out of them clubs......I'm not sure they'd meet our demands. We have a lot going for us.

There was that 'rumor' only hearsay - that he would return and it would make sense, especially with his family in the UK. That is a strong pull. Playing for Madrid or seeing your mother more often? He might prefer the latter and it doesn't seem she's got a desire to move to Spain. 3/4 years is a long time.....I think we can all breath anyhow :)

Last edited:
On the Juve Forum they are still having hissy fits about him being on the Juve main website. :lol:

8a3ba02312.jpg
8a47346bf2.jpg

Raiola's entitled to 20% of the transfer fee not 30.I imagine he may also have agreed to a lower fee.United and Juve may be sharing the fee.

Is there a bigger bellend that Souness?

Former Newcastle and Liverpool manager Graeme Souness said: "I think you can be kidded by Pogba because when he moves he's like a Rolls Royce, but I've never seen him get hold of a game and dominate.

"I don't see him changing that many games. It's not like they've bought a Luis Suarez who will get you 50 goals a season."

50 in Spain yes in what is effectively a two/three horse race.

The bitterness is something else.

:lol:

Just when you think you've seen the daftest football fans in the world.....along come Man Yoo fans following a fecking plane on FlightRadar!! Staggeringly funny! :lol: :lol:

Yesterday we were following the wrong plane

Former Newcastle and Liverpool manager Graeme Souness said: "I think you can be kidded by Pogba because when he moves he's like a Rolls Royce, but I've never seen him get hold of a game and dominate.

"I don't see him changing that many games. It's not like they've bought a Luis Suarez who will get you 50 goals a season."

Don't worry Graeme, we'll do that next season with Kane :devil:

Where did this €30M/year suddenly surface from and get taken as fact?

If the fee is €110M, then €30M a year for 3 years must mean we're getting a discount.

If people are going to spout bollocks, can they at least provide a source for the bollocks, so we can at least decide whether or not it may or not be, in fact, bollocks?

He didn't suddenly start scoring in La Liga, his return in first Barcelona season was lower than his final two seasons at Liverpool.

Pogba has the ability to influence games for United even more than Suarez does for Barcelona though. Silly talk by Souness. We've already witnessed what a strong combative midfielder can do for you when Toure won trophies for City, and Pogba will be far better than Toure ever was.

Souness really is hurting. Why is he comparing a central midfielder to a striker like Suarez? Players like Pogba aren't in the team to score fifty goals per season; that isn't his job.

Where did this €30M/year suddenly surface from and get taken as fact?

If the fee is €110M, then €30M a year for 3 years must mean we're getting a discount.

If people are going to spout bollocks, can they at least provide a source for the bollocks, so we can at least decide whether or not it may or not be, in fact, bollocks?

Probably just a mistake over pounds and euros, £89m would be roughly £30m a season for 3 years.

To be fair Suarez scored 31 in 33 games in the league in England. Would have scored more if Liverpool were in Europe.

Souness really is hurting. Why is he comparing a central midfielder to a striker like Suarez? Players like Pogba aren't in the team to score fifty goals per season; that isn't his job.
To be fair a lot of people on this forum were saying we shouldn't pay so much because he's not Messi or Ronaldo. I don't understand it really. The best teams have the best players in every position, not a load of donkeys in defence and midfield with Messi or Ronaldo up front.

Rumours suggest he'll officially be unveiled tomorrow to the press, so I'd hazard a guess that we'd expect it then.
Makes sense, dominate the media cycle for a longer period of time - make the absolute most of the biggest transfer in history from a public relations viewpoint.

I dont really mind Souness, but what he is saying is ridiculous. Zidane wont get 50 goals, yet in todays market would be 150m+.

That said, Pogba, imo is capable of producing Lampard type numbers